Pill Cosby's "Victims" on New York Magazine Cover

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone posted this story on The Coli a good EIGHT MONTHS ago, but ya'all ignored it (or seemed to forget, because most of the claims you're making are countered right here). It answers most of the ridiculous excuses you've been making for Cosby's behavior. Women DID try to report this shyt when it happened, decades ago, and couldn't get shyt to happen because Bill Cosby is Bill Cosby.

Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...ars-for-people-to-believe-my-story/?tid=sm_fb

In 2004, when Andrea Constand filed a lawsuit against Bill Cosby for sexual assault, her lawyers asked me to testify. Cosby had drugged and raped me, too, I told them. The lawyers said I could testify anonymously as a Jane Doe, but I ardently rejected that idea. My name is not Jane Doe. My name is Barbara Bowman, and I wanted to tell my story in court. In the end, I didn’t have the opportunity to do that, because Cosby settled the suit for an undisclosed amount of money.

Over the years, I’ve struggled to get people to take my story seriously. So last month, when reporter Lycia Naff contacted me for an interview for the Daily Mail, I gave her a detailed account. I told her how Cosby won my trust as a 17-year-old aspiring actress in 1985, brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times. In one case, I blacked out after having dinner and one glass of wine at his New York City brownstone, where he had offered to mentor me and discuss the entertainment industry. When I came to, I was in my panties and a man’s t-shirt, and Cosby was looming over me. I’m certain now that he drugged and raped me. But as a teenager, I tried to convince myself I had imagined it. I even tried to rationalize it: Bill Cosby was going to make me a star and this was part of the deal. The final incident was in Atlantic City, where we had traveled for industry event. I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help. I’ll never forget the clinking of his belt buckle as he struggled to pull his pants off. I furiously tried to wrestle from his grasp until he eventually gave up, angrily called me “a baby” and sent me home to Denver.

Back then, the incident was so horrifying that I had trouble admitting it to myself, let alone to others. But I first told my agent, who did nothing. (Cosby sometimes came to her office to interview people for “The Cosby Show” and other acting jobs.) A girlfriend took me to a lawyer, but he accused me of making the story up. Their dismissive responses crushed any hope I had of getting help; I was convinced no one would listen to me. That feeling of futility is what ultimately kept me from going to the police. I told friends what had happened, and although they sympathized with me, they were just as helpless to do anything about it. I was a teenager from Denver acting in McDonald’s commercials. He was Bill Cosby: consummate American dad Cliff Huxtable and the Jell-O spokesman. Eventually, I had to move on with my life and my career.

I didn’t stay entirely quiet, though: I’ve been telling my story publicly for nearly 10 years. When Constand brought her lawsuit, I found renewed confidence. I was determined to not be silent any more. In 2006, I was interviewed by Robert Huber for Philadelphia Magazine, and Alycia Lane for KYW-TV news in Philadelphia. A reporter wrote about my experience in the December 2006 issue of People Magazine. And last February, Katie Baker interviewed me for Newsweek. Bloggers and columnists wrote about that story for several months after it was published. Still, my complaint didn’t seem to take hold.

Only after a man, Hannibal Buress, called Bill Cosby a rapist in a comedy act last month did the public outcry begin in earnest. The original video of Buress’s performance went viral. This week, Twitter turned against him, too, with a meme that emblazoned rape scenarios across pictures of his face.

While I am grateful for the new attention to Cosby’s crimes, I must ask my own questions: Why wasn’t I believed? Why didn’t I get the same reaction of shock and revulsion when I originally reported it? Why was I, a victim of sexual assault, further wronged by victim blaming when I came forward? The women victimized by Bill Cosby have been talking about his crimes for more than a decade. Why didn’t our stories go viral?

Unfortunately, our experience isn’t unique. The entertainment world is rife with famous men who use their power to victimize and then silence young women who look up to them. Even when their victims speak out, the industry and the public turn blind eyes; these men’s celebrity, careers, and public adulation continue to thrive. Even now, Cosby has a new comedy special coming out on Netflix and NBC is set to give him a new sitcom.

Fixing this problem demands more than public shaming. For Cosby to commit these assaults against multiple victims over several years, there had to be a network of willfully blind wallflowers at best, or people willing to aid him in committing these sexual crimes at worst. As I told the Daily Mail, when I was a teenager, his assistants transported me to hotels and events to meet him. When I blacked out at Cosby’s home, there were several staffers with us. My agent, who introduced me to Cosby, had me take a pregnancy test when I returned from my last trip with him. Talent agents, hotel staff, personal assistants and others who knowingly made arrangements for Cosby’s criminal acts or overlooked them should be held equally accountable.

I have never received any money from Bill Cosby and have not asked for it. I have nothing to gain by continuing to speak out. He can no longer be charged for his crimes against me because the statute of limitations is long past. That is also wrong. There should be no time limits on reporting these crimes, and one of my goals is to call for legislation to that end. Famous and wealthy perpetrators use their power to shame and silence their victims. It often takes years for young women to overcome those feeling and gain the confidence to come forward (by which point physical evidence is long gone). Our legal system shouldn’t silence them a second time.

Last week, I became a volunteer ambassador for PAVE (Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment), a national victim advocacy group that seeks to shatter the silence around sexual violence through targeted social, educational and legislative tactics. I will be writing and traveling the country talking to media, students and other interested groups about the importance of speaking out against sexual assault. I’ll largely focus on young models and actors who are especially vulnerable to the influences of the rich and powerful. They, like other sexual assault victims, deserve our support. It’s the perpetrators who should be facing public humiliation – not the victims.

Editor’s note: A representative for Bill Cosby did not return multiple calls and e-mails from Washington Post staff for comment on this piece. Elsewhere, Cosby repeatedly denied separate sexual-assault allegations by Andrea Constand.

:wow:

Nobody ignored this, once again the bytch has holes in her story

once again you nikkaz keep rehashing the same stories that are devoid of facts and evidence

in the 80's her body could have easily been examined to prove she had been raped

the rape victims who don't report rape or ones who are raped by their boyfriends or family members

O.J. Simpson was as popular as bill cosby as once and without a shred of evidence he was the number suspect to his wife's murder the same damn night

if there was a shred of evidence cosby would be in jail

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ya'all don't even see that your excuses keep proving the EXACT point that these women have been saying. Report rape against Bill Cosby and people will make any excuse possible to shut you down.

Ya'all don't see that your slander against them shows the EXACT problem. Report someone famous of rape, and you're going to get torn apart in public.

You say you don't believe the women who waited years to go to the authorities, but you won't believe the women who went to the authorities immediately either.

You say you don't believe the women who were raped more than once, but you won't believe the women who immediately tried to seek help after just one rape either.

You say you don't believe the women date raped in the 1960s, but you won't believe the women date raped in the 2000s either.

You say you don't believe the White women, but you won't believe the Black women either.

You say you don't believe the women who took money or who filed a civil suit, but you won't believe the women who have never, ever sought any money either.

You claim that no one would ignore an accusation of rape against Cosby, that D.A.'s would be frothing at the mouth to take the case, that media would be all over it...but you don't care that agents, lawyers, D.A.s and the media DID ignore this case for decades, even when they thought Cosby was guilty.

Why don't you just admit that your default is that you're just not going to believe any rape accusation against Bill Cosby, no matter what the facts of the individual case are, and the reasons you come up with not to believe are secondary.

Daps

once again you nikkaz keep rehashing the same stories that are devoid of facts and evidence

in the 80's her body could have easily been examined to prove she had been raped

the rape victims who don't report rape or ones who are raped by their boyfriends or family members

O.J. Simpson was as popular as bill cosby as once and without a shred of evidence he was the number suspect to his wife's murder the same damn night

I see why you were voted WOAT.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

You sound like a Penn a State fan circa 2011.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help."
Why the hell is she in his bedroom if she has her own room.

Why the hell are you in any close proximity of a man you feel like raped you.:mindblown:

"and I wanted to tell my story in court. In the end, I didn’t have the opportunity to do that, because Cosby settled the suit for an undisclosed amount of money."
What stopped her from telling her story?
@The Dankster

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
d8K9afh.gif
What happened to X? :why:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So can any of you dumb nikkas who were like, "B-b-but taking quaaludes was just like taking alcohol/molly/weed back then!" explain why Cosby admitted that he never took the quaaludes himself? :francis:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'all don't even see that your excuses keep proving the EXACT point that these women have been saying. Report rape against Bill Cosby and people will make any excuse possible to shut you down.

Ya'all don't see that your slander against them shows the EXACT problem. Report someone famous of rape, and you're going to get torn apart in public.

You say you don't believe the women who waited years to go to the authorities, but you won't believe the women who went to the authorities immediately either.

You say you don't believe the women who were raped more than once, but you won't believe the women who immediately tried to seek help after just one rape either.

You say you don't believe the women date raped in the 1960s, but you won't believe the women date raped in the 2000s either.

You say you don't believe the White women, but you won't believe the Black women either.

You say you don't believe the women who took money or who filed a civil suit, but you won't believe the women who have never, ever sought any money either.

You claim that no one would ignore an accusation of rape against Cosby, that D.A.'s would be frothing at the mouth to take the case, that media would be all over it...but you don't care that agents, lawyers, D.A.s and the media DID ignore this case for decades, even when they thought Cosby was guilty.

Why don't you just admit that your default is that you're just not going to believe any rape accusation against Bill Cosby, no matter what the facts of the individual case are, and the reasons you come up with not to believe are secondary.

Why don't you just admit that you don't care that there is no factual evidence against cosby. You are the one slandering bill cosby by saying he is rapist without any proof or evidence.

We don't blindly believe accusations against anybody without hard evidence to back them up. It's really that simple. That's the default for anybody accused of something not just Cosby. Somebody telling a story about what they think they remember from 40 years ago isn't facts or evidence of anything. Until they prove something it's just that.. a story. 100s of people claim they been abducted by the same aliens every year.. i don't believe them either until they produce some receipts.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His own fukking testimony is damning in itself. :what:

You nikkas are being wilfully dense because Cosby is the father you never had and you hate women.

You are the dense one.. did Cosby fukk your mother? These women leveled very specific charges.. and as such should be able to offer evidence for each. None of those had anything to do with that testimony though in which he answered questions related to that particular woman. And the women from that testimony claimed they voluntarily did drugs with Cosby and had sex. He never said anything about drugging someone with out consent. No different than any other celeb or rockstar with their drug fueled sex with groupies.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are the dense one.. did Cosby fukk your mother? These women leveled very specific charges.. and as such should be able to offer evidence for each. None of those had anything to do with that testimony though in which he answered questions related to that particular woman. And the women from that testimony claimed they voluntarily did drugs with Cosby and had sex. He never said anything about drugging someone with out consent. No different than any other celeb or rockstar with their drug fueled sex with groupies.

How many of these rock stars are having "drug fueled sex with groupies" while never actually taking the drugs themselves?