Pill Cosby's "Victims" on New York Magazine Cover

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Is it also very common to accept or actually demand continuous cash payments from your rapist,as well as to go back to your rapist house and get "raped" some more:childplease:

Sometimes when people feel like its they fault they got raped its because it was:mjlol:

And sometimes it just was never really rape in the first place.

The problem with that logic is if that's the case, Cosby is an idiot for not pursuing any legal action for being blackmailed.

But he didn't for obvious reasons. He's a powerhungry creep.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
And even you admit they weren't ignored,charges were just never pressed...Is it possible a refusal to press charges meant the D.A also though the claims looked like bullshyt too:heh:?

FORMER Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. remembers his office's 2005 investigation into claims of sexual misconduct by Bill Cosby.

"At the time I thought he was guilty, and I certainly haven't changed my mind about that," said Castor, now a county commissioner. "His statements were vague and imprecise and not responsive to the questions."

Nonetheless, his office declined to file charges against Cosby, Castor said yesterday, due to a lack of forensics and alleged victim Andrea Constand's fuzzy recollection of the January 2004 night the alleged assault took place. Constand claimed that Cosby drugged and groped her.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a distortion because you put all 35 back in that era. Now you're backing it up to "6 or 7".

I'm sure there were LOTS of D.A.'s in the South like that. Plenty sprinkled in the rest of the country too. But we're not talking about any D.A., in most of these cases we're talking about the specific D.A. who covers Hollywood or Broadway, and those guys protect their industry stars like nobody's business. Cosby wasn't just "a high profile negro", he was beloved by a shytload of White people and was making a shytload of money for the industry. You really want to rewrite history and say that there was all these White guys who were out to get Cosby? He was the "good Black man" making movies and TV shows with positive, White-friendly images. Even the down-low racists wanted him to succeed, for nothing else than because it would let them shyt on any other kind of Black entertainment that didn't meet White standards. Only the most hard-core racists would be trying to take Cosby down... who da fukk are they?

When the Cosby show was huge, it was pulled 50-60 ratings numbers. Half the fukking country was watching it. This isn't like we're talking Floyd Mayweather or something. We're not even talking R. Kelly. Cosby was way, way bigger than that in the White community.

We already have proof of what a D.A. would do to Cosby. Two different D.A.'s refused to file charges on him for two different cases, even when one of the women had 13 other witnesses backing her up.

And before it even gets to the D.A. First a woman has to go to the authorities, and women virtually never went to the authorities to report sexual assault by a powerful man in 1969 and the 1970s. No matter what supposed logic you use, you can't deny that women just didn't feel empowered to do that shyt. Like I said earlier, the term "sexual harassment" hadn't even been invented yet.

I'll try to just assume you meant something sensible by that statement.

Do I think that it's possible that a young White woman would be too scared or too embarrassed to admit being raped by Bill Cosby in 1969? Of course. No matter what, she's now "tainted goods" to a lot of guys, a shytload of people are going to say that she was "asking for it", her career in the industry would have been totally fukked, and there's no chance she was going to get any money out of it in that day and age. The fact that you can't understand that a woman in 1969 would very, very, very rarely go forward with a rape accusation is still blowing my mind.

edit: Not to mention, as Art Barr just pointed out, that serial rapists like this look for vulnerable victims, and no doubt he could pick on women that he knew would be unlikely to do anything. It's not like he's going to drag the super-feminist empowered female back to his room, he's going to pick the girls that he knows will be scared to do anything.

And do I think it's possible that others in the industry would protect him? Hell yeah. Of course they were protecting him - even ya'all admit that they were covering up all of his drug use, adultery, and sex with young White women, aren't you?

Where did I put all 35 women in that era

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
So Cosby raped a white woman in 1969 and got away with it ?
Yeah right
because most of them were aspiring actresses/models and wanted to break into the industry. those women didn't want to risk going after a top dog in the industry because it would of fukked up their future connects.

and back then there was little information about date rape drugs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kobe was bigger on 03 than Cosby in the 60s, but he couldn't hush the white bytch in Denver? :sas1:

:mjlol:

That was an awful analogy.

Kobe was bigger in 2003? You want to take a look at the stats on what % of White people are NBA fans, and then try and guess how many of those are Kobe fans? Kobe's fanbase is tiny compared to Cosby's fanbase.

Cosby had won three straight Best Actor Emmy's, had just won an Emmy for his own self titled "Bill Cosby Special" show, was topping the Billboard charts with his music, owned his own label, and ran his own production studio by 1969. How did Kobe's album do among White people? Cosby was WAY bigger in the entertainment industry and national audience in 1969 than Kobe was as a 22-year-old who wasn't even the best player on his team. You think the ratings for Laker games were even remotely close to the ratings for Cosby's shows?

And all that is stupid anyway, because Kobe had no power in a hotel in freaking Colorado. He had no meaningful fan base there, no one who was making any money off him, no authority in that hotel. It's night and day from Cosby picking our women in his own studio, on properties he owned, or in dressing room of other entertainment-industry people he worked with.

And in 2003, women came out with rape allegations. By 2000 and 2004, Cosby was having the women he went after coming out with accusations against him too. But that shyt very, very rarely happened in 1969.

By the way, Kobe DID hush the white girl in Denver. Don't you remember how she got her name dragged through the bushes, was declared a complete slut nationally, and ended up dropping the case for a settlement? Only with Kobe it was one girl and stayed that way, whereas Cosby clearly was much more active. If this is all about getting the Black man, where are the other 40 Kobe accusers? Where are all the Will Smith accusers? Why isn't R. Kelly locked up? Why has this never happened to any other Black singer or actor or comedian in the business...there's just one Black man with 40 women accusing him or rape.

Maybe it's time you admit that it's the man who is at fault.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:childplease:

Who da fukk said you have to be a mafia boss or Bill Gates to get away with sexually assaulting a woman in the 1970s? If you were the fukking manager at your McDonalds, you got away with that shyt back then. All that mattered was that you were more powerful than the woman.

Yes, in Cosby's case of a Black man raping several different White women, it would take more audacity than that. But he easily had that. He was running his own show, any vulnerable woman he targeted was going to be in his exclusive domain, and the industry had far more to gain by protecting him than by protecting some women they didn't give a shyt about.

:beli:Nikka did you just type this bullshyt or nah? Maybe just maybe, if you were a white man, you could get away with it.

Bill Cosby was still black.

Maybe the DA didn't want to waste his time on a case he could not win.:ld:

Bill Cosby losing in the court of public opinion though. :whew:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
because most of them were aspiring actresses/models and wanted to break into the industry. those women didn't want to risk going after a top dog in the industry because it would of fukked up their future connects.

and back then there was little information about date rape drugs.

The fact that they was aspiring actresses/models tells me they most likely would do anything to get fame.
So if a dude wanted them to be drugged why they had sex they would do it.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Are you fukking cacs trying to tell us a Black man was raping multiple cave bytches right after the other in 1960 something and no one believed them??? the cops didn't come shooting bill on sight like they do in more modern america?? story is bullshyt. Bill should sue these ugly women for trying to degrade his good name with slander.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
The fact that they was aspiring actresses/models tells me they most likely would do anything to get fame.
So if a dude wanted them to be drugged why they had sex they would do it.
I had a few moments where I tried to come forward. I’ve picked up the phone more than once over the course of two decades. This is before the women started coming forward in large numbers. But I was just too scared, and I also had the extra burden of not really wanting to take an African-American man down. I’ve always been very closely involved in the black community. And for me to come forward and basically destroy this very positive image of, as few as we have, of African-American men in America, it was just too difficult to do at that time.”

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The storys still the same if you say "But it was the 70's" "But it was the 80's""But it was the 90's" etc,AInt no credible claim of white women getting raped by a black man being ignored..

You want to base your claim on actual examples? Like, do you have all sorts of examples of Black men as powerful in the entertainment industry as Cosby getting taken down left and right by no-name White women in those eras?

:manny:

Ah, you don't have examples, you're just saying shyt.

AInt no credible claim of white women getting raped by a black man being ignored.. And even you admit they weren't ignored,charges were just never pressed...Is it possible a refusal to press charges meant the D.A also though the claims looked like bullshyt too:heh:?

:comeon:

So the basic argument is "ain't no claim of a white woman getting raped by a black man being ignored", but then you have to deal with the fact that multiple D.A.'s DID ignore it. So you just throw out "credible" into the mix...which is a completely circular argument.

If the White man was out to get Cosby so bad, then how did those first 15 claims get ignored by the D.A.'s AND the media so easily?

What would have made the claim more credible? Proving the sex wasn't enough. Proving that Cosby drugged them wasn't enough. Proving the twisted power dynamic wasn't enough. Your own testimony isn't enough. Back-up testimony from a dozen other women isn't enough. What the fukk else do you need to make the story "credible"???

You do realize that virtually everyone else admits now that Cosby raped at least 1-2 women. And it's a matter of public record that D.A.'s ignored the women who came forward in 2000 and 2004. Even when that second woman was able to bring out 13 other witnesses who could testify to the same behavior, it still got ignored.

Your entire arguments are spurious claims, based completely around "He's black and he wasn't charged, therefore he didn't do it." Which is the exact kind of stupid bullshyt that makes the community not get taken seriously, and proves that you don't know shyt about how power actually works in this country.