Picture of Gabrielle Union with her step-son begs the question...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
While it's easy to blame the stepmom, let's not like he ain't his daddy's son, AYE

As I said in the Magic thread, the seeds of moistness shall inherent the offspring

gallery-1439389460-esq090115fashionstyle002-1.jpg
Wade look like the first gay skydiver

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about all that. Clothing is such a susceptible fallacy, kids wear popular fashion. Unless they are going out of they way to dress in attire that is commonly known for women I would say let them be. They major fear in alot of cats is their kids will be gay. Why I don't know. I could see that for some men that means they automatically lose that connection with their son, because now they don't know how to relate to them. For daughters its a little different. But some men beat the shyt out they daughters too for being to butch. I just say let people be who the fukk they naturally want to be. If you in your child's life from day one. You KNOW what type of child they are, if your son is extra feminine and your a real father, then you know you've seen behavior when they were really young that displayed that type of behavior.

I've never heard of men beating the shyt out of their daughters for acting too manly... first time i've heard of this.

And the whole notion of "let your child be who they naturally want to be" comes with so many caveats that it almost makes the statement meaningless.
Every single parent has an idea of what is "good" for their child and will make sure that their child conforms to these ideals regardless of what their child thinks of it.
Things like religion, education, sports, social interaction, etc. There's also the fact that children won't know what they like/are good at until they've tried it.

Yes if a mother sees her son hates sports, she probably wont push him to pursue it regardless of all the known benefits it provides.
But if a mother sees her son hates school she will still wake his ass up at 6am to make sure he doesn't miss the bus.
There are parents who think that the most important thing they can impart into their children is religion
There's an infinite number of examples

So I'm curious, what is exactly does it look like for a parent to just fully let their child "naturally" be?
How much say would that parent have in the daily activities of the child?

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I've never heard of men beating the shyt out of their daughters for acting too manly... first time i've heard of this.

And the whole notion of "let your child be who they naturally want to be" comes with so many caveats that it almost makes the statement meaningless.
Every single parent has an idea of what is "good" for their child and will make sure that their child conforms to these ideals regardless of what their child thinks of it.
Things like religion, education, sports, social interaction, etc. There's also the fact that children won't know what they like/are good at until they've tried it.

Yes if a mother sees her son hates sports, she probably wont push him to pursue it regardless of all the known benefits it provides.
But if a mother sees her son hates school she will still wake his ass up at 6am to make sure he doesn't miss the bus.
There are parents who think that the most important thing they can impart into their children is religion
There's an infinite number of examples

So I'm curious, what is exactly does it look like for a parent to just fully let their child "naturally" be?
How much say would that parent have in the daily activities of the child?

Trying to discipline the "gay" out your kids has nothing to do with whats best for the child. That's what is best for you Period (not you in general of course).

What I said applies with common sense as well.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I think you guys should be careful about what you say about children. Being called gay when you're not can make a child question their sexuality when they're not even supposed to be thinking about that yet. He's probably not even aware of the way he's posing/standing, give him a chance to grow up and decide for himself what he is.
joker.gif

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to discipline the "gay" out your kids has nothing to do with whats best for the child. That's what is best for you Period (not you in general of course).

What I said applies with common sense as well.

Thats exactly why I replied to you in the manner that I did though.
It is clear as day to you and many others that your child being gay will not negatively affect your child like missing school or eating donuts everyday will.

However, there are those who believe that there is nothing more negative for their child than to be gay (bullying, suicide rates, etc).
The funny thing is both sides will quote it as"common sense" and both sides will claim total altruism in their parental decision making.

This is why I dont really care that much. As long as no one tells me how to raise my kids, I wont tell them how to raise theirs :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah child either grows up hating himself, or hating you. And if he don't commit suicide, bets believe all those beatings will come back to haunt you when you old and gray and need that nikka to help you later in life.........

Encourage die alone behavior brehs......:mjlol:
nikkas egos can't handle they child having a sexual orientation that's not "traditional" and they first resort is abuse of they damn child.

Honestly I would not want my son to be gay but I believe if they are really gay you can never change that. Takes a bigger person to put their ego to the side and realize that this ain't about you and support your kid for what they are.

If it was possible to beat/pray the gay away religioun would have been eradicated homosexuality

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Thats exactly why I replied to you in the manner that I did though.
It is clear as day to you and many others that your child being gay will not negatively affect your child like missing school or eating donuts everyday will.

However, there are those who believe that there is nothing more negative for their child than to be gay (bullying, suicide rates, etc).
The funny thing is both sides will quote it as"common sense" and both sides will claim total altruism in their parental decision making.

This is why I dont really care that much. As long as no one tells me how to raise my kids, I wont tell them how to raise theirs :yeshrug:

Raising kids also plays into being decent human beings.