Physical console games are quickly becoming a relatively niche market

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What games you buy recently then? Is GamePass not keeping you stuffed? :dame:
Pretty much anything notable to come out recently has been on Gamepass. Hadn’t purchased any games in a while.

But I did pick up a digital copy of the Mega Man X collection that was on sale for $9. Not even sure you can buy that in stores:ehh:

Next I’m getting Elden ring.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I am going to buy physical till I die, I cant imagine buying a game and not enjoying it but then cant sell it. If digital ever allows you to sell your copy in the market, etc. I would convert
Steam has something close to this, and I would need that adopted by all the other companies before I consider going all in on digital, too.

A lot of ppl really don't understand that if you give these companies that much power, they'll inevitably fukk the consumer over with it. At least with Physical discs, I still have some agency left to me. I don't like a digital game on PSN? Sony says that's too bad, but thanks for the money. It's the main reason why I've become so jaded with my purchases now.

Dudes keep pushing this gamepass shyt and best believe MS will remove standard digital copies from their storefront and leave y'all asses blowing in the breeze like Chicago Wind. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Steam has something close to this, and I would need that adopted by all the other companies before I consider going all in on digital, too.

A lot of ppl really don't understand that if you give these companies that much power, they'll inevitably fukk the consumer over with it. At least with Physical discs, I still have some agency left to me. I don't like a digital game on PSN? Sony says that's too bad, but thanks for the money. It's the main reason why I've become so jaded with my purchases now.

Dudes keep pushing this gamepass shyt and best believe MS will remove standard digital copies from their storefront and leave y'all asses blowing in the breeze like Chicago Wind. :mjlol:
Microsoft handles digital returns differently. you get a couple hours to try the game before you can return it.

And no, they won’t just remove digital games from their store, thats silly.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I prefer physical, but the only ganes I play nowadays like Destiny or SF, I play so long there is no resale value. Between that, and not having to fumble with a disc, digital it is. If I was into action games or beat em ups, where I could finish them and flip, I would. Game Pass is a factor as well.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So does everyone here trade in discs because they need the money for the newest game or is it just to get a discount off the newest game:jbhmm:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So does everyone here trade in discs because they need the money for the newest game or is it just to get a discount off the newest game:jbhmm:
Just to not waste... Why do I need Madden 21 sitting around when that $10 can go towards 22?

More than anything, and people call me a dinosaur, I use gamefly.. This month alone there's about 5 games I would have bought for $300... And we still got 10 months to go... For $240 I play anything I want all year.. Can't do that with digital

So again... The day they make any sort of incentive for buying digital besides, you don't have to get up, I'd be all for it. But right now, it saves me money in so many ways by going physical, that it doesn't even make sense. Games should be at least $10 less a piece on digital to start... That's on manufacturing/distribution savings alone