Physical console games are quickly becoming a relatively niche market

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yeah the cac definitely hit a lick on me. He was trying to persuade me into upgrading the bullshyt membership, I told him no. Then he tries to persuade me into buying the bullshyt insurance, I said I’m cool. Dude charged me for it anyways and I didn’t even realize until I uploaded that pic :martin:
:picard:Where are you buying games
I just order off of Amazon/Best Buy and keep it moving

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I play sports games mainly so I'm never going back to play a old version, but my wife games and she'll randomly want to play any damn thing so we end up with the disc version every time

Daps
So y’all paying full price for these games? :dahell:

I’m about to cop NBA 2K22 since it’s $20 at GameStop now. Why the hell would I pay $60 on the PStore just to play it digitally? :gucci:

A lot of other games are like that too. No way can I justify that steep price difference

If that’s what your financial situation dictates then hey

:manny:

You can catch a lot of digital sales breh

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
No they aint. I buy almost all my real games on physical.

Only games I get digital are games I'm unsure of in the first place.

Just got my HZD Forbidden west delivered...

:mjcry:

I'm at work for 12 hrs tonight tho.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m about to cop NBA 2K22 since it’s $20 at GameStop now. Why the hell would I pay $60 on the PStore just to play it digitally? :gucci:

A lot of other games are like that too. No way can I justify that steep price difference

Digital games are always on sale and they always have flash sells every season, where you can download games for cheap on any platform

NBA2k22 20 dollars at best buy with the digital downloads you can buy

no reason to own a disc, you are contributing to waste that's killing the planet

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I am going to buy physical till I die, I cant imagine buying a game and not enjoying it but then cant sell it. If digital ever allows you to sell your copy in the market, etc. I would convert

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Maybe I should have been clearer. When these companies do decide to finally drop the disk slot the only way to purchase your games will be through the respective markets that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo provide. Those companies can shut down store to previous consoles or create artificial scarcity at any time. And when that happens, you will not have a way to purchase older games. Doesn't necessarily mean that this scenario will happen but we've seen them do things like I'm describing in the past.
In the age of rental services like GamePass becoming more dominant, your worry is going to carry even more weight. They crowd of playing a game once and never again make GameStop a juggernaut in the resale market. That same crowd exists and is feasting on subscription services with rotating libraries. I’m not sure why the concept of wanting to keep something you paid for is ludicrous to some people.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There’s still the issue of not everyone having viable internet connection that makes physical disc still of upmost importance to some.
I’ve never been on board with this argument. Where are these people that have 4k TVs and a $500 console with no internet? What good is it to have those things and not be able to download the updates/patches?

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps

The only time I'll pay full price for physical game is if I really want to play it on day 1. Other than that, a lot of shyt that hits the market I can wait 45-60 days for a sale.