Physical console games are quickly becoming a relatively niche market

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
The only time I buy digital is when the game is like 75% off in the the PS Store.

The only time I might buy digital on day 1 is when a store/site like BB or Amazon fukk up or delay a order. Just like they did w/Horizon Forbidden West. I pre-ordered the physical copy, but FedEx just had my shyt "pending" for 2 days and when I called they gone tell me well we haven't printed a label yet.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the age of rental services like GamePass becoming more dominant, your worry is going to carry even more weight. They crowd of playing a game once and never again make GameStop a juggernaut in the resale market. That same crowd exists and is feasting on subscription services with rotating libraries. I’m not sure why the concept of wanting to keep something you paid for is ludicrous to some people.
Because y’all creating a false narrative

I will be able to “keep” the digital games Ive paid for indefinitely.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’ve never been on board with this argument. Where are these people that have 4k TVs and a $500 console with no internet? What good is it to have those things and not be able to download the updates/patches?

You tell me. The digital divide exists whether posters in here believe it or not and we saw it first hand during the pandemic when a lot of people in small towns or east bum fukk areas didn’t have access to wireless internet. Just because you have it doesn’t mean that everyone in the country does.

The information and research is there. You can choose to look it up if you want or continue making generalizations over information that has been proven not to be true.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Can't lie. I was initially against all digital but the reality is I haven't purchased a physical game since 2015, and that was Fallout 4 iirc. I think they were wrong for the initial, "always connected" & forced kinect mandate, but MS had the right idea with the digital approach they were taking with the XB1. That's clearly the path we're barreling towards. I don't think we're at the stage where it's fully viable yet, though. Physical media still has a place, even if the chasm is shrinking.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You tell me. The digital divide exists whether posters in here believe it or not and we saw it first hand during the pandemic when a lot of people in small towns or east bum fukk areas didn’t have access to wireless internet. Just because you have it doesn’t mean that everyone in the country does.

The information and research is there. You can choose to look it up if you want or continue making generalizations over information that has been proven not to be true.
Ups and FedEx delivers consoles to those small towns but not video games? I know stores have stopped stocking games like they used to but the discs are currently still being made and delivered to door steps.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Ups and FedEx delivers consoles to those small towns but not video games? I know stores have stopped stocking games like they used to but the discs are currently still being made and delivered to door steps.

We are talking about the concept of reliable wireless internet access, which everyone in the US just doesn’t have for one reason or another. It’s called the digital divide for a reason.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I play one game at a time so I still prefer physical games, especially for collecting. However, I do appreciate digital games for niche games. Especially when you find about a game years after the fact where buying a physical copy at retail price is impossible.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Never knew so many coli posters were preferred digital only.

I dont trust these companies and their licensing. They unlist games whenever their license runs out or have legal issues or are just being petty. Forza, P.T, Scott Pilgrim, Ninja Turtles and Transformers War for Cybertron are examples of games you can't but digitally...yes I know Scott Pilgrim got released. That doesn't change the fact they took it down for years while they had a legal issue with the composer.

Id stick with physical for my main console but digital for my homebrew :lolbron:

If they start making digital only consoles I'll be PC only until the console is jail breakable, they won't get a penny out of me besides the cost of the console :mjgrin:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I appreciate digital copies when I'm too tired to get up and insert the disc myself, but otherwise I still prefer getting the physical copy.