Physical console games are quickly becoming a relatively niche market

Daps

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I only buy digital on deep discount. Can't tell me that you can charge the same without the box design package or physical media. I'm not a sucka. They should be cheaper it's just logic

Once the game is all digital I'm out. ☮️
Agreed. Digital should be cheaper 🤷🏿‍♂️

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Agreed. Digital should be cheaper 🤷🏿‍♂️
problem is they don't want to undercut brick and mortar retailers, because they need them to sell hardware. brick and mortar stores are willing to sell consoles for a small markup, because they can also sell games, and other accessories, for a large markup. but if everyone starts buying games digitally, those stores won't want to deal with the hardware

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Had GT7 in mine then my PS5 broke. Sent in for repair and they couldn't get my GT7 out. I'm stuck at home with the steelbook case not being able to do shyt.

The ONE game I bought physical so far :dead:

I go digital for the most part anyway because of the multiple systems in the house.

wouldn't have this problem with the digital version. less moving parts means less chance for hardware failure.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Had dat warranty so they gave me my bread back so a minor L.

:salute: for that at least. but u was still without that PS5 for awhile while they fixed it. I remember shipping the PS2 in cuz it was fukking up. that's not what any of us want. and in an on-demand world, people ain't trying to be without they shyt.

honestly, if my shyt broke, I probably would simply go and cop another one while waiting for the OG to get fixed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:salute: for that at least. but u was still without that PS5 for awhile while they fixed it. I remember shipping the PS2 in cuz it was fukking up. that's not what any of us want. and in an on-demand world, people ain't trying to be without they shyt.

honestly, if my shyt broke, I probably would simply go and cop another one while waiting for the OG to get fixed.

I bought a Larry X to hold me over :francis:

Haven't turned on in months. :francis:

Took about a month to get another PS5 (horizon bundle) but since I had beaten Forbidden West earlier I just sold the code to my cousin.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
digital PS5 was. so glad I was forced into that on in hindsight as it saved me $100.

(at the time in 2021, digital was all they had, so I got it.)
I feel the issue with digital only consoles is you end up paying more down the road. There has been plenty of times when physical version games go on deep sale quicker. Plus, you limit the option of trading in or selling games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel the issue with digital only consoles is you end up paying more down the road. There has been plenty of times when physical version games go on deep sale quicker. Plus, you limit the option of trading in or selling games.

Physical is just a hassle nnow, creates clutter and theres so many console features that prioritize just jumping back into games.