Photos of 19th century Afro-Brazilian Slavery

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
North America and the Danish West Indies received the least amount of slaves and Brazil and the Caribbean received the most. At no point were blacks the majority in tge us but the black population in the us was the only one to be able to naturally replenish itself (slaves were expensive so they didnt kill slaves wily nily like south of the border )That's why the us has the second largest black population in the Americas

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
past is the past brehs :troll:

Honestly now, to address the one who says, 'Don't hold me responsible for what my ancestors did.' But you have enjoyed the benefits of what your ancestors did ... and unless you are ready to give up the benefits, throw away your 401 fund, throw away your trust fund, throw away all the monies you put away into the company you walked into because your daddy and grand daddy … Unless you are willing to give up the benefits then you must be responsible for what was done in your generation, because you are the beneficiaries of this insurance policy." -father pfleger

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
North America and the Danish West Indies received the least amount of slaves and Brazil and the Caribbean received the most. At no point were blacks the majority in tge us but the black population in the us was the only one to be able to naturally replenish itself (slaves were expensive so they didnt kill slaves wily nily like south of the border )That's why the us has the second largest black population in the Americas
Bruh you contradicted yourself. The north didn't have slaves.

They may not have been the majority in the whole US, but there were DEFINITELY more slaves than whites in the SOUTH, to the point where it got worrisome. Contrary to popular beliefs, revolts were on and popping. They realized they needed to stop bringing in new slaves and the cultural history they brought with them.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So those countries have more black people? I dunno, I just heard that in some documentary. I could be wrong.

But they consider their mixed race people black too, as I've read on the net, so I dunno.

Yeah you have a lot mixed White skinned people claiming Black ancestry in Brazil.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Bruh you contradicted yourself. The north didn't have slaves.

They may not have been the majority in the whole US, but there were DEFINITELY more slaves than whites in the SOUTH, to the point where it got worrisome. Contrary to popular beliefs, revolts here on and popping.

North America includes the Southern United States.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
i really do not understand how the discussion about reparations has become so taboo in today's society. even amongst black folks, you are looked at in a condescending matter for bringing it up. after all this torture and free labor, shyt makes me sick how generations of our people lived their lives under such misery while profits exploded for these devils and generational wealth was passed down over and over and over again. how the hell did we lose this debate? heck how did we not even get a debate about this when the japs spent 2 damn years in camps and got paid. shyt is very disturbing.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
:comeon:If poiter is posting in this topic, put him on ignore, like the majority of people on the coli has. he's trying to dilute the conversation with white supremacist tactics.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:If poiter is posting in this topic, put him on ignore, like the majority of people on the coli has, he's trying to dilute the conversation with white supremacist tactics.

You obviously know I'm posting, stupid nikka.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i really do not understand how the discussion about reparations has become so taboo in today's society. even amongst black folks, you are looked at in a condescending matter for bringing it up. after all this torture and free labor, shyt makes me sick how generations of our people lived their lives under such misery while profits exploded and wealth was passed down over and over and over again. how the hell did we lose this debate? how did we not even get a debate about this when the japs spent 2 damn years in camps and got paid. shyt is very disturbing.

you got your black universities and affirmative action and food stamps :troll: