Phonte - No News Is Good News (DIscussion Thread)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This new Phonte is high quality grown folks music..
It's like he's taken the rhymes/lyricism and boom bap from the Little brother days and spliced it with the work he did with Nicolay as the foreign exchange.
The result is :banderas:

That’s why this album stands out to me so much. A lot of times you get high quality lyricism but bland production/music. Or you get great production value but subpar lyricism. This album combines both, it’s like the best of Little Brother and Foreign Exchange mixed together as you said

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That’s why this album stands out to me so much. A lot of times you get high quality lyricism but bland production/music. Or you get great production value but subpar lyricism. This album combines both, it’s like the best of Little Brother and Foreign Exchange mixed together as you said
No doubt. The production keeps growing on me. But I've always liked FE and I've openly admitted that I might not like this production for any other artist. A couple of 9th Wonder joints on here and and I'd be ready to give it 4.5 mics and call it a personal classic.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The fact he even shouted out Big Pooh, 9th Wonder (Even tho they been cool again since Charity) and Big Dho.....mane, Little Brother HAS to come back after this LP. They've done them for long enough. One more LB album is all I need. :mjcry:

Phonte confirmed in an interview with Billboard that he has no interest in ever doing a Little Brother reunion.

He says that they are all cool personally but it ain’t gonna happen

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way Phonte is flowing on Find That Love Again :wow: :jbhmm: Bringing that love for hiphop back :jbhmm:

I used to jump in the whip throw on a beat and write bars to it
And get sharp to it all summer long
Like I’m doin martial arts to it
It was my mental training
It’s insane pursuing a dream
And then all love is lost to ya
Now I think about my pops wishin I could have a talk to him
Or walk to him
Anyone you miss you’d say the same
Now on to lighter thangs
Let’s start moving
Coming back to this spot was a long shot
But nikka what’s a long shot to a sharp shooter

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
Phonte confirmed in an interview with Billboard that he has no interest in ever doing a Little Brother reunion.

He says that they are all cool personally but it ain’t gonna happen

Quote a link to interview - Phonte Talks New Album 'No News Is Good News,' Growth as a Lyricist & If Little Brother Will Ever Reunite

And now comes the obligatory Little Brother reunion question…

I understand people will always ask for it. Personally, it’s not something that I have interest in doing because I enjoy the peace that’s in my life right now. It’s not something that I have a desire to do in that way. Me, Pooh and 9th are good. They know that anything they need me for, I got them. I could have called Pooh or 9th and asked them to be on every song on this album and they would have done it. I would do the same for them. My main concern is that we are good with each other on a personal level.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
:wow: this album is a very pleasant surprise.
I was caught off guard on the quality & cohesiveness.

:manny:I gotta give the man my money. This is the type of hip-hop I wanna hear more often