Phonte - No News Is Good News (DIscussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I ain't even gonna read everybody's else opinion on this shyt at the moment. I'm speaking for myself, mane.

No News Is Good News is a grown man rap album, but so was Charity Starts At Home. This one, it's basically the Little Brother version of 4:44 if anything. He really did drop ALOT of wisdom on here.

Especially when Tigallo done said:

"Cause by the time you realize that your father is right,
You'll probably have your own son telling you that you wrong"

:ohhh:

And I have Charity Starts At Home on CD. I bought it on hardcopy at a Foreign Exchange show 2 years ago. AND met Nicolay the same night. I WILL be purchasing this disc when the physical drops. TAKE MY $ MANE!

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
The fact he even shouted out Big Pooh, 9th Wonder (Even tho they been cool again since Charity) and Big Dho.....mane, Little Brother HAS to come back after this LP. They've done them for long enough. One more LB album is all I need. :mjcry:
it will prob drop out of nowhere like this one...but i dont know when...wishful thinking would say in the next year or so but we could hope in the next decade :pachaha:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off first listen this is the best rap album I’ve heard since 4:44. Perfect mix of bars and great music. It’s criminal that Phonte isn’t more famous than he is. I’m feeling all the tracks but the standouts for me are Expensive Genes, Cry No More and Such is Life. Not to sound corny but I was really growing tired of hip hop lately. Shyt was becoming background music for me, some shyt to bump in the whip or gym. This album restored the feeling for me :wow:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off first listen this is the best rap album I’ve heard since 4:44. Perfect mix of bars and great music. It’s criminal that Phonte isn’t more famous than he is. I’m feeling all the tracks but the standouts for me are Expensive Genes, Cry No More and Such is Life. Not to sound corny but I was really growing tired of hip hop lately. Shyt was becoming background music for me, some shyt to bump in the whip or gym. This album restored the feeling for me :wow:
Me too breh, I felt the exact same way. Got those restoring the feeling goosebumps :jbhmm:

It saddens me Phonte never truly blew up, but he has a core fanbase thats allowed him to do what he loves, and he keep delivering :blessed:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I thought it was much better that 4:44 but I agree with the sentiment album is complete.