Phonte - No News Is Good News (DIscussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Lyrics 10
Beats 7

Fully understand people mentioning some of the beats are kinda light, especially Such Is Life and the last 3 songs. Those are R&B tracks that he decided to rap over. That aside, flawless lyrics on here. Phonte sounds as fresh as he ever has. Felt like a grown GetBack Phonte.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Is this a rap album or singing? Will peep soon. I miss rapping Phonte. 9th beats?
Phonte raps on 9 out of the 10 songs.Bars on top of bars on this album.

No 9th. He shouts out 9th and Pooh on the 2nd to last song though and he and 9th I think are working on something.

Most of the production is from Marco Polo, Illingsworth, Nottz, AbJo, Tall Black Guy, and a couple others I'm not familiar with.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Phontiga dropped an album :ohhh: Is it all rap or he still on that foregin exchange singing shyt?

Can't wait to hear it.

Edit:Nevermind the question. It's been answered already.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

No 9th. He shouts out 9th and Pooh on the 2nd to last song though and he and 9th I think are working on something.

Most of the production is from Marco Polo, Illingsworth, Nottz, AbJo, Tall Black Guy, and a couple others I'm not familiar with.
will peep then

Illnsworth and Tall Black Guy :ehh::wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Best joints after a couple days with this IMO are

Cry No More
So Help Me God
Pastor Tigallo
Such Is Life
Find That Love Again
Sweet You

I almost consider Expensive Genes to be like an intro to Cry No More...almost like how the beat switched in A MIllion and One Questions/Rhyme No More by Jay-Z.

Phonte even starts Cry No More off with that nod to Rhyme No More.

Daps

fukk.. yes.. :ooh::ohlawd::whoo: :blessed:

he even got Tall Black Guy on the boards.. :banderas:

new Tigallo album is really here.. :wow:

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
shyt is ok. I get into it again but it was a lil boring.... especially with the amount of music that just came out the past 2 weeks... this one will lag behind in the replay list for now.