Philly Teens Beat a 73 Yearold Man to Death

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
It's not so much that the people like the ones in the OP's story "define" the Black community. It's more so that this radical(but sizable) minority causes the most collateral damage in our communities and end up being a heavy burden to average law abiding, tax paying Black families and residents.

I don't know what the ultimate solution is because there's a lot of factors ranging from broken households, mental health, drug use, lack of resources, etc. that have to be taken into account but we do have a strong element of radicalized street thugs who will damn near murder their own mothers for money, power, and respect. These thugs do not dominate the Black community demographically but they have a very negative impact on the communities that normal Black people with jobs, families, taxes/bills/rent to pay, etc. have to coexist with while hoping for the best possible outcomes. This comes with a lot of dilemmas though due to the fact that gangsters and street thugs these days have no sense of code or protecting the hoods that they rep at all. Crips and Bloods started off as branches of the Black Panthers to agents of chaos in their own hoods.

Back in the day, you could stay away from gang/street/drug stuff and feel like you were totally fine as long as you used street smarts and knew your whereabouts well. Even White gentrifiers had/have that same mindset. But this new batch of street thugs are something else and don't care one bit about harming innocent people and bystanders with no ties to them.

And dudes like the old man are in a long line of victims of these codeless/reactionary/drugged up "new wave" street thugs.
I was talking to my pops about it the other day. This new generation is just different. I'm not saying we were ethical back then but generally you didn't mess with people who stayed away from that lifestyle. I don't even go around my old stomping grounds anymore. I have a career and a daughter so too much to lose. Especially if I get put in a scenario were my ego and pride could get the best of me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Sidenote: Anyone think it's weird that they were able to find these kids so easily? I bet you Philly has some mass surveillance, facial recognition shyt they've been using. :francis:
Where they gone go?

This ain’t tubi

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
shyt is sad.. OG lost his life and lil breh will never get to enjoy the rest of his teenage years, learn to drive a car, try to get that girl he likes number, look forward going to college, just growing up.. Lil man will never get to experience that.. He’s as good as dead, Black children never get a second chance after making a life altering mistake but lil cac kids can drive drunk kill a couple people and they will never see a fukkin jail cell smh

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And what are they victims of?
Circumstance, poor parenting and a society in which Black people are punished more harshly under the system than other groups.

If these children had someone watching over them they wouldn’t have been running the streets at all hours.