Philly Teens Beat a 73 Yearold Man to Death

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
There are spots i would go to in the hood 5-6 yrs ago that i would not step near now. Part of it is maturity but most of it is just the rise in senseless crime like this case :hubie:

As a younger breh I felt more comfortable in the hood with people I look like than trying to hang out in the cac high class areas, but even I knew I was pushing it. I just felt I wasnt a target because I wasnt in gang colors, anything expensive and generally minding my own business, but it doesnt work like that which I now realize.
I heard so many bad stories about Philly growing up..like there was white chalk all over ever sidewalk from the cops outline of dead bodies.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope that I would. Because regardless of feelings these kids are victims too.

Their parents and family were supposed to be protecting and giving them guidance. They failed them. And these are the consequences.
You know good and well your answer is no but you gotta back up your weak point due to pride. Smh

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

14-Year-Old Charged As Adult With 3rd-Degree Murder In Connection To Fatal Beating Of 73-Year-Old Man: Police​

By CBS3 StaffJuly 13, 2022 at 9:45 am
Filed Under:James Lambert, Local News, Philadelphia News

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A 14-year-old boy who turned himself in to police Monday in connection with the beating death of a 73-year-old man in North Philadelphia has been charged as an adult with third-degree murder and criminal conspiracy. He lived just blocks from the attack.
Security video shows who police say is a teen boy holding a traffic cone winding back before he strikes an elderly man from behind.
READ MORE:2-Year-Old Boy, 4 Teenagers Among 8 People Shot In 2 Separate Quadruple Shootings In Philadelphia: Police
Police say the boy in the video is 14-year-old Richard Jones. He turned himself in to authorities with his younger brother Monday. Jones is being charged as an adult with third-degree murder and conspiracy in connection with the victim’s death.

A source tells Eyewitness News that 14-year-old Jones had his 10-year-old brother with him at the time of the incident in the early morning hours of June 24. Police confirmed that the brothers were questioned on Monday, but the 10-year-old was later released. Police haven’t yet said why.
The attack happened June 24 around 2:30 a.m. on the 2100 block of Cecil B. Moore Avenue. Surveillance video shows the group of four males and three females taunting and striking 73-year-old James Lambert with a traffic cone. Lambert died the next day from injuries to his head.
Jones’ attorney asked the magistrate judge for leniency. The attorney says Jones just recently graduated middle school and cited that he did not have a prior criminal record or any school disciplinary actions, adding that some sort of altercation happened prior to what was seen on video released by police.
Family and friends of Jones refused to comment to Eyewitness News as they walked out of the Criminal Justice Center on Tuesday night moments after Jones appeared before a judge.
In court, Jones’ attorney admitted her client threw a cone at Lambert, but that it hit the 73-year-old in the shoulder.
His attorney also claimed that it followed an altercation with the victim that was not seen on camera as the group of juveniles was leaving a rec center along the 2100 block of Cecil B. Moore after playing basketball. She also says a girl also seen in the video threw the cone that struck the victim in his head. Lambert died the day after the attack.

READ MORE:City Councilmember Cindy Bass Cancels Annual Summer Event Series Due To Safety Concerns
Jones’s attorney did not answer Eyewitness News’s questions, but in court, she told the judge her client had won a community service award, played football and worked as a summer camp teacher. She asked for him to be released to his family.
The judge refused and set bail at $750,000.
Jones is being held at a juvenile center until his preliminary hearing, which is scheduled for July 26.
Crime scene tape is still left behind where the attack happened before Lambert’s life was taken from him and just across the street from a community garden where volunteers give back. They provide free food to this underserved neighborhood.
It’s a much different scene than what happened nearby late last month.
“When I saw that video my jaw dropped, my heart sunk,” Sanctuary Farm Executive Director Andrea Vettori said. “And you just have to wonder, why?”
Police sources tell Eyewitness News a girl that was involved in the attack is expected to turn herself in on Wednesday morning.
The city is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case.
MORE NEWS:14-Year-Old Girl Charged With 3rd-Degree Murder In Connection To Beating Death Of James Lambert In North Philadelphia

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And if this were one of your grandparents beaten to death in the street while they giggled, what would be the appropriate punishment for his/her death?

I don’t believe in the death penalty or life sentences for minors. I’m not the court system. So I’d hope that justice was served whatever that is. As far as I can tell the American criminal justice system has more than enough tools to see that justice is delivered here.

I know what isn’t the appropriate punishment tho….

And it isn’t calling for the death of children on a message board. It isn’t calling them animals. It isn’t begging for harsher policing and sentencing.

RIP to that man. And I hope everybody involved finds peace.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Damn, charged as an adult while only being 14 years old. Just graduated middle school and had never gotten in any serious trouble.

I remember I was 15 years old and a fiend tried to finesse me for some weed I was selling, dude looked like Big Worm from 'Friday'. We whooped his ass and threw a bike at his head. If he would've fell the wrong way, my life would've turned out a lot different.

Life is crazy.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What does my username have to do with me calling you a liar?

If the kids were Hispanic would your response be the same?
You are projecting your warped value system onto mine. Your soul is warped.

Now I’m not the best Christian in the world but I firmly believe in forgiveness. You know the whole what would Jesus do thing…

And I’m actually practicing it right now.

I forgive you for your ignorance and terrible inconsistent posting that doesn’t match your value system. And I pray you free yourself from the self imposed binds of hypocrisy.

:umad:

Lol at trying to come up with with a scenario where I’m going co-sign harsh sentences for minors. I don’t care if they’re Black, White, Asian or Hispanic.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are projecting your warped value system onto mine. Your soul is warped.

Now I’m not the best Christian in the world but I firmly believe in forgiveness. You know the whole what would Jesus do thing…

And I’m actually practicing it right now.

I forgive you for your ignorance and terrible inconsistent posting that doesn’t match your value system. And I pray you free yourself from the self imposed binds of hypocrisy.

:umad:

Lol at trying to come up with with a scenario where I’m going co-sign harsh sentences for minors. I don’t care if they’re Black, White, Asian or Hispanic.
I didn't say anything about harsh sentences. You said those kids were victims. Would they be victims if they were Hispanic? Simple yes or no. Keep the long-winded response

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Two of the 14 yr old girls turned themselves in too
One of them got sent back home and I guess they're going charge the one who used the traffic cone with murder

In other news, 8 teens got shot last night and 4 of them are in critical condition. This city is pure trash to be a young person. Not sure how old he is but he looked young but a kid just got shot in the chest soon as they opened the subway car doors right in center city a couple hours ago. :snoop: