Phil spencer answers and shuts down sony stans burning questions and concerns

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Well by the end of the year Sony fanboys who talking BS in this thread will have an Xbox. That's the entire point get people in the ecosystem. Starfield will easily be the game of the year
:russ:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Well by the end of the year Sony fanboys who talking BS in this thread will have an Xbox. That's the entire point get people in the ecosystem. Starfield will easily be the game of the year
BUYING A shytBOX?!!
KNOCK OFF NO MAN SKY? GOTY?!!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :russ:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question, then y'all can go back to arguing over this interview line by line:

Why is it considered crazy for people to point to the Bethesda purchase as a red flag? I know he said they'd go multiplat on their releases on a case by case basis, but since the sale closed, Bethesda mostly hasn't published or announced plans to publish anything on non Microsoft friendly platforms that they didn't already have deals in place for (Deathloop, Ghostwrite), or have significant development done for (Doom Eternal DLC, and Fallout 76 DLC). The only exception that I can think of is that Bethesda published that Quake port from 2021. I don't think it's beyond reason for people to wonder what all Microsoft's logic is for what deserves a multiplat release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Serious question, then y'all can go back to arguing over this interview line by line:

Why is it considered crazy for people to point to the Bethesda purchase as a red flag? I know he said they'd go multiplat on their releases on a case by case basis, but since the sale closed, Bethesda mostly hasn't published or announced plans to publish anything on non Microsoft friendly platforms that they didn't already have deals in place for (Deathloop, Ghostwrite), or have significant development done for (Doom Eternal DLC, and Fallout 76 DLC). The only exception that I can think of is that Bethesda published that Quake port from 2021. I don't think it's beyond reason for people to wonder what all Microsoft's logic is for what deserves a multiplat release.
Because they literally said bethesda games would be case by case from day one.

They always said COD would be multiplat. And they explained the economics of it.

And now they are offering and have signed multiple 10 year contracts to bring the game to all platforms.

The question for people such as yourself is why do you pretend the two situations are anywhere near similar?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they literally said bethesda games would be case by case from day one.

They always said COD would be multiplat. And they explained the economics of it.

And now they are offering and have signed multiple 10 year contracts to bring the game to all platforms.

The question for people such as yourself is why do you pretend the two situations are anywhere near similar?

Breh, I'm merely asking a question. No reason to get overly defensive.

And the reason I'm asking why people such as yourself immediately want to write off that point is that they said case by case, and haven't done anything to suggest what cases actually DO warrant non-exclusive release, aside from "We're contractually obligated by pre-existing agreements to do this." For some people, that doesn't necessarily align with the "We want more people to have more access to more games" reassurances they were giving out.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

And the reason I'm asking why people such as yourself immediately want to write off that point is that they said case by case, and haven't done anything to suggest what cases actually DO warrant non-exclusive release, aside from "We're contractually obligated by pre-existing agreements to do this." For some people, that doesn't necessarily align with the "We want more people to have more access to more games" reassurances they were giving out.
Buy an Xbox or a pc and keep it moving. I’m not over here crying over Nintendo and PlayStation exclusives.

Buy the console or don’t play the game.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buy an Xbox or a pc and keep it moving. I’m not over here crying over Nintendo and PlayStation exclusives.

Buy the console or don’t play the game.

I have an XBox and a PS5, so I'm not stressing.

And ultimately, that approach is what everyone assumes. A lot of this pushback is really just people asking Microsoft to be up front with what they want out of the deal instead of trying to sell everybody on them buying publishers just to maintain the status quo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I didn’t get defensive. I answered your question.

But they didn’t say COD would be “case by case” Maybe if they were being coy about it or jewlezing like they did with bethesda then your concerns would be warranted. But they aren’t. They said it loud and clear that COD would stay multiplat and have signed binding contracts to follow through on that promise.

They have set a precedent with minecraft in the past. They said they would never take it from other platforms and they never did. From day one they described their plans with COD to mirror how they have handled Minecraft.

So at this point, with all that information out there if people are still “concerned” about COD going “exclusive” then they are either misinformed or they have some other reason to be spreading their “concern”

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Like none of this is true. You apparently get your news from @Gizmo_Duck :smh:

I mean. You are wrong. literally everytime we do this. But you do the same shyt:francis:
"The CMA considered Microsoft’s broader strategies, as evidenced by its internal documents and historical course of dealing following similar transactions in the past. The CMA found that the potential strategic benefits to Microsoft of using ABK’s content to foreclose rivals— such as expanding the Game Pass user base and strengthening network effects in its gaming ecosystem—could outweigh any immediate losses in terms of licensing revenues. The CMA notes that Microsoft has followed this approach in several past acquisitions of gaming studios, where it made future game releases from those studios exclusive in consoles to Xbox (such as the upcoming Starfield and, based on Microsoft’s public statements, Elder Scrolls VI from Bethesda, a studio Microsoft acquired as part of its USD 7.5 billion acquisition of ZeniMax in 2021)."

Straight from the document, I'm not doing this with you today

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
"The CMA considered Microsoft’s broader strategies, as evidenced by its internal documents and historical course of dealing following similar transactions in the past. The CMA found that the potential strategic benefits to Microsoft of using ABK’s content to foreclose rivals— such as expanding the Game Pass user base and strengthening network effects in its gaming ecosystem—could outweigh any immediate losses in terms of licensing revenues. The CMA notes that Microsoft has followed this approach in several past acquisitions of gaming studios, where it made future game releases from those studios exclusive in consoles to Xbox (such as the upcoming Starfield and, based on Microsoft’s public statements, Elder Scrolls VI from Bethesda, a studio Microsoft acquired as part of its USD 7.5 billion acquisition of ZeniMax in 2021)."

Straight from the document, I'm not doing this with you today
They’ll ignore this like they always do. I’ve brought it up multiple times as my problem with these recent purchases by M$