Pfizer gang we got a problem study says Moderna more effective against delta variant

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im just saying research where the funding comes from that backs the scientists that makes up the peer reviewed community.. You may find something in common.. Like Phillip Morris running anti-smoking campaigns for instance..

I dunno about all that. I guess you could look into it but this has nothing to do with covid or vaccines specifically, this is how this has been done for any research paper....basically ever.

You can't just jump out the window with info, it has to be researched by other people.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno about all that. I guess you could look into it but this has nothing to do with covid or vaccines specifically, this is how this has been done for any research paper....basically ever.

You can't just jump out the window with info, it has to be researched by other people.

Fred.

I get that.. But supposed the research is good but goes against the peers? Depending on whats at stake, they cant print that shyt.. Just like the government cant disclose everything they know, to keep from having a public frenzy.. If the government told all they knew about this pandemic I'd be the end of humanity and you know this im sure..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get that.. But supposed the research is good but goes against the peers? Depending on whats at stake, they cant print that shyt.. Just like the government cant disclose everything they know, to keep from having a public frenzy.. If the government told all they knew about this pandemic I'd be the end of humanity and you know this im sure..

Again, I dunno about all that. You're getting into hypothetical territory.

This particular research paper is about the vaccines vs covid....if it was as serious as you're suggesting (to the point that they'd somehow juke the info or hide it completely)....then there obviously wouldn't be a thread on The Coli. That info would never get out in the first place.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, I dunno about all that. You're getting into hypothetical territory.

This particular research paper is about the vaccines vs covid....if it was as serious as you're suggesting (to the point that they'd somehow juke the info or hide it completely)....then there obviously wouldn't be a thread on The Coli. That info would never get out in the first place.

Fred.

"A thread on the Coli?" :pachaha:

Come on now.. Do you know how much information must be held back in order to run any nation? Especially a super power..

But yeah.. you right.. Next time I'll be sure to see if my literature is peer reviewed..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"A thread on the Coli?" :pachaha:

Come on now.. Do you know how much information must be held back in order to run any nation? Especially a super power..

But yeah.. you right.. Next time I'll be sure to see if my literature is peer reviewed..

I'm saying if the info is held back, then there wouldn't be a thread on The Coli.

We're in a thread on The Coli discussing a non-peer reviewed research paper on vaccines. I don't see how what you're saying applies to this specific topic.

Fred.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
If we don’t let the rest of the world get shot 1 and 2 first these varients Will keep spinning the block at a rapid rate

Its time for them to start shipping excess supply of dose 1 and 2 elsewhere (they know where most Americans are traveling to and from). Dumbos dont want to take it in the States but I guarantee they will start an uproar when they start sending it abroad smh

The booster is different, so they need to prepare and stock it. Issue it for free like the first one and we can be good

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying if the info is held back, then there wouldn't be a thread on The Coli.

We're in a thread on The Coli discussing a non-peer reviewed research paper on vaccines. I don't see how what you're saying applies to this specific topic.

Fred.

I'll let you guys and gals discuss this pandemic amongst yourselves then.. Because information don't begin and end with coli posts..

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This whole thread irrelevant because both vaccines are still doing its job (keeping u from getting seriously ill) but its just that Moderna protects u more from even contracting it.

Mayo Clinic: COVID Breakthrough Risk May Be Much Lower With Moderna Than Pfizer
To be sure, the authors found that both vaccines "strongly protect" against severe disease; the difference appears to be more about whether people get infected at all in the first place.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
(keeping u from getting seriously ill).

they didn't check long term nor did they check long covid during the stage III trials.

those trials stopped when the infection count confidence threshold was reached.

or is "long covid" (in your opinion) not "serious"

NB. chronic vs. acute illness ...

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
That shyt is across all AP publications.. If it wasn't peered reviewed it wouldn't have made it across different media outlets.. Thats why they're talking booster shots now..

That's actually a common problem with the press. They will report on a study before it even goes to peer review and then retract it later. It mostly happens when they report on new diets or certain stories about a certain food causing cancer.

As for this study, it is most definitely in pre print and they even mention it on the first line.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
i would post the literal definition of vaccine (dictionary and CDC) but the brehs bragging about being vaccinated will just disregard it. a breh dropped a gem in this thread and it was overlooked, these shots are treatments and I have nothing against ppl choosing to get them but dont brag like you're better because you did :hubie:

i'll get the treatment too when the FDA says they're good to go, supposedly next month but who knows

There are different types of immunity. Look up sterilizing immunity vs functional immunity