Pfizer gang we got a problem study says Moderna more effective against delta variant

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If you flabby and sick the Rona gonna take you out no matter what vaccine you got. Mask up, wash your hands, wash your ass, drop the Big Mac, and go for a morning jog.

A lot of Coli brehs gonna get snuffed out in the near future. Especially the anti-vaxx people

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That shyt is across all AP publications.. If it wasn't peered reviewed it wouldn't have made it across different media outlets.. Thats why they're talking booster shots now..

Homie, it literally says it's not peer reviewed and it's pre-print in the link in the first post.

I'm :dead: at "if it wasn't peer reviewed it wouldn't have made it across different media outlets"....the media posts non-peer reviewed info all the time.

Matter of fact, if you check the stickied covid-19 thread....search my name, and the words "peer reviewed"....I've had to point this out literally dozens of times since day 1.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Homie, it literally says it's not peer reviewed and it's pre-print in the link in the first post.

I'm :dead: at "if it wasn't peer reviewed it wouldn't have made it across different media outlets"....the media posts non-peer reviewed info all the time.

Matter of fact, if you check the stickied covid-19 thread....search my name, and the words "peer reviewed"....I've had to point this out literally dozens of times since day 1.

Fred.

Ok sir.. I'll find the peer reviewed studies and report back in a few..

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
i would post the literal definition of vaccine (dictionary and CDC) but the brehs bragging about being vaccinated will just disregard it. a breh dropped a gem in this thread and it was overlooked, these shots are treatments and I have nothing against ppl choosing to get them but dont brag like you're better because you did :hubie:

i'll get the treatment too when the FDA says they're good to go, supposedly next month but who knows

i am curious, if you dont trust the government all ready, and dont trust the medical and science community, what good does approval from another smaller government agency who works for the the much larger government as a whole actually do for you?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i am curious, if you dont trust the government all ready, and dont trust the medical and science community, what good does approval from another smaller government agency who works for the the much larger government as a whole actually do for you?
:ufdup: didnt say i didnt trust the government or science, i just dont trust a rushed vaccine. if the FDA says its good after this big ass trial phase, i'll take it. act like the EUA didn't give them cause to use y'all as test subjects.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I’m waiting for this answer as well, a lot of people waiting for the formal FDA approval, but still don’t trust the overall government :mindblown:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok sir.. I'll find the peer reviewed studies and report back in a few..

Kinda curious which study you're referencing as the topic is Moderna being better than Pfizer. Which again, hasn't been peer reviewed.

If you're specifically talking about Moderna and Pfizer not being as good against delta....there's conflicting reports about that. And what constitutes "good", as in infection vs more severe things like hospitalization and/or death.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kinda curious which study you're referencing as the topic is Moderna being better than Pfizer. Which again, hasn't been peer reviewed.

If you're specifically talking about Moderna and Pfizer not being as good against delta....there's conflicting reports about that. And what constitutes "good", as in infection vs more severe things like hospitalization and/or death.

Fred.

At least you know its conflicting reports out.. And im not big on peer reviewed stuff because some people roll with WHO and others CDC.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
At least you know its conflicting reports out.. And im not big on peer reviewed stuff because some people roll with WHO and others CDC.

Well generally speaking peer reviewed is better than not because you (if you were a scientist I mean) can choose to research anything. As long as you have funding.

And post the info online. Which the media then runs with before other people (the peer review) gets a chance to see if what you said is right or wrong.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well generally speaking peer reviewed is better than not because you (if you were a scientist I mean) can choose to research anything. As long as you have funding.

And post the info online. Which the media then runs with before other people (the peer review) gets a chance to see if what you said is right or wrong.

Fred.

Who are the peers?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any scientist that is in the same field.

Literally their "peers".

Fred.

So anyone with the time can research who is finding the people doing the peer reviews and come to an conclusion.. Thats what we do here with the people who fund the violence prevention programs, and the studies on whether crime is getting better or worse.. They usually have common interests..

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Non-peer reviewed pre-print. :unimpressed:

How did this thread go so many pages?

Fred.
: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios
Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So anyone with the time can research who is finding the people doing the peer reviews and come to an conclusion.. Thats what we do here with the people who fund the violence prevention programs, and the studies on whether crime is getting better or worse.. They usually have common interests..

Not sure what you mean.

Let's say your field is biochemistry, and you submit a research paper to....I dunno, Biochemistry Monthly Magazine.

Before they'd officially run it, they'd have other biochemists review your info.

What this thread did, is take the research paper and skip the review part.

Also, people need to realize any non-peer reviewed info literally says it's not for the public and/or meant to be used in any official capacity.

: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios
Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective

My guy, click on the link to the actual study.

Comparison of two highly-effective mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 during periods of Alpha and Delta variant prevalence

It literally says it's not peer reviewed at the top of the page.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what you mean.

Let's say your field is biochemistry, and you submit a research paper to....I dunno, Biochemistry Monthly Magazine.

Before they'd officially run it, they'd have other biochemists review your info.

What this thread did, is take the research paper and skip the review part.

Also, people need to realize any non-peer reviewed info literally says it's not for the public and/or meant to be used in any official capacity.

Fred.

Im just saying research where the funding comes from that backs the scientists that makes up the peer reviewed community.. You may find something in common.. Like Phillip Morris running anti-smoking campaigns for instance..