Petty Lives Matter: IS the Woman wrong in this situation?

Beedad

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey, Trapped in the 90's
Kids need gifts man :ohhh:

Its the dudes fault for handing over $500....he made a class A simp mistake :mjgrin:

Should have brought the gifts for his seed then had his child come over on Christmas and open them at his place. :leostare:
*Ding ding ding ding*

I will add this.... If he wanted to look out for the other kids, he could've picked up a few cheap gifts just to be on the holiday spirit.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
If I give my baby mom $500 for christmas gifts for MY kid, then its only for MY kid. Heart goes out to the other kids, but they are not my responsibility
Logical answer

Those kids aint his responsibility

Although he shouldve just went shopping for his own child and this wouldve never happened

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The father wouldn't be wrong for getting angry, those kids aren't his responsibility after all. I on the other hand wouldn't mind, honestly I'd probably those kids a gift or two myself, and it's not because I'm trying to simp, I'd do it because
a)I know my kid would want to see his siblings happy
b) I wouldn't want to foster any jealousy between the children,
c) it because it sucks to see kids go without, especially kids who you're probably seeing somewhat often when you go to visit your kid.

Oh, and because it takes a village and allathat.

Daps
It's all about perspective.

From the mom's perspective, she's a bad mom if she spends $500 on one of her kids whilst the other two are left empty handed on Christmas morning. Doesn't matter how she got that money, to spend it on just one of her kids would be foul.

From the dad's perspective, if I give you money for my child, it best be spent on my child. I don't care about any sob stories you may have about your other kids or any other dire issues that come up in your life. If I can't trust you to spend money I give to you that's earmarked for my child on my child then I'll never give you money for my child again. I'll handle things directly.

From my perspective, as an unbiased 3rd party: Well, this really ain't none of my business tho.
imdhAGj.jpg

badhat

Pro
Daps
Consider this scenario: I've got a kid with a woman, she has two others that aren't mine.

I'm ready to hit the checkout button on my son's presents, but get the news that his siblings' dads are dropping the ball. I feel for them, but I don't want to be known as the guy that drops hundreds of dollars on kids that aren't mine.

So I just write a check for more than I'd spend on just my son, and drop it off. I know she'll split it up, and I've done the right thing, while retaining my credibility.

Christmas is saved.