Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Seems like Common's website was updated but I saw earlier he'll be hittin up Atlanta in September, I'm definitely going to that joint.

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grown man hip hop. What an album made from 2 veterans should sound like in 2024. Common never lost a step after all these years, it’s wonderful to listen to, kinda album I needed right now, kinda album the world needed imo :blessed:

Edit : cop the physical and support real music

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fux with Pete Rock, but it was him in interviews that started the whole "IWW is a pop record" bullshyt 28 years ago. He was mad cuz he didn't have placements on the album and stated something like that in an interview. I never saw IWW as a pop record, but a lot of people ran with that bs statement.
I think it’s a personality situation

Pete seems like a a$$hole

Same with 9th wonder

It’s the only reason I can think of why nas don’t go to them for beats

Because damn with what Pete been doing since illmatic

Nas could have had way more classics with some of those beats

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete Rock truly one of the GOATs
He might be an a$$hole on social media with his tinfoil hat shyt or maybe even in real life he’s an a$$hole I don’t know.
But one thing we do know is PR makes beautiful beats, the layers are :ohlawd:
There’s a reason Dilla looked up to this man and to see him making beats at this level still is incredible.

I also love the signature Pete Rock 30 second outros he blessed us with on most of these tracks. Brings me back to when I’d listen to any PR and CL album and even when you know the verses are done and song is coming to a close, you don’t skip to the next track. You let that shyt ride out bc you know you might get blessed with a dope beat and you don’t want to miss it. Then some 30 second outro comes on that you wish lasted 3 minutes so you and your boys can freestyle over it :wow:
It’s a album out there with flee lord that says produced by Pete rock

But to me it seems like Pete gave him some beats some throw aways

Pete voice not on it

I was super excited for it then

:dahell:

I’m a Pete rock fan for real so hearing the other stuff he did had me like wtf for this one

I’m loving this common and Pete album