Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
If that recent Nas single was any indication, he won't. :wow:

Nas probably looking at Premo like Bron did Wade

DViDY-YW4AAHhP5

Get Pete on the phone ASAP Esco...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete Rock will never fall off. Common did his thing.

I wish there were a few more features though. Would have been nice to have Mos, Kweli, and Thought on here. Maybe they'll show up on Vol. 2. Pos one of my favorites and had my favorite verse on the album.

Only song I don't like is Wise Up.

Nxworries still AOTY.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas probably looking at Premo like Bron did Wade

DViDY-YW4AAHhP5

Get Pete on the phone ASAP Esco...

I truly think Nas don’t like Pete as an individual. He went ten years without speaking to him while Pete complained about it then he works with him on Lost Tapes 2 only for Pete to try to besmirch his name over some Illmatic royalties that Nas wouldn’t have had anything to do with. Then he talked slick shyt about the Hit-Boy run then cried like a baby when Nas threw a little shot back on KD3.

Nas and Pete Rock are like oil and water. They just not meant for any long term partnership whereas Nas and Premier are legit friends and Premier has NEVER acted like he was entitled to work with Nas just because they made classics 30 years ago the way Pete does.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I truly think Nas don’t like Pete as an individual. He went ten years without speaking to him while Pete complained about it then he works with him on Lost Tapes 2 only for Pete to try to besmirch his name over some Illmatic royalties that Nas wouldn’t have had anything to do with. Then he talked slick shyt about the Hit-Boy run then cried like a baby when Nas threw a little shot back on KD3.

Nas and Pete Rock are like oil and water. They just not meant for any long term partnership whereas Nas and Premier are legit friends and Premier has NEVER acted like he was entitled to work with Nas just because they made classics 30 years ago the way Pete does.

Nas and Pete were together in the studio like a month ago.

Not sure what the schedule looks like for the Primo project, but all the issues with Nas and Pete were chalked up to middlemen passing messages back and forth and instigating sh*t. Those two are good now. All the weirdness is squashed.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Nas and Pete gotta put that silly stuff behind them. nobody got shot, so it can be peaced up.

Listen to beats like 'This Man' and 'Now and Then'....that production is perfect for Nas :wow: Put em in a room with Farrakhan and let's get that album!!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas and Pete were together in the studio like a month ago.

Not sure what the schedule looks like for the Primo project, but all the issues with Nas and Pete were chalked up to middlemen passing messages back and forth and instigating sh*t. Those two are good now. All the weirdness is squashed.

It was middlemen who had Pete Rock throwing shade at the Hit Boy era on twitter?

It was middlemen who had Pete Rock doing interviews with Rolling Stone talking about Nas was responsible for getting him performance royalties on Illmatic when Nas doesn’t own the Masters?

Nah Pete was on some bullshyt and Nas may forgive but history has shown he don’t fukk with people who play with his name publicly. I doubt they ever work together again.

And Nas and Premo’s album is scheduled for some point this year. So its definitely coming, probably closer to Winter since Nas is on tour until November.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
It was middlemen who had Pete Rock throwing shade at the Hit Boy era on twitter?

It was middlemen who had Pete Rock doing interviews with Rolling Stone talking about Nas was responsible for getting him performance royalties on Illmatic when Nas doesn’t own the Masters?

Nah Pete was on some bullshyt and Nas may forgive but history has shown he don’t fukk with people who play with his name publicly. I doubt they ever work together again.

And Nas and Premo’s album is scheduled for some point this year. So its definitely coming, probably closer to Winter since Nas is on tour until November.

Nah.

People in between the both of them saying one person said that the other person said this and that, led to them having problems. Like the lie about Pete suing Nas. That wasn't true either. But when Nas and Pete connected, they could see that a lot of the issues were based on people spreading lies and rumors and saying they said things they didn't even say. They needed to speak directly. That happens.

These are legends and grown men. They just needed to speak in person and squash that. Which they did. Nas said Pete needed to be there for the Illmatic anniversary recently because it's not the same album without him. Which is true. So they chilled then and after and it's all love and respect now. Then they met up again at the studio a few weeks ago. So music is coming. Which is what we all want from these two GOAT's. No one needs to focus on anything but the music.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Nah.

People in between the both of them saying one person said that the other person said this and that, led to them having problems. Like the lie about Pete suing Nas. That wasn't true either. But when Nas and Pete connected, they could see that a lot of the issues were based on people spreading lies and rumors and saying they said things they didn't even say. They needed to speak directly. That happens.

These are legends and grown men. They just needed to speak in person and squash that. Which they did. Nas said Pete needed to be there for the Illmatic anniversary recently because it's not the same album without him. Which is true. So they chilled then and after and it's all love and respect now. Then they met up again at the studio a few weeks ago. So music is coming. Which is what we all want from these two GOAT's. No one needs to focus on anything but the music.
How do you know all that ?
You wondered if Nas scrapped the Primo project in another post, is there an issue there ?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

I fux with Pete Rock, but it was him in interviews that started the whole "IWW is a pop record" bullshyt 28 years ago. He was mad cuz he didn't have placements on the album and stated something like that in an interview. I never saw IWW as a pop record, but a lot of people ran with that bs statement.