Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
YOOOOO I'm half way thru this......

200w.gif

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YOOOOO I'm half way thru this......

200w.gif
More producers need to take notes form PR. Even thing doesn't have to be a monotone piano
It’s a album out there with flee lord that says produced by Pete rock

But to me it seems like Pete gave him some beats some throw aways

Pete voice not on it

I was super excited for it then

:dahell:

I’m a Pete rock fan for real so hearing the other stuff he did had me like wtf for this one

I’m loving this common and Pete album

This was back when PR was doing 500 per beat on social media. I'm assuming that was from the smoke dza benny connection.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I truly think Nas don’t like Pete as an individual. He went ten years without speaking to him while Pete complained about it then he works with him on Lost Tapes 2 only for Pete to try to besmirch his name over some Illmatic royalties that Nas wouldn’t have had anything to do with. Then he talked slick shyt about the Hit-Boy run then cried like a baby when Nas threw a little shot back on KD3.

Nas and Pete Rock are like oil and water. They just not meant for any long term partnership whereas Nas and Premier are legit friends and Premier has NEVER acted like he was entitled to work with Nas just because they made classics 30 years ago the way Pete does.
Don't forget Pete dissing it was written. He has consistently been a hater towards Nas whenever he isn't invited to contribute.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aye wait a minute man. This shyt ….this shyt feels like Be/Finding Forever :picard: I was NOT expecting this.

Shame on me for doubting them, but man off 1.5 listens this shyt is incredible.
Common said going back home for non business reasons and was able to kick it in Chicago with his family and friends and just be around inspired him to wire this album :wow:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I'm happy for Pete. Cause honestly he really needed someone like Common, to help him tap back into Unreleased Ini Pete Rock mode. That Pete is magical.

He said he's still making beats everyday.

But with this project, the two of them were in the studio together. Pete said having Common with him makes all the difference in the world. He's used to sitting and creating with people in person. Like he did for all his classics. So I think when he's not just sending beats to people, he gets way deeper in that bag of beats! I don’t want to be that guy, but I told dudes on here this album was gonna be CRAZY! LOL!!

You can't lose when Pete is being Soul Brother No.1 again.