Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
It should be eliminated, it's another liberal idea that black people have been bamboozled into thinking is their best bet for economic development, it's just scraps of the table that are not even worth fighting for

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
It's not perfect, but it's needed.

To all you dudes in here complaining and pointing out that white woman stat. Your black ass or your parents probably wouldn't have a job without it, so quit complaining.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think the stat was mentioned to point out the hypocrisy of people who are so against the policy. Within the last few years, there have been a few major cases where white women have challenged affirmative action in court (and calling its future into questions) when they are the main beneficiaries. They have made it because of the policy and now they want to get rid of it when other people may still need the policy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can't speak for everyone, but I think the stat was mentioned to point out the hypocrisy of people who are so against the policy. Within the last few years, there have been a few major cases where white women have challenged affirmative action in court (and calling its future into questions) when they are the main beneficiaries. They have made it because of the policy and now they want to get rid of it when other people may still need the policy.

I think it's just as hypocritical to point out that stat as proof that affirmative action doesn't work. Cause in reality without affirmative action, old white men(most business owners) would only hire other old white men. Yeah some groups are worse off than others but affirmative action works for everybody.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
In a proper world, where african americans controlled their own destiny, we could care less about affirmative action, because we'd be creating jobs for our people as well as hiring the most competitive applicants regardless of race. We wouldn't have to beg white folks to accept us.

It's just like the bus boycotts and sit-ins. It was bullshyt because we should have started our own bus companies and businesses and been inclusive and we'd have an economic\mercantile foot-hold in certain areas.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I think it's just as hypocritical to point out that stat as proof that affirmative action doesn't work. Cause in reality without affirmative action, old white men(most business owners) would only hire other old white men. Yeah some groups are worse off than others but affirmative action works for everybody.

Like I said, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't recall anyone saying or implying that affirmative action doesn't work just because white women benefit the most from it. For me that stat is saying that people who are benefiting from it should stop trying to get rid of it (because that is hypocritical to pretend like you got where you are by pulling yourself up by your bootstraps when you affirmative action helps you too).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In a proper world, where african americans controlled their own destiny, we could care less about affirmative action, because we'd be creating jobs for our people as well as hiring the most competitive applicants regardless of race. We wouldn't have to beg white folks to accept us.

It's just like the bus boycotts and sit-ins. It was bullshyt because we should have started our own bus companies and businesses and been inclusive and we'd have an economic\mercantile foot-hold in certain areas.

Can't start our own businesses without money and education. In America,white men have money and education on lock, so any way you look at it we have to go through them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like I said, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't recall anyone saying or implying that affirmative action doesn't work just because white women benefit the most from it. For me that stat is saying that people who are benefiting from it should stop trying to get rid of it (because that is hypocritical to pretend like you got where you are by pulling yourself up by your bootstraps when you affirmative action helps you too).

I agree with you but, honestly you are the first person I've heard on this site take this stance. Whenever ive seen someone bring it up, it's to discredit the usefulness of affirmative action for blacks.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I agree with you but, honestly you are the first person I've heard on this site take this stance. Whenever ive seen someone bring it up, it's to discredit the usefulness of affirmative action for blacks.

oh okay. I am just starting to venture into higher learning so I don't know the history of this topic. I agree that affirmative action has helped everyone who's not a white man.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Even though I am often negatively affected by it (asian american), I support it. You should see case studies of people applying to jobs with 'foreign names' and 'white names' and then you'll immediately understand. People think we should move it to economic affirmative action and I agree to an extent because lets be real, affirmative action pisses the majority (cacs) off and drives more ground between them and minorities, but the facts still stand that minorities are at distinct disadvantages when applying for jobs and higher education regardless of race correlation so i support it

:yeshrug:
c/s this whole post.

My stance on politics resembles this train of thought...

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
c/s this whole post.

My stance on politics resembles this train of thought...

jbyc8iqnA7nHsz_e.jpg

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lets be reality we need to send easu back to depth of the earth

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Its fascinating how the anti-AA types always manage to abstract the 400 years of white male advantaging, that forced us as a society to arrive at this point. Where they do that at? One only needs to look at the economic distribution between whites and blacks to put a period on the sentence of an AA debate.

That said, let me try and add another dimension to the discussion. Because of our overall economic distribution trends of the last 30 or so years, where wealth has concentrated at the top and constricted for the population at large, white privilege carries far less social and economic capital than it did, say, even, 15 years ago. As a country we now have roughly 80% of the population fighting for less than 25% of the wealth. Like mos def said, its simple mathematics, and it adds up to a whole lot of folks being left a$$ out.

So for a lot of cats, no matter how well-intentioned, white privilege naturally falls on deaf ears. But therein lies the rub --- while the 1% gave marching orders to the middle class to wage war on AA, religion, unions, regulation, etc they used that misdirection to extract our wealth and refashion our set of principles and ideas. Our current socio-political environment is the result of that work.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I don't know... personally I feel like, I would NEVER wanna work for somebody that hates or tries to discriminate against me. why would I make YOU money??? :rudy: i'd rather go somewhere else and put someone that wants me on but, I know it can't work like that, especially for society at large, soooooo... :yeshrug: what can you do? some cacs are always gon cac. is just say if you don't have to, don't put up with no bullshyt :usure: