Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
perosna is about the rebellious teenage spirit.

aka the trope of coming together to kill god with the power of friendship and adults suck so lets kill them too.
18-21 is still young but more relatable to the 18+ audience.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona is a coming of age story. If the protagonists were totally grown it would shatter what the game series is.

As much as Trails of Cold Steel is clearly influenced by Persona maybe Atlus should look at them because they found a way to tell their story with a bulk of the main characters becoming 21+ although they did start out as teens.

One of my favorite anime series Golden Time found a way to tell a coming of age story in early college.

Early college years can somewhat be treated like they do high school settings. The characters will have to be slightly more mature but adults play these games. We don't need high school protagonists.
I think since this is a Japanese game, high school life is such a integral part of their media they can't make a Persona that doesn't have to deal with school. I think that's why they have the SMT series for. SMT is basically what the game would be like without focusing on school.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think since this is a Japanese game, high school life is such a integral part of their media they can't make a Persona that doesn't have to deal with school. I think that's why they have the SMT series for. SMT is basically what the game would be like without focusing on school.
I think we've reached the point where Persona sells more outside of Japan than inside it. It's not unprecedented to have JRPGs have western influence. The Final Fantasy mainline series has become more and more western influenced. Atlus can afford to tone down some of the otaku pandering and challenge themselves to evolve the series.

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think we've reached the point where Persona sells more outside of Japan than inside it. It's not unprecedented to have JRPGs have western influence. The Final Fantasy mainline series has become more and more western influenced. Atlus can afford to tone down some of the otaku pandering and challenge themselves to evolve the series.

The first couple games were like adults right? So its not like it can't be done. Granted the popularity has gone up based on 3, 4 and 5.

Plus it makes some of the social links less awkward(teacher having a relationship with a student).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They went too far. The way she post her ass in the air when she takes an ice attack and the titty jiggle on the showtime attack with Mona. Ann is beyond sexualized in this game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok I'm at the boss of the 5th palace and I played the original game. I don't remember it being this difficult. There's multiple rounds of 4 enemies and you have to kill them all in 3 turns or less. The boss fight also has a 30 minute time limit.

You know all their weaknesses but you can't use the all out attack and the boss will stand behind them and defensive buffer one. If you don't kill them in the 3 turns one of them will kamikaze and the other 3 will run away. If any of them run away the whole thing loops back and you have to do 4 more of the same.

The first 2 groups are fine but the 3 I catch hell on and the 4th are borderline impossible for me to down in the turns. I'm gonna have to redesign my characters load outs and my main character specifically for this boss.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Ok I'm at the boss of the 5th palace and I played the original game. I don't remember it being this difficult. There's multiple rounds of 4 enemies and you have to kill them all in 3 turns or less. The boss fight also has a 30 minute time limit.

You know all their weaknesses but you can't use the all out attack and the boss will stand behind them and defensive buffer one. If you don't kill them in the 3 turns one of them will kamikaze and the other 3 will run away. If any of them run away the whole thing loops back and you have to do 4 more of the same.

The first 2 groups are fine but the 3 I catch hell on and the 4th are borderline impossible for me to down in the turns. I'm gonna have to redesign my characters load outs and my main character specifically for this boss.

Need defuffs and items that can hit the weakness so you can baton pass and shyt. That one took me a while too lol

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
Should I cop this shyt or nah? Ran out of PS4 games to play, never been into JRPGs like that, but the reviews for this joint are crazy :whoo:

Need some Coli experts opinion before I decide

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Need defuffs and items that can hit the weakness so you can baton pass and shyt. That one took me a while too lol
Yeah luckily I one shot the palace in a day and have 16 days remaining in the month so I can take a few to sort out a better party.
Should I cop this shyt or nah? Ran out of PS4 games to play, never been into JRPGs like that, but the reviews for this joint are crazy :whoo:

You should have got this on bf sales when it was $20. That's the only reason I'm even playing it now.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

If you aren't into JRPGs you may not like this. It'a definitely worth the money though as far as how much game you get for your money. Hell if you could get this for $30 that's the best deal ever.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you aren't into JRPGs you may not like this. It'a definitely worth the money though as far as how much game you get for your money. Hell if you could get this for $30 that's the best deal ever.
There’s a case to be made that this is a very narrative heavy game. If you don’t buy into the narrative of it then it’s a 100+ hour game that’s gonna be boring. I also feel like at least until Makoto joins it’s kinda slow goings. Really once Futaba joins the game gets pretty good but that’s damn near 50 hours into it.

The climax of vanilla P5 went completely off the rails and wasn’t as good as the main meat of the game. The story tried to do too much. Can’t really comment on the Royal end game but I’m hoping it makes up for that.

Overall I’m enjoying it but I can see why people wouldn’t like this. I’m at the 70 hour mark and I have at 2 palaces, the vanilla P5 endgame, then the third semester left.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps

Def cop. P5 was worth the ps4 for me and this is even better.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There’s a case to be made that this is a very narrative heavy game. If you don’t buy into the narrative of it then it’s a 100+ hour game that’s gonna be boring. I also feel like at least until Makoto joins it’s kinda slow goings. Really once Futaba joins the game gets pretty good but that’s damn near 50 hours into it.

The climax of vanilla P5 went completely off the rails and wasn’t as good as the main meat of the game. The story tried to do too much. Can’t really comment on the Royal end game but I’m hoping it makes up for that.

Overall I’m enjoying it but I can see why people wouldn’t like this. I’m at the 70 hour mark and I have at 2 palaces, the vanilla P5 endgame, then the third semester left.

The Royal end is definitely better as far as narrative speaking goes. Some may feel the boss fight isn't quite as epic, all things considered, but if was a good challenge to m. I was playing on the hardest setting.