Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
*There's NO SPOILERS in this post*

I beat Persona 4 early 2018, and it's probably in my top 5 games i've ever played. And i played it 10 years/2 gens late. That's how great that game is. I started Persona 5 Royal (never played the vanilla version) on Merciless difficulty in late June. Got like 45 minutes in, then put it down. I was lowkey not feeling it (i wasn't struggling btw, P4 made me a Persona veteran).

I didn't like the UI at first (it's the GOAT to me now, idk it just clicked with me after a while). I thought there was too much going on with the games art direction etc. I didn't REALLY give it a chance, and started playing it until late August, maybe early September. I loved Kamashida's Palace (probably in my top 3 favorite palace list in this game). I think i binged played ten straight hours one day on that one palace/section of the game no cap. The second palace was just ok to me. Still fun nonetheless.

The third palace was great. The story, team, and characters overall started to get a little more interesting. I'd say around this time. Things began to pickup, and i became more invested into the game. Around the fourth palace is a very high point of the game to me. I REALLY was into the story, characters, and just the game in general then. Super fun time in, and around the fourth palace (top 3 palace).

I hated the fifth palace. I was so relieved when it was over. It made me so mad how long, and drawn out that palace was. I got tired of looking at it. Looking back it doesn't seem so bad. But in real-time i absolutely wanted to dropkick the developers who coded that palace one by one lol. I think it's one of those palaces that's fun to watch someone play, and complain about. Not play yourself.

I'd argue that in, and around Palace six is the peak of the game. The story is at it's best/climax at this point. The palace itself is amazing from the design, to the puzzles, and challenges thrown at you (top 3 palace). I was on the boss fight on Halloween night (irl). Which is around the same time in the game. Now usually i'd throw on a few horror movies in tradition. This year, i had myself some candy, in my bed, playing possibly the game of the generation. Felt like a young bull again:wow:

After palace six the game took a more serious turn/tone. I liked the remaining palaces. It's just i felt there were a few times the game could have been wrapped up, or at least shortened (cut some material out the game to be more time efficient) but it kind of overstayed it's welcome. Don't get it twisted i still loved the game. Palace seven (yacht) was awesome. Palace eight was ok (not the worst palace), and the Mementos was a great addition to the series. I got the true ending my first try, no cheating, looking up guides (i did reddit two op bosses, but it didn't help at all), or anything.

As i was with P4. I was sad when i beat the game Wednesday night. 125 hours Merciless Completed. All long exciting journeys must come to an end at some point. P4 may edge out P5 but not by much. P5 Is a more polished, and refined P4. P5R is either my GOTG, or it's a close 2nd. I rate it a 9.5. out of 10.

And to think i wasn't really feeling it at first. Classic:wow:Can't wait for P6. I'm actually kind of speed running a NG+. I missed maxing out a certain confidant that adds an extra semester, and palace to the game. I need that for the platinum. I got 90% of the trophies so why not.:manny:

Oh, and btw the soundtrack will forever be in my rotation. I LOVE THIS SONG in the timestamped video. BEAUTIFUL, SOULFUL, GROOVY DISCO VIBES:

I wish i could go back to when i first heard this song, and played that palace. I was like :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron:

If you haven't played this game yet. Please do. You can get lost in it's world there's so much to do in this game. With everything that's going on in the world right now irl. It's the perfect game to play to "escape". So much fun being a Phantom thief.:lawd:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
MVP:lawd:(Futaba, Ryuji, Makoto, and Ann as well) Morgana is Lisa Kudrow's little sister:leon::troll:

:russ:

She's on the path to becoming Troy Baker / Laura Bailey famous and leaving all these anime style games behind. If it keeps up she's gonna be out of their budget like Troy is. I first noticed her in Tales of Grace's as Sophie. She's pretty good but she's kinda like Troy where when they have her do a character it's mostly a default voice.

Erika Harlacher who plays Ann in Persona 5 might have next. She did a great job recently in Cold Steel III and IV as Juna.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Still need to finish the third semester. Ive been on Trails of Cold Steel 4 pushing through that.