Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:noah:

Atlus bless us with a SMT V or another spin off with this engine. shyt is a beauty. Play this shyt on a TV with good motion smoothing and it looks really smooth in motion. I love the UI. Everything being a button pres away makes blitzing through menus in a battle, selecting items a breeze and it looks good. Just selecting stuff is enjoyable. The added elements and other battle quirks(baton touch, begging for mercy, demon negotiations etc) make this shyt a joy to fight and 83 hours in so far and I'm not tired of the all out attacks or post battle cues.

There's other cool shyt that go down in major boss fights.

I want to fight enemies(granted they're not low level which is too easy mainly in the side dungeon from what I've seen). :ohlawd: This dungeon's music though is :ohlawd: This dude Meguro is a animal with the beat :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To the brehs that already have it how are the sidequest and what party setups are y'all using?
Not many people have it since I'm playing the Japanese import. Game comes out APRIL 4th.

Now that you mention it, I haven't actually checked out too many "sidequests" per se. The way it is now is there are organic, pre designed dungeons with their own layout/theme and enemies. The dungeons are no longer randomized layouts with multiple floors with a boss at the top, they're completely unique.

There's a side dungeon that's like Tartarus from Persona 3 where there's multiple floors/areas to descend into. This dungeon is mainly for side quests that involve you getting some info on some side event and then you go through floors/enemies and usually fight a boss like character when you meet them. it's mainly for the days when you don't have a dungeon to go to as in this game the dungeons aren't replayable when you complete them(story reason.)

Party setup wise it's nothing too complicated. I tend to just switch to a person that isn't weak to a particular enemy attack type once I get the feel for the enemies in the dungeon. There's a few new elements(ranged attacks, Psychic, Nuclear and a some new attacks for Curse.) The UI may look fast and hectic but I know what I'm choosing already and the new UI for battle makes everything quickly accessible.

No time wasting shuffling through archaic menus.

There's also new things such as a baton touch which you unlock as you rank up for specific party members confidants level(social links.)

This raises the person you "touch" Attack and Accuracy which can deal critical strikes. Enemies can also beg for mercy if their allies die or if they're bytch nikkas. You can either take money, items or let them go. If you down all enemies or w/e, you can negotiate with them to have them join you(they ask you questions and other things to see if you a real nikka), or just all out attack them.

Sometimes if you're too weak they'll just laugh and give you a potion or other small shyt and just dip.

The Confidants(Social links) system is better than 4's social links because it's not just leveling up for Persona fusion boosts, you can also get tangible benefits like discounts from a specific seller, battle/status assists and you can do social links at night too.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yo the 4th dungeon in this game is fukking CRAAAAAZY :wow:

The way the dungeon progresses changes things up from the first few in a way that catches you in a :leon: way that's a nice little touch.

The game just cranks up to 11 on some :banderas: shyt.

I mean the way this game is when you're close to finishing a dungeon is hype as fukk but this dungeon specifically is just amazing in it's own way with the way it ties into the narrative at that point.

The fukking climax and build up towards the end of this dungeon just goes to 100!. It's like most end of game type stuff. Not to mention it looks frigging smooth with the motion interpolation on my tv e.g. the feel of 60fps.

Music that just keeps on getting :ohlawd:, beautiful in engine cutscenes, moments of :mjcry:, words that evoke :mjcry: emotions and then the

:pachaha: comic relief to make you not look like a complete bytch.

perfect music/battle synchronization :ohlawd: . The music composer Shoji Meguro is fukking something else man the music in this game is fan fukking tastic. I repeat the music is fukking blissful.

Last edited: