Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. Game hasn't grabbed me quite yet. The first few hours were a chore. I am starting to warm up to the characters though. Enjoying the banter and such

Not sure what to make of the velvet room and weird old dude and his harem of bytches yet
Velvet room is pretty much game mechanic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah. Game hasn't grabbed me quite yet. The first few hours were a chore. I am starting to warm up to the characters though. Enjoying the banter and such

Not sure what to make of the velvet room and weird old dude and his harem of bytches yet
Your feelings on Persona 4 will be mostly based on how you receive the cast. If they grab you then you'll like it but if they don't then there isn't much left to like.

The turned based gameplay was alright to me. I dealt with many of the social links because it was part of powering up my character. My least favorite aspects of Persona are the visual novel like aspects.

I know you said you're gonna get Trails of Cold Steel because it's on sale. That game was heavily influenced by Persona 3 & 4. Trails is a bit more plot heavy and focused on the life of a student of a military academy and world building. Persona is much more focused on the main characters without much world building. The social links in Trails you can only do with your party members and it develops their characters. In Persona there are many other social links and most of the non-party ones. The old school house in Trails is like a smaller Tartarus from Persona 3.

Looking at Persona 5 I get the sense it's gonna be more plot heavy than Persona 4 was. The good thing about Persona is the stories are mostly unrelated. You can jump in anywhere and the stories stand alone.

If you play Trails of Cold Steel then you decide to go back and play Trails in the Sky you'll know a couple key plot points and things about certain characters upfront that you would have to figure out on your own if you play Trails in the Sky before Cold Steel. It's nothing game breaking but it would definitely change your perspective on a certain major character. It will also effect the big plot twist at the end of the first Trails in the Sky game. You might not see it coming but when it happens you'll realize you already know about it because of a plot twist at the end of Cold Steel.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps

Oh my GAWD this game brehs

the UI is so clean:noah:

every thing is so stylish:wow:

P5 mc giving nikkas that work:ohhh:

And most of all it doesn't take 3 hours for shyt to get poppin :blessed:

*sigh* February 14 tho:mjcry: why you had to do us like this atlus:damn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So I watched a recent video and actual gameplay looks trash. It looks like it would be a good anime, but the gameplay sections looked boring and rudimentary as fukk. Can't believe y'all were talking bad about FFXV then hyping this up. Gameplay legit looks like a PSP game :huhldup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I watched a recent video and actual gameplay looks trash. It looks like it would be a good anime, but the gameplay sections looked boring and rudimentary as fukk. Can't believe y'all were talking bad about FFXV then hyping this up. Gameplay legit looks like a PSP game :huhldup:
Yup, sounds like an amazing game. :obama:

Persona/SMT games always delivered tried and true classic turn based gameplay that harkens back to the good ole PS2 days. :wow: