Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fZr6xdu_d.jpg

tenor.gif

At the art exhibit & I was actually getting into this. Knocked out the first palace ASAP & the game opened up. Now, I'm back to being told when to sleep and being funneled. I know the narrative has to proceed, but this shyt is getting dull. At what point am I remotely able to...you know, actually manage my time? I've seen it stated repeatedly that time management is of the essence in this one, and yet

"Let's not do that today!"

should be tag on this one. Why would I care about time management when its being managed for me 90% of the playtime? :huh:
You'll have time to do time management but you have to sleep first

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yeah Im about to toss this and eat the loss. After reading around, this game ain't it for me.

Peak of Morgana power so far? "You need to go straight to bed because you're having sushi tomorrow."

I'm in June and they still block you from doing jack shyt when it comes time for story moments, even when you don't go to a palace. The only open times seem to be when the palace opens, before the deadline is up.

Here it's like, you're meeting your friends tomorrow over summer, you don't have time to read a book. Oh yeah, and yet I do when I have school early the next morning?

Nobody minds that the story elements take precedence over game mechanics. What people are having a problem with is the illogical times it stops you from doing things.

Take exam week 1 for instance, each day you are force to go to sleep early, and each day you hear Ann and Ryuji say the studied all night (At least Ryuji tried) and all you did was Listen to your cat.

These kinds of railroading are nonsensical at best and really detract from the game. Not to mention they gave this job of stopping you from doing things to the cat that's suppose to be Loveable and cool but comes off more as this annoying nanny with repetitive responses.

Pretty much sums it up. Bought it on a whim because it was on sale so not much was lost. This just ain't the move. Glad for those who enjoyed it though but I'll just cut my loss and keep moving. Too many other games to play to force myself to keep pushing with one that isn't hitting.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Ok
Yeah Im about to toss this and eat the loss. After reading around, this game ain't it for me.

Pretty much sums it up. Bought it on a whim because it was on sale so not much was lost. This just ain't the move. Glad for those who enjoyed it though but I'll just cut my loss and keep moving. Too many other games to play to force myself to keep pushing with one that isn't hitting.
You can pretty much knock out a palace then do what you want if you can get some strong Personas. Half of the game is fukking around with fusions and shyt. There's also a Confidant that you can get that allows more time to do things. But hopefully they work on the sleep mechanic for Royal cause it can still be annoying.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'd suggest playing Persona 4 Golden if possible first.

I don't know if I would consider Persona 5 a good entry point to the series. Persona 5 is really for the hardcore series fan. It's a excessively long game. It doesn't really do anything amazing with that length. This is the kinda game a casual series fan would pick up and play for less than half the full length of the game and probably end up putting it down and never returning to it. The game is easily 120+ hours on a normal playthrough. That's a huge investment for someone not sold on what they're getting into.

Of the modern games in the series 3, 4, and 5 I'd say 5 is my least favorite. It was one of those games that when I beat it I thought "ya know I really enjoyed my time with this overall but I don't know if I'll ever play this again."

Lastly and this is completely subjective but I didn't like the direction the plot went in. I especially disliked the direction it went in for the final dungeon. I feel like the game was way better when it wasn't trying so hard to be so provocative in terms of social commentary. When it was just the phantom thieves stealing hearts it was a better game but then it became about something more and suffered for it.

If I would recommend a Persona game, it would be definitely be this one. 3 has a better story, but those mechanics ain't helping no casual out. 4 improved on those mechanics a bit, but that game is snoozeville 7 hours in.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
But hopefully they work on the sleep mechanic for Royal cause it can still be annoying.

go to class

take a test

get out of class

buy a soda out a vending machine next to the sauna.....

Morgana: "Aren't you tired? Lets call it a day and get some sleep. :umad:"

you: :gucci:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If I would recommend a Persona game, it would be definitely be this one. 3 has a better story, but those mechanics ain't helping no casual out. 4 improved on those mechanics a bit, but that game is snoozeville 7 hours in.
If you're just entering the series you have nothing to compare the mechanics to.

Persona 4's level of enjoyment relies on how well the cast clicks with you. It does start slow but it picks up.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's :trash: They'll do the Royal anime version next year like they did with Persona 4 Golden and it'll be budget :trash: only okay adaptions are the Persona 3 movies cause of the bigger budget, unless you wanna include the original Persona 4 anime for the comedic fukkery:pachaha:

Anime Yu> Anime Ren/Joker :francis:
P4 anime wasn't bad though.