Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Finally starting my second run back for this game

Man its gonna be weird playing this joint without being a minor. Imma have to reevaluate how I treat Futaba chan :lolbron::mjlol:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Gave p5 80 hours of my life. As dope as this is im really not looking forward to playing that game over again. Probably gonna pass. Too many other games to play.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Never played any persona game , but reading how
people be giving it 100's of hours ...ill jump in with Royal.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
anybody keep on watching the show? I just kinda forgot about it :dead:
It's :trash: They'll do the Royal anime version next year like they did with Persona 4 Golden and it'll be budget :trash: only okay adaptions are the Persona 3 movies cause of the bigger budget, unless you wanna include the original Persona 4 anime for the comedic fukkery:pachaha:

Anime Yu> Anime Ren/Joker :francis:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'll be honest, the game didn't really seem like it was something I'd be into, even after skimming a few gameplay vids over the years. I was especially disappointed that there wasn't character customization in the way of altering the protagonists physical appearance. Game is currently on sale for 13.99 (PS Plus.) Thought about it. Googled around. Even watched a few more videos, and the game seemed more interesting today for me than it did in 2016 when I actually checked for it, but I was still on the fence. And then I came across this....

You'll start playing it, you'll think it's...interesting and the social calendar system is a neat little wrinkle that you don't know if you like or not...You'll love the music and the eccentric cast of friends will start to grow on you after being annoyed with some of them at first...You'll sweat your first midterm exams and realize you should have been paying attention in class instead of just cheating with the Thief's Guild...You'll find yourself singing along to "Life Will Change"...You'll find yourself doing stupid shyt like eating pancakes at a maid cafe, trying to eat massive hamburgers, watching odd DVDs because you want to go do that one social thing but she says your charm just isn't good enough so you drop everything to get handsome and interesting...You'll start laughing out loud as you and your friends kick some grown up ass and crack wise in your sweet ass van while you go subway dungeon diving....You'll start to really care about that one girl and her life....You'll realize it's Christmas and everything is different...You'll be in denial that this is really the last day on the calendar...You'll look at your time played and see that you've put in 100 hours in a game that you don't even know when you ended up falling in love with it. But you did.

You'll never see it coming.

Dude deserves 20% commission, because that sold the game to me. :yeshrug: At 15$ (after tax) even if I dislike it, its not much money lost at all. Got it downloaded and installed and I'll be giving it a go tonight after the wife and kid go to sleep.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Never played any persona game , but reading how
people be giving it 100's of hours ...ill jump in with Royal.
I'd suggest playing Persona 4 Golden if possible first.

I don't know if I would consider Persona 5 a good entry point to the series. Persona 5 is really for the hardcore series fan. It's a excessively long game. It doesn't really do anything amazing with that length. This is the kinda game a casual series fan would pick up and play for less than half the full length of the game and probably end up putting it down and never returning to it. The game is easily 120+ hours on a normal playthrough. That's a huge investment for someone not sold on what they're getting into.

Of the modern games in the series 3, 4, and 5 I'd say 5 is my least favorite. It was one of those games that when I beat it I thought "ya know I really enjoyed my time with this overall but I don't know if I'll ever play this again."

Lastly and this is completely subjective but I didn't like the direction the plot went in. I especially disliked the direction it went in for the final dungeon. I feel like the game was way better when it wasn't trying so hard to be so provocative in terms of social commentary. When it was just the phantom thieves stealing hearts it was a better game but then it became about something more and suffered for it.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I'd suggest playing Persona 4 Golden if possible first.

I don't know if I would consider Persona 5 a good entry point to the series. Persona 5 is really for the hardcore series fan. It's a excessively long game. It doesn't really do anything amazing with that length. This is the kinda game a casual series fan would pick up and play for less than half the full length of the game and probably end up putting it down and never returning to it. The game is easily 120+ hours on a normal playthrough. That's a huge investment for someone not sold on what they're getting into.

Of the modern games in the series 3, 4, and 5 I'd say 5 is my least favorite. It was one of those games that when I beat it I thought "ya know I really enjoyed my time with this overall but I don't know if I'll ever play this again."

Lastly and this is completely subjective but I didn't like the direction the plot went in. I especially disliked the direction it went in for the final dungeon. I feel like the game was way better when it wasn't trying so hard to be so provocative in terms of social commentary. When it was just the phantom thieves stealing hearts it was a better game but then it became about something more and suffered for it.
I don't even play JRPGs so I'm causal as fukk but Persona 5 was heat rocks breh. The music and stylized battle system is something that most games aren't touching. There's no point in going back to play some Vita game if there's new heat on the horizon as good as that game might be to the fans of the series.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
fZr6xdu_d.jpg

tenor.gif

At the art exhibit & I was actually getting into this. Knocked out the first palace ASAP & the game opened up. Now, I'm back to being told when to sleep and being funneled. I know the narrative has to proceed, but this shyt is getting dull. At what point am I remotely able to...you know, actually manage my time? I've seen it stated repeatedly that time management is of the essence in this one, and yet

"Let's not do that today!"

should be tag on this one. Why would I care about time management when its being managed for me 90% of the playtime? :huh: