Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The final battle of Persona 4's final boss music was harder than this game's final boss track

Neither is seeing Persona 3's though

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 3 has two tracks that tease me. They start up sooo good and then it just turns to ehh..

Once duke start rappin :trash:

The first minute is :wow:. The rest not so much.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Reading these comments makes me feel like I might not be a big enough nerd to truly enjoy this game. I might have to prioritize Mass Effect and Nier over this. ( and holy crap I just remembered I never bother to buy The Last Guardian).

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading these comments makes me feel like I might not be a big enough nerd to truly enjoy this game. I might have to prioritize Mass Effect and Nier over this. ( and holy crap I just remembered I never bother to buy The Last Guardian).

...huh? Its just a really good turn-based JRPG breh. If you like turn-based JRPGs then you'll love this. I don't care about anime or waifus, it isn't instrumental to your enjoyment of this game.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
...huh? Its just a really good turn-based JRPG breh. If you like turn-based JRPGs then you'll love this. I don't care about anime or waifus, it isn't instrumental to your enjoyment of this game.
Actually, the anime aspect is one of the main reasons I enjoy the game

I don't care for turn based games or dungeon shyt but this is real cool and unique... Story is interesting as well

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
finally beat the first fortress last night after fvcking myself over multiple times ( :mjcry: ) and got 24 hours in total [I cheated on some of the quiz questions]

got to beating that first stalker and saved after that long ass time in between save periods.

any tips on what I should work on before going further? boosted my knowledge, guts and charm (level 2 I know for charm).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

My dude said "that anime ish is too nerdy for me...I'll stick to the Sci-Fi stuff."

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: it's a JRPG, not a deep dive into computer programming or physics.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
My dude said "that anime ish is too nerdy for me...I'll stick to the Sci-Fi stuff."

:what: it's a JRPG, not a deep dive into computer programming or physics.
I used nerd in an attempt to be polite as possible but ya'll only understand trash talk so I'll translate it in coli speak:
"Ya'll sound like a bunch of cornballs in here the way you talk about this game. I bet you're a bunch of woman-less virgins who rock those huge black pants with chains all over them and fish net tank tops and mascara on. I see persona and wonder if this is a game I should even bother with on a personal level."
That's my exaggerated coli response. But for real, like I told @Fatboi1 before, I don't know that the game overall is for me. P4G was a dungeon crawler where I found my self watching some high school blah blah blah that was crazy boring to me and in between I would go back to the same exact area to walk down the same exact hallways in a different layout. I need a game where I'm travelling a world map and doing different things a-la Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. Real rap, I WANT to like Persona because of how much praise it gets but each time I've tried the series I get bored with it. Trust, I'm gonna check P5 out, I'm just gonna do my standard skeptical complaining every second along the way until proven wrong.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used nerd in an attempt to be polite as possible but ya'll only understand trash talk so I'll translate it in coli speak:
"Ya'll sound like a bunch of cornballs in here the way you talk about this game. I bet you're a bunch of woman-less virgins who rock those huge black pants with chains all over them and fish net tank tops and mascara on. I see persona and wonder if this is a game I should even bother with on a personal level."
That's my exaggerated coli response. But for real, like I told @Fatboi1 before, I don't know that the game overall is for me. P4G was a dungeon crawler where I found my self watching some high school blah blah blah that was crazy boring to me and in between I would go back to the same exact area to walk down the same exact hallways in a different layout. I need a game where I'm travelling a world map and doing different things a-la Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. Real rap, I WANT to like Persona because of how much praise it gets but each time I've tried the series I get bored with it. Trust, I'm gonna check P5 out, I'm just gonna do my standard skeptical complaining every second along the way until proven wrong.
This isn't a world traveling rpg. It's set in modern day Tokyo and the "worlds" you explore are just an alternate world based on the general theme for that characters dungeon.

The real world setting takes place within the daily life of a transfer student who was on probation. Things happen, he meets other troubled people and y'all form a group to reform corrupt people's hearts.

The high school stuff that was crazy boring to you are still here but without going into specifics the mood and theme are much different so that happy sunshine look of 4 is replaced for a more startling, dark theme.

The main difference is how it's presented: in 4 the characters looked like kids because of the way the game was rendered whereas here they're true to form so it looks better. Each Persona game has a different style/mood so 3 was blue(edgy, abstract dark, slightly emo with a J rock/hiphop soundtrack) while 4 was yellow(upbeat, Pop soundtrack with more animu like protaganists) while 5 is Red(flashy,with stylish blacks and a more acid jazz soundtrack with some rock here and there.) This contributes to how someone vibes with the game too.

The dungeon crawling aspect is still here but instead of random hallways, they're actual handcrafted dungeons with its own layout, theme, doors, puzzles and bosses.

The QOL(quality of life) improvements are also a welcome addition. You'd have to have played 4 to notice.

The battle menu has been changed to quick button commands that make doing things much smoother. It also looks stylish as fukk. Interesting characters and dialogue, great story and amazing music with a Pokémon like meta game makes it easily a quality game. If that's not your thing then :manny: but the praise isn't by mere happenstance, it's got a gimmick that works.

Last edited: