Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
I've never played a JRPG where a standard non-completionist playthrough is 90 hours. I think Xenogears at 65 hours was my longest to date.
Dragon Quest 7 is around that long. Persona 5 doesn't drag a quarter as much as that game though, the time I play it seems to have just flown by

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
3DS version looks hella dope. Might have to buy that game twice. Just hope it makes it stateside sometime soon
we are most likely getting it next year :francis:

and @Fatboi1
persona-5-morgana-lets-go-to-sleep-tshirt-black-xl-size-509611.1.jpg

:laff: they are going to start selling this shirt soon

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That plot twist some of it was expected but the explanation for how it was pulled off leaves me baffled. Maybe I just need to keep playing...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I saw the explanation of it but that plot twist still gave me whiplash. It was basically this
Gambit Roulette - TV Tropes
too many things aligned and broke a certain way that were totally in the realm of chance. Some things also happened that I feel the game never properly laid out could happen even if it's acceptable that they're possible. I'm not really a fan of a narrative keeping you in the dark about certain things even if there's an excuse for it.

basically I'm just gonna let it go but it really shattered my suspension of disbelief. the one thing I will say is the very initial foreshadowing they did of it was masterful. when it happened I just didn't pay much attention to it but looking back on it yeah that happened in plain sight. noticing it would have confirmed suspensions I already had anyway.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw the explanation of it but that plot twist still gave me whiplash. It was basically this
Gambit Roulette - TV Tropes
too many things aligned and broke a certain way that were totally in the realm of chance. Some things also happened that I feel the game never properly laid out could happen even if it's acceptable that they're possible. I'm not really a fan of a narrative keeping you in the dark about certain things even if there's an excuse for it.

basically I'm just gonna let it go but it really shattered my suspension of disbelief. the one thing I will say is the very initial foreshadowing they did of it was masterful. when it happened I just didn't pay much attention to it but looking back on it yeah that happened in plain sight. noticing it would have confirmed suspensions I already had anyway.
tumblr_inline_o3pqt1xPi91rin4u6_540.jpg

That's not the only twist!

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I beat the game already. I'll do NG+ in Japanese when MY exams are over.:yeshrug:

I don't like how they introduced some characters late and I couldn't max out their social links. And on top of that you have to have max skills for some of them. Otherwise, 10/10 game. This game might be better than the original Persona 4. I'm looking forward to story DLC or expansion like P4G and FES though it's unlikely. Maybe they'll put it on a handheld again like the Nintendo Switch?

I didn't know the velvet room twins had social links to max out. :francis:

The music is really good as always.

I kind of want to play as
Goro Akechi

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I beat the game already. I'll do NG+ in Japanese when MY exams are over.:yeshrug:

I don't like how they introduced some characters late and I couldn't max out their social links. And on top of that you have to have max skills for some of them. Otherwise, 10/10 game. This game might be better than the original Persona 4. I'm looking forward to story DLC or expansion like P4G and FES though it's unlikely. Maybe they'll put it on a handheld again like the Nintendo Switch?

I didn't know the velvet room twins had social links to max out. :francis:

The music is really good as always.

I kind of want to play as
Goro Akechi
I've maxed out all my social stats except kindness. 13 days left and I reached the bottom of mementos for Dec until I do the palace. I had to abandon most of my social links. I'm trying to max out the chess player so I can have my party members swap on their turns instead of just the main character's turn. Any link you max the perks carry over to the next playthrough. Also social stats carry over. It's almost impossible to max them all on a single playthrough with no guide. One of the ones I saw that laid it out only had a free week or two in the game left over.