Perry Mason-HBO Reboot starring Matthew Rhys-6/21/20

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Forgot how dope this pilot intro was. Score here reminds me of Thomas Newman's for Road to Perdition. There's something about that rain backdrop, melancholic mood, and 1930s time period it takes place in that I'm a sucker for.:wow:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This dude died over a baseball team...

He was right though, New York can't field three teams forever. I wonder which one will leave first?

The one in Manhattan...
The one in the Bronx...
Or maybe.......the one in Brooklyn

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This dude died over a baseball team...

He was right though, New York can't field three teams forever. I wonder which one will leave first?

The one in Manhattan...
The one in the Bronx...
Or maybe.......the one in Brooklyn

Folks never see the vision until it's too late

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Solid opener. 'The Knick' showrunners coming aboard is gonna end up being such a big time move.

I’m guessing Perry’s guilt and crippling faith in the justice system is manifesting Dodson in his dreams (or should I say nightmares). I doubt that’s the last time we’ll see her.

So I totally get how monotonous a relationship can be after a certain period of time, but there's still NO way I'm cheating on Hazel's thick, fine ass. Not with the sister from Severance. :mindblown:

Della always struck me as an enigma in the first season though so I'm happy we'll be getting a closer look into her personal life. Curious to see the effects of such thrill-seeking all the while she's fighting legal battles with Perry & Co, possibly even straining some partnerships. She had Burger questioning who was standing in front of him in the preview.

I’m rooting for Paul heavily but he gotta be careful involving his family in work operations. :hubie:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
So seems like we got a glimpse at the mastermind behind this family and who their wealth is tied up with.

Gonna have to rewatch cause it feels like a lot was dropped on us with this ep.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I like how the show doesn’t beat you over the head with the violence. It’s subdued, but damn, some of these deaths are brutal when they do decide to go in. Getting your head crushed in a vice…what a way to go. :huhldup:

Perry causing fukkery on the boat was priceless. These corrupted minds have GOT to be tired of this mothafukka by now.

Also, it’s kinda crazy to see Gretchen Mol playing a reserved, kind-hearted ex-wife here after how much of a wildcard she was in Boardwalk Empire. :pachaha:

Katherine Waterston is obviously not just playing a teacher this season. No way.

Only two episodes in and I’m more into this second season than the previous. I want to say Perry being an established attorney is the biggest reason as to why. I remember there being a lull in S1 before homie decided to become a lawyer.

Show is gonna fly under the radar and it’s reminding me of The Deuce all over again. But hey, I’ll take these quiet threads any day over the craziness in TLOU’s. :manny: