Perry Mason-HBO Reboot starring Matthew Rhys-6/21/20

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
It's clear they wanted to do a one and done but the season was too well.acted to let it die. Mathew Rhys has proven himself to he one of the best actors doing it right now.
Nah, HBO or any other network doesn’t spend that kinda money building THAT kinda set, just for 2 season.

season 2 will recoup a lot of the money spent

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
why they kill Ennis? What was the reasoning? He too sloppy?

And
Them bribing jurors :russ: Perry aint shyt

Ennis getting bodied I just believe was his partner not fukking wit him anymore and show he's dirty too
The partner was dirty, but I think he was also genuinely repulsed by the innocent people getting killed.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Yeah he fukked up too bad. He gave him a chance, thats what that garage visit was about but the hole was too deep. Even with the trial done how you supposed to keep working with a guy like that? His attitude right before didn't help either, he hadn't learned shyt. He was always gonna be knee deep in trouble.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
let me watch all of Perry Mason, a gritty reboot full of sex, drugs, diversity, and dead babies whose initial pitch absolutely must have been 10 lines of coke and a guy saying, “What if we do to Perry Mason what Riverdale did to Archie but we actually show the boobie

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:ehh: Very solid show. I’m in for season 2

Starts off a bit slow, but really picks up

that scene when perry couldn’t even talk at court cracked me up :mjlol:

He’s a good actor :ehh:

Della was a great character, hope to see Strickland next season he was entertaining.

hopefully no more Emily :unimpressed: can’t stand that bytch and her voice

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ehh: Very solid show. I’m in for season 2

Starts off a bit slow, but really picks up

that scene when perry couldn’t even talk at court cracked me up :mjlol:

He’s a good actor :ehh:

Della was a great character, hope to see Strickland next season he was entertaining.

hopefully no more Emily :unimpressed: can’t stand that bytch and her voice
Something tells me she will be back in some shape or form.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished it. 7.5/10 very entertaining and I really like they wrapped up all the points of the mystery presented (except how they got the baby out of the grave).
Never watched The Americans but yeah I like the guy who plays Perry Mason good actor.
Interesting while watching is how they slipped in the woke shyt. Drake's storyline on some BLM light shyt. Making Della's character a lesbian. Even the female empowerment angle with Perry's Mexican girlfriend. While it became obvious after awhile I think they handled these aspects deftly and it didn't intrude on the mystery or show.
Another thing, for an HBO show things kind of wrapped up like a network procedural. He solved the crime, got his client off and now has a practice with his folks and clients ready to pay. HBO usually seems to make things more bittersweet than that.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Just finished it. 7.5/10 very entertaining and I really like they wrapped up all the points of the mystery presented (except how they got the baby out of the grave).
Never watched The Americans but yeah I like the guy who plays Perry Mason good actor.
Interesting while watching is how they slipped in the woke shyt. Drake's storyline on some BLM light shyt. Making Della's character a lesbian. Even the female empowerment angle with Perry's Mexican girlfriend. While it became obvious after awhile I think they handled these aspects deftly and it didn't intrude on the mystery or show.
Another thing, for an HBO show things kind of wrapped up like a network procedural. He solved the crime, got his client off and now has a practice with his folks and clients ready to pay. HBO usually seems to make things more bittersweet than that.

Agreed :ehh: it didn’t feel like they were hitting you on the head with it or trying to be “woke” for the sake of it

fit smooth into the story too