Per Capita, Jamaica Has Got to Be in The Top 5 As Most Influential Country

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
This strawberry cac :scust: your not Jamaican , sick of cacs who try to be something their not.

Oh, you again? :comeon:

Yuh chat too much!

Why do you have such a problem with me loving and appreciating Jamaica, Jamaicans, and Jamaican food/music, dancing, fashion, etc.???

I jumped into this thread with positive vibes and you come at me with negativity. :wtf:

You've never met me so I'm not sure why you're sayin I'm tryin to be something I'm not...is it cuz I like to cook Jamaican food & post pics on IG? Is it cuz I'm learning to dance pon headtop? Cuz I love to listen and dance to reggae & dancehall?

Why you tryin to act like it's not cool to do any of these things? Do you also hate girls like the Japanese and Swedish DHQ's?

Mi neva meet a Jamaican who nuh rate me. Mi fulla vibes, yuh cyaan diss mi. Cho! Gwey wid yuh negative energy, tek weh yuhself:pacspit:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Your not Jamaican stop trying to be a poser, cuz you drink a little cream soda and suck Jamaican dikk

Oh, you again? :comeon:

Yuh chat too much!

Why do you have such a problem with me loving and appreciating Jamaica, Jamaicans, and Jamaican food/music, dancing, fashion, etc.???

I jumped into this thread with positive vibes and you come at me with negativity. :wtf:

You've never met me so I'm not sure why you're sayin I'm tryin to be something I'm not...is it cuz I like to cook Jamaican food & post pics on IG? Is it cuz I'm learning to dance pon headtop? Cuz I love to listen and dance to reggae & dancehall?

Why you tryin to act like it's not cool to do any of these things? Do you also hate girls like the Japanese and Swedish DHQ's?

Mi neva meet a Jamaican who nuh rate me. Mi fulla vibes, yuh cyaan diss mi. Cho! Gwey wid yuh negative energy, tek weh yuhself:pacspit:

Strawberry

Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Your not Jamaican stop trying to be a poser, cuz you drink a little cream soda and suck Jamaican dikk

I don't ever remember sayin I was Jamaican.

Answer the question breh, what in particular makes you so vexxed about me lovin Jamaica and Jamaican food/music/dancing/fashion?

I'm bigging up Jamaica and Jamaicans and you're tryin to act like its a bad thing.

I'm encouraging others to go to Jamaica and experience the vibes first hand so in a way I'm promoting tourism to the island.

While you're out here actin a fool and discouraging people from appreciating Jamaican culture. You should be promoting it. :ufdup:

KMT if you grew up in Jamaica you'd never have such a shytty attitude or talk shyt the way you do. :trash:

If someone made a Ukrainian appreciation thread and there were non Ukrainians comin up in the thread to share what they love about Ukraine I'd be like "Nasdrovia homey! Let's eat some fukkin verrenke and borscht!"
:eat:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I don't ever remember sayin I was Jamaican.

Answer the question breh, what in particular makes you so vexxed about me lovin Jamaica and Jamaican food/music/dancing/fashion?

I'm bigging up Jamaica and Jamaicans and you're tryin to act like its a bad thing.

I'm encouraging others to go to Jamaica and experience the vibes first hand so in a way I'm promoting tourism to the island.

While you're out here actin a fool and discouraging people from appreciating Jamaican culture. You should be promoting it. :ufdup:

KMT if you grew up in Jamaica you'd never have such a shytty attitude or talk shyt the way you do. :trash:

If someone made a Ukrainian appreciation thread and there were non Ukrainians comin up in the thread to share what they love about Ukraine I'd be like "Nasdrovia homey! Let's eat some fukkin verrenke and borscht!"
:eat:
You're white. White people make shyt corny, not cool. You're making jamaica look corny.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Kool Herc is Jamaican :skip:

There are a lot of Jamaicans in NYC :skip:

DJing + MCing in the way of early hip hop was in Jamaica before hip hop was even a thing :skip:

What year were u born, 1996? :skip:
Why ya niccas stay using my birth year as a reference to when the fukkery initiated in this world :martin: :to:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Claim Ethiopia as the most diverse African country and Horners as the 1st Africans :mjlol:

The claim of Ethiopia having the greatest genetic diversity on the continent is somewhat valid when you consider Southern tribes that they like to pretend don't exist or aren't "Ethiopian".

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The claim of Ethiopia having the greatest genetic diversity on the continent is somewhat valid when you consider Southern tribes that they like to pretend don't exist or aren't "Ethiopian".

Nah man

Central Africa has the greatest diversity. Chad, Cameroon, DRC. Bantu, Berber, Chadic/Afro Asiatic, Mande and S Sudanese people all in 1 area.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Nah man

Central Africa has the greatest diversity. Chad, Cameroon, DRC. Bantu, Berber, Chadic/Afro Asiatic, Mande and S Sudanese people all in 1 area.

When you say Central Africa are you referring to region or CAR (Central African Republic) as a nation state?

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Per capita it's probably #1, but that's speaking from an 'urban' perspective, what has Jamaica really influenced? Music and? All things considered it has to be England.

Strawberry

Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Japan wants more Jamaicans

BY KIMONE THOMPSON Associate editor -- features thompsonk@jamaicaobserver.com
Thursday, October 01, 2015
Hiromoto-Oyama_w304.jpg

THE Japanese Government says it has been so impressed with the Jamaicans who participate in its annual teaching exchange programme that it has nearly doubled the number of places open to the Caribbean islanders.

"The ministry of education and the local government officials in Japan requested that we send more Jamaicans," Counsellor and deputy chief of mission at the embassy of Japan in Jamaican Hiromoto Oyama told the Jamaica Observer Tuesday.

The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme recruits university graduates from English-speaking countries to work as Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) and Sports Education Advisors in Japanese kindergartens, elementary, junior high and high schools, or as Coordinators for International Relations (CIRs) in local governments and boards of education. However, only ATL positions are open to Jamaica, which began participating in JET in 2000. The programme started in 1978 as the British English Teachers Scheme, but was renamed in 1987 as more and more countries were included.

To date, 292 Jamaicans have participated.

"Two years ago we sent 20. Last year it was 25. This year, they asked us to send 40, so that's almost double," Oyama said, adding that he was "very happy with the development".

At the send-off for the latest cohort in July this year, JET programme coordinator Matthew Palmer suggested that the increase was due in part to more aggressive promotional efforts by the embassy. But according to Oyama, it is a lot more than that.

"I think it's the attitude of the past Jamaican JETs...The schools like them and the children like them," he said Tuesday, alluding to the assistant teachers' good work ethic, strong character, enthusiasm, and adaptability.

It augurs well for the continued cooperation between the two countries, the deputy chief of mission said, as cultural exchange and the mutual understanding that its fosters "makes it easier for us to work together".

The majority of JET participants come from the US, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Ireland. As of July 1, there were 4,786 JETs from around the world in Japan. Of that number, 107 were Jamaicans.

"Please don't be disappointed by the total number," Oyama cautioned. "The US and Canada have more people, but I would say that in terms of JETs per capita, Jamaica is among the highest."

The initial JET contract is for one year, but it is renewable up to four years. Applications for next year are now open and will close Friday, November 6, 2015 at 2 pm.