Per Capita, Jamaica Has Got to Be in The Top 5 As Most Influential Country

Superstar
Daps
i have to disagree. Jamaica is influential for a small country but definitely not top 5.

I'd list countries that colonized first (even ahead of usa's impact) like france, uk, spain etc that has countries in Africa, the caribbean etc speaking french & portugese. then i'd say usa. then china if there's still room on the list.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
i have to disagree. Jamaica is influential for a small country but definitely not top 5.

I'd list countries that colonized first (even ahead of usa's impact) like france, uk, spain etc that has countries in Africa, the caribbean etc speaking french & portugese. then i'd say usa. then china if there's still room on the list.
Jamaica is def > portugal and spain is debatable since Latin American culture is a mix of Spanish /African/indigenous not just Spanish

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
I love how this thread was created while I was catching some zzz's after a wild night of daggerin :russ:

Big up yuhself @froggle great thread! :salute:

Too bad dutty battyman @Poitier chat a whole leap a fukkery and try fi diss Jamaica and fukk up yuh thread.

Nuh follow him, him a badmind yute.

So...yuh can send me some bulla and ackee? :feedme:

Jamaica is broke as shyt, government sold out to the Russians and Chinese

High inflation, high debt, high unemployment

Source: My moms family that lives in Jamaica

It's the corruption that keeps it this way. But anyways, regardless of all that Jamaica is still dope as fukk

:mindblown:With the amount of pop icons Jamaica produces not to mention the music culture and tourist hot spots, youd think Jamaica would be one of the richest carribean countries.

Last time I was there I learned that something like 80% of all money that comes in from tourism leaves the island. All those big hotels are owned by companies in the US, Spain & I forget where else.

For the longest time I couldn't understand why Jamaica was so poor considering how much $$$ these hotels are raking in during high season but after I found out that almost all the profits are funnelled out of Jamaica I was like ok damn, that's why. Also because Jamaica is corrupt as fukk. Which sucks because it's such a fukkin beautiful country full of amazing people that deserve better. I find this whole subject very frustrating and heartbreaking at the same time.

:francis: looks outside and sees the blue mountains while chomping on a fresh Tastee patty...........:comeon: I fail to agree 2.7 million
Mi miss Jamaica bad bad bad...soon link back :blessed:

my son is named Kingston :blessed:

There's a movie called Sons of Kingston that just came out in Jamaica...I keep seein them promoting it in my IG feed. Dope name though! Likkle King!

what's yours? we're not talking about yoga, we're talking about Jamaica :camby:
Don't mind @Poitier he's the wackest poster on the Coli these days. Seriously, pay no attention to his stupid ass. Nothing but negativity...

Haha absolutely yes

Look that shytty Island produced 2 gimmicky cultural things that no one really cares about but if you need to pretend its some cultural hub for a sense of pride then do you lol

Please do us all a favour and gerara here :pacspit: :camby:

People in america like dancehall/reggae here and there.

in europe, africa, and the pacific islands its huge apparently. i'm not a huge fan but reggae is no little thing.

Canadian and british youth model a lot of their slang after us.

Americans do to a much lesser extent. fukkery <--- where do you think that word comes from?

Like i said nobodies claiming that jamaica is the most influential place on earth. But compared to its size our influence runs far and wide.

You're forgetting Japan. Japan has the second largest reggae festival in the world.

:ufdup: some Caribbreh obviously hurt you. Its ok. Youre like a more intelligent @TheLesserEvil

Did you really just refer to @Poitier as intelligent?

Yuh mad??? :dahell:

How much you want to bet Poitier's wife/gf isnt even black :pachaha:

How much you wanna bet @Poitier is a virgin who never had a gf? :umad:

My life as an English speaking Caribbean breh... Yard influenced my life. Jamaica is the heartbeat of the islands IMO.

I have always wanted to visit, kept putting it off.

You have to go! Make a plan and just do it! it's cheaper to rent a place for a month than it is to stay at a resort for a week. Stay longer, live local, and spend more time appreciating the beauty/wonders/vibes of Jamaica :ahh:

I'm surprised we went 7 pages and nobody talked about skin bleaching :leon:

I hate when people bleach. I think black skin is incredibly beautiful and attractive so when people bleach I'm like :mindblown: ???? wtf, if it ain't broke dont't fix it

Jamaicans are only influential in puppetry and dance.
Hey wait, I thought you were on my side? And now you're siding with @Poitier ? I'm disappointed, I liked you. :sadbron:

Yes I am. A lot of p*ssyhole gyal dem nah like Yard man :pacspit:

but you're different. :pachaha:

Yuh cyaan forget me, di Coli gyal most famous for lovin Jamaican men :youngsabo: :takedat: :ohlawd:

Last edited:

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hm, just a couple of pages back and I knew that self hating anti-black fake ass american militant c00n would spew some non sense. I swear he don't like international black men..

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Hm, just a couple of pages back and I knew that self hating anti-black fake ass american militant c00n would spew some non sense. I swear he don't like international black men..

and women.

I was accused of bleaching my skin :mjlol:.

@Poitier is a fool you guys, forget him.

Let's talk about something else...like Gully Bop!
:blessed:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Jamaica has influenced hip-hop through toasting/sound systems/sound clashes. So to act like Kool Herc or Jamaica didn't have any influence on it is a farce. We all black chill with the separatism. Sounding like some fukking crackers in this thread.