People with dreads how do you deal with the fruzziness

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Starting my dreads when I get paid next month :wow:

Don't want them comb coils though...want my shyts to stand up at first on some Isaiah Rashad shyt.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Ay is $90 for starter locks steep? :patrice:

Plan on getting my locs started up then stop getting them retwisted and just letting them freeform. The curl sponge shyt contrary to what people be saying online does not achieve this look. I figured if I get them loc'd up now, by the summer i'll have some decent length.:ehh:

I want my shyts to grow upward...them comb coils be looking :scusthov: when they first start.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Plan on getting my locs started up then stop getting them retwisted and just letting them freeform. The curl sponge shyt contrary to what people be saying online does not achieve this look. I figured if I get them loc'd up now, by the summer i'll have some decent length.:ehh:

I want my shyts to grow upward...them comb coils be looking :scusthov: when they first start.

eventually your dreads will drop down man.

Only way to achieve that look is to keep getting your hair twisted and in around 6-9 months your twists will be semi loc'd and you'll jave that look

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone

my hair was like that but i freeformed from day 1

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
eventually your dreads will drop down man.

Only way to achieve that look is to keep getting your hair twisted and in around 6-9 months your twists will be semi loc'd and you'll jave that look

Yea I know they'll eventually drop down I just don't like the look of the comb coil as for the first few months they be weighed down with all that product.

I mean I have no problems starting out with a comb coil but imma most likely not get them re-twisted....

I was gonna free-form but i'm impatient :francis: just washed my hair and my twists came out :damn: so now i'm back to having a curly looking fade :martin: ..this has been going on for like 4 months.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
Side Note: my locs are latched (which locs then immediately) that may be why I don't frizz up. My loctitian uses a shea butter formula for hold too.
The hook method works for me also.

You use any product in yours? I tend to spray some Mango & Lime brand now and again but haven't used much else.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Im four months in. Ive been havin dandruff problems so I washed that shyt so now I'm frizzy like a mf

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps
The hook method works for me also.

You use any product in yours? I tend to spray some Mango & Lime brand now and again but haven't used much else.

if i used the hook method , could i just let it freeform from there?

also how thick are yours? im trying to avoid that microbraid yarn look.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
if i used the hook method , could i just let it freeform from there?

also how thick are yours? im trying to avoid that microbraid yarn look.
Honestly, the hook or "interlocking" method is a one and done. Once you do that it's more or less LOCKED. Its like tying the dread at the scalp. So it'd never get a freeform look afterwards. Just a bunch of new growth under each lock if you go freeform method.

If you want to freeform, you just stop combing your hair and allow them to form. No tending requird. You can alter them after the hair has locked a bit at a salon/hairdresser

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yea I know they'll eventually drop down I just don't like the look of the comb coil as for the first few months they be weighed down with all that product.

I mean I have no problems starting out with a comb coil but imma most likely not get them re-twisted....

I was gonna free-form but i'm impatient :francis: just washed my hair and my twists came out :damn: so now i'm back to having a curly looking fade :martin: ..this has been going on for like 4 months.

Stop washing ur hair every week