People with dreads how do you deal with the fruzziness

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody ever heard of this Easy Loc Hair tool?

Man... That shyt ain't work for me. Some of my loc roots are soft and springy so when I used this I misjudged how many times I should go and I ended up having a big knot at the root of my scalp in one of my dreads. I couldn't pull the loc all the way up to form a knot because it was too close to the scalp(if you watch the video you'll see what I'm talking about.) I ended up just cutting two of my locks off because the knot was annoying.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ay is $90 for starter locks steep? :patrice:

Plan on getting my locs started up then stop getting them retwisted and just letting them freeform. The curl sponge shyt contrary to what people be saying online does not achieve this look. I figured if I get them loc'd up now, by the summer i'll have some decent length.:ehh:

I want my shyts to grow upward...them comb coils be looking :scusthov: when they first start.

$90?? That's kind of steep. I only paid like $45.
Look for loctician that can latch hook.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will it reduce the frizz?
Not really. Frizz is apart of the territory. You can palm roll em while they're still wet and they'll look nice for a while. I pretty much have been doing this for the past month or so(washing every week) since I ain't feeling putting all them products and shyt into my hair with the exception of light oils and water spritz. I find a little frizz nice and it adds volume and character to the hair. I just keep my hairline shaped up and I feel like I'm good to go. I haven't had that super neat look in a while. :yeshrug:

I just did it like this chick here. Wash, condition and maybe a ACV rinse. Then towel dry a little and while still damp palm roll the fronts and sides and then just leave the rest.

She must've parted her shyts because my parts ain't lookn nice like hers. Her shyts look combed parted.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Not really. Frizz is apart of the territory. You can palm roll em while they're still wet and they'll look nice for a while. I pretty much have been doing this for the past month or so(washing every week) since I ain't feeling putting all them products and shyt into my hair with the exception of light oils and water spritz. I find a little frizz nice and it adds volume and character to the hair. I just keep my hairline shaped up and I feel like I'm good to go. I haven't had that super neat look in a while. :yeshrug:

I just did it like this chick here. Wash, condition and maybe a ACV rinse. Then towel dry a little and while still damp palm roll the fronts and sides and then just leave the rest.

She must've parted her shyts because my parts ain't lookn nice like hers. Her shyts look combed parted.

My dreads are about the length of my hand from my fingers down to my wrist. Should I be washing it about every week? And should I ret wist after every wash?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My dreads are about the length of my hand from my fingers down to my wrist. Should I be washing it about every week? And should I ret wist after every wash?
I mean you wash when you feel like it. When my hair was that long(I guess Chief Keef dread long), I was mostly going to the shop so I would be getting it washed like every 3-4 weeks. It depends on you though. Some people wash it every week, every few days, every month :yeshrug:.

If you been growing for about a year, your hair should be starting to lock or locked already. If you want to retwist that's up to you. You don't have to but again, it depends on how you feel. Me, my shyts long enough for me to not care about having it retwisted all the time. I just do the sides and top of my head and call it a day. takes like 30 minutes or so. It's been like 7 years or so for me and I just now felt comfortable enough to not go to the shop after washing my hair my self.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
The hook method works for me also.

You use any product in yours? I tend to spray some Mango & Lime brand now and again but haven't used much else.

I don't really use any product for the loc itself. But I do use a blend of peppermint oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, and shea butter for my scalp.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
You dont want to over twist you new growth. A little "fuzz" is healthy. To tight and you will get traction alopecia. There is no cure from that.