People with dreads how do you deal with the fruzziness

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
:aicmon: is it true you have to go 4 - 6 weeks without washing your hair for the locks to dread like the girl who locked my hair said? what's the typical timespan for locking?

i just said fukk it recently and put water in it everyday... have had em twisted for about 1 month and had been growing my hair for 1 year before that.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
:aicmon: is it true you have to go 4 - 6 weeks without washing your hair for the locks to dread like the girl who locked my hair said? what's the typical timespan for locking?

i just said fukk it recently and put water in it everyday... have had em twisted for about 1 month and had been growing my hair for 1 year before that.

My shyt is locked tight now for about 8 years, so I can pretty much wash the shyt everyday now and shyt won't happen. But it was real tough in the early stages cause my hair is soft. So yea, I'd have to hold off washing it for a decent amount of time cause I didn't have the money to be seeing my stylist every 2-3 weeks.

But my roots are still newgrowth which is soft hair, so I tend to ignore that while just washing the dreads and tips.

A1aaa

Daps
My shyt is locked tight now for about 8 years, so I can pretty much wash the shyt everyday now and shyt won't happen. But it was real tough in the early stages cause my hair is soft. So yea, I'd have to hold off washing it for a decent amount of time cause I didn't have the money to be seeing my stylist every 2-3 weeks.

But my roots are still newgrowth which is soft hair, so I tend to ignore that while just washing the dreads and tips.

they haven't been coming out, but they lose the parting, which i can deal with

does water slow or accelerate the locking process? that's the only reason i could try to cut back.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
they haven't been coming out, but they lose the parting, which i can deal with

does water slow or accelerate the locking process? that's the only reason i could try to cut back.

Water itself never really made an impact to the dreads, just the roots. Though you definitely will need to be mindful of the shampoo you're using.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Clean hair locks faster. Don't listen to that advice. What you can do is get a stocking cap and wash your hair lightly with it on so as to not completely loosen your roots.

Also be mindful of the product you use for twisting. Stay away from waxes and most commercial products for retwisting. Use things with natural ingredients that are plant derived. You should use residue free shampoo because not doing so will result in build up stuck in your dreads.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually, yes I am. I have been all of my life. Why did you ask?

Natural hair and dread locks are not the same thing. Dreads are a hair style, not a hair type or texture. & I think that hair style looks terrible. I don't like men who have dreads, and I never will. :queen:
OK... then get the fukk out the thread.
:camby:

A1aaa

Daps
Water itself never really made an impact to the dreads, just the roots. Though you definitely will need to be mindful of the shampoo you're using.

Clean hair locks faster. Don't listen to that advice. What you can do is get a stocking cap and wash your hair lightly with it on so as to not completely loosen your roots.

Also be mindful of the product you use for twisting. Stay away from waxes and most commercial products for retwisting. Use things with natural ingredients that are plant derived. You should use residue free shampoo because not doing so will result in build up stuck in your dreads.

good advice

im just gonna continue running water over 'em everyday and wash it with shampoo once every week. retwist every 6 weeks or so.

clean hair, no itching :win:

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nothing is worst than someone trying to change your opinion .

shyt has nothing to do with cacs acceptance.

I don't like that wild unkept shyt .

Love natural hair clearly because I have locks .

My woman is natural she rocks , curls , straight , braids and all that but her shyt is neat .

Stupid ass nikkas can't get it through their head .

Keep looking dirty ass fukk brehs :scust:
Damn, dude. Take a valium.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
shyt is fukking ugly .

nikka tryna tell me what to like .

How many times I gotta tell your dumb ass that shyt looks fukking disgusting .

I dislike unkept hair in any form .

My parents raised me to be neat that shyt isn't i don't like it shyt looks fukking dusty .

Your stupid ass can't get that through your head .

is that what you call beautiful :scust:

I wonder what the bytches u talk to look like :scusthov:
:dwillhuh: Ain't nobody trying to convince you to like freeform hair. We're trying to convince your wille lynch mentality ass to stop calling black's folks hair in it's raw and purest state dirty and disgusting.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Ain't nobody trying to convince you to like freeform hair. We're trying to convince your wille lynch mentality ass to stop calling black's folks hair in it's raw and purest state dirty and disgusting.
It is u can have natural hair without looking dusty .

I think it's disgusting fukk outta here .

You dirty ass nikkas disgust me I wonder the type of women u allow in your beds :scust:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I don't have dread but my hair use to frizz up bad when I shampoo everyday I stopped shampooing just strictly conditioned my hair and my hair doesn't frizz up anymore

Last edited: