People with dreads how do you deal with the fruzziness

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Side Note: my locs are latched (which locs then immediately) that may be why I don't frizz up. My loctitian uses a shea butter formula for hold too.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I'm blessed with the tightest of coils my hair doesn't "frizz" like I don't get that halo effect but even if I did I'm not a fan of neat, perfectly manicured locs.

Everyone pretty much said it. Try twisting with a thicker oil like castor oil, maybe a bit of Shea butter. I also hear aloe Vera and Apple cider vinegar helps with frizz free shine. And tie it down at night with silk or satin.

If you use a spray bottle for moisturizer: 1/2 aloe Vera : 1/2 water.
After wet hands, and apply castor oil or Shea then just smooth your hair back or twist.
Use Apple cider vinegar rinses regularly. Dilute it, anywhere from 1/2 ACV to 1/4 ACV depending on your scalp sensitivity.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
@blackestofpanthers how ya shyt look? If I dread my shyt up it gotta look like this
hqdefault.jpg

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
You can get the stray hairs trimmed and pruned around the dread about once or twice a year.

Also avoid those cheap loc greases like Jamaican Mango Lime and that beeswax (which is 98% petroleum anyway). So far Taliaah Wajiid has the best damn loc products on the general market.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I'm blessed with the tightest of coils my hair doesn't "frizz" like I don't get that halo effect but even if I did I'm not a fan of neat, perfectly manicured locs.

Everyone pretty much said it. Try twisting with a thicker oil like castor oil, maybe a bit of Shea butter. I also hear aloe Vera and Apple cider vinegar helps with frizz free shine. And tie it down at night with silk or satin.

If you use a spray bottle for moisturizer: 1/2 aloe Vera : 1/2 water.
After wet hands, and apply castor oil or Shea then just smooth your hair back or twist.
Use Apple cider vinegar rinses regularly. Dilute it, anywhere from 1/2 ACV to 1/4 ACV depending on your scalp sensitivity.
damn that's mad work. This loc shyt might not be for me.