People who genuinely think Batman could beat Superman

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
Batman knows martial arts, is intelligent, doesn't cape, has endless weapons and tools and has no weaknesses. Clark Kent on the other hand is the man of steel but can be destroyed by a drop of kryptonite. :banderas: Hard work beats talent.
Martial arts against a man who can move planets. Seems legit.

75515fegk0fmr.gif

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Damn, this thread was so much more entertaining on sohh

New kids on the block just don't get it :snoop:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
People that stan Superman are the type of people to use cheat codes playing GTA or cheese the Eurostep in NBA 2K...

Batman >>
Then I guess they must be Batman Stans as well because that Nikka is one of the biggest cheaters in DC.

Last edited:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
My kind of thread. :blessed:

I think that people that are stanning for Batman in this thread are people that just happen to be really big fans of his character and are having a hard time separating that from him being the biggest, baddest, superhero of all time. Is Batman really fukking fascinating as a character? Of course he is. He's one of the most classic comic book heroes of all time. He's able to hang with some of the most diabolical and most powerful villains and heroes in his world and he doesn't even have any intrinsic powers. But that's the point: He can hang, and that's about where it ends. Superman is on a whole other level though. He has powers that are intrinsic and that are borderline limitless. They're outlined in the Screwattack video featuring him vs. Goku:

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

In other words, to paraphrase the video, you'd have a guy that can use all kinds of special ingenuity and wit to overcome any limits he might have to battle superman, while Superman has no limits to begin with. Especially when you factor things in like speed, absurd amounts of strength, and a huge variety of other special powers.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Real question is can Superman beat the Joker?

From Reddit:

I was going to say something about this. The thing about the Joker is that he plays mind games. Batman and his Bat-Family are really the only heroes in the DC universe who can keep up on that level. Superman just doesn't grasp the complexity.

I mean, okay, sure, Superman busts through the walls and grabs the Joker, tosses him in Arkham. Then What?

Joker escapes in a few days, ready for Superman to come at him and laces kryptonite into his laughing gas. Supes speeds in and BAM, worlds strongest hero is out on the floor. And that's just the end game.

To start, Joker discreetly plants dozens of bombs and tanks of Joker gas all throughout Metropolis, completely encased in lead boxes so Superman can't catch them that easily with his X-ray vision. He steals a TV signal and announces that they're going to explode in thirty second intervals, and he makes sure to mention that he's left at least half of them under schools with high numbers of students. He does this midday.

Then, Joker tracks down Jimmy Olsen or Lois Lane, both known associates of Superman, and shows up at their apartments. A gunshot later, they're paralyzed from the waist down and he's taken nude photos of them covered in their own blood. He records them begging for mercy the whole time, and his laughter. He leaves them disrobed, bleeding and crying on the floor. Then he moseys on over to his headquarters.

When Supes is finally done dealing with the distraction he is contacted by the police, informing him that Lois/Jimmy is in the hospital. He's handed the two pictures that were left in the blood. Superman gets mad. He hadn't realized it, but for the last 5 minutes there has been a slowly building crescendo of whimpering and laughter playing at a frequency that only he can hear. He zips off at superspeed to grab Joker.

But Joker isn't dumb. His base is an abandoned nuclear fallout shelter. Lead-lined. Supes has to come in somewhere, and Joker has gone with the old stand-by of fun house mirrors all over the place. The laughter and crying is being played at 200 decibels all throughout the shelter. Superman is confused. He's not used to this sort of psychopathy. Even Lex would never do this sort of thing.

Then the mirrors start to project the pictures. At first, they appear one-by-one, but eventually they're on all the mirrors at once. Superman is confused and enraged, his super-senses being overwhelmed. He finally finds the door leading to Joker's room and breaks it down.

Inside, Joker is dancing and laughing, waiting for Superman. He smiles when he opens the door. "I see you received my message, Superdork." He Laughs hysterically at his own joke.

Superman speeds across the floor and lifts Joker up by his throat, his eyes ready to laser him. Joker tells him that he's a hero, he's not supposed to kill. Superman calms down, and releases his hold. Joker hits his flower, and BAM kryptonite Joker gas in the face!!!

Now Superman is captured, and Batman has to come save his dumb ass.

This is all assuming Joker doesn't ask Lex for help.

Nothing against Supes, but he just doesn't have the mind to deal with Joker.

tl;dr: Only Batman has the mind to take on The Joker, and Superman would definitely need to team up with him if Lex Luthor were involved.

Now I think that Superman's character would change drastically and he would probably do something he would greatly regret in killing The Joker if he had done that to Jimmy Olsen or Lois Lane, but that's all speculation. Here's the thing, someone with Superman's powers could easily take the Joker, but the question is whether someone with Superman's humanity would be able to do so. You'd have to take away Superman's humanity for him to be able to take on the Joker.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Batman's prep time would mean absolutely shyt against Superman, because guess what..........he also would have prep time, and can learn at a pace no human can even fathom

It's a ridiculous argument at best.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
all those who dont believe the bat would take down that farm boy

See that shyt don't even make sense.

1. Batman would rip his own arm trying to lift superman

2. Superman can dodge bullets but can't see slow as batman

3. Superman would float in the air.

Batmans cool but again stuff like this (superman not hearing batman leave :upsetfavre:) is stupid.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
See that shyt don't even make sense.

1. Batman would rip his own arm trying to lift superman

2. Superman can dodge bullets but can't see slow as batman

3. Superman would float in the air.

Batmans cool but again stuff like this (superman not hearing batman leave :upsetfavre:) is stupid.

were not making this shyt up in the dc universe batman is up there with the gods and aliens with superpower :win: