People who beat TLOU Part 2, what's your rating from playing it?

TLOU Part 2 Score

• 10/10 Masterpiece, negligible issues that doesn't detract from game overall

• 9/10 Must play, very minor flaws

• 8/10 Amazing game but some flaws

• 7/10 Great game but a few issues that knock it down a few pegs

• 6/10 Meh Game. Didn't like it much

• 5/10 Trash game.

• 0~4/10 Dumpster Juice. Neil Druckmann is a hack, ND is forever disgraced

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
in the first few days
let's see what happens long term like I said and how much it slows down
it has already significantly slowed down
also remember a lot of people who ended up hating the game obviously bought it as soon as it released due to hype as they went in blind
a lot of those people were going to buy the game as soon as it released regardless
the key now is how well it sells after the bad word of mouth and disappointed fans
I dont think it needs to sell 20 million to be considered successful when the previous game
sold that in 7 years across two generations. Most games these days dont even reach 5 million sold.
This game should easily sell 10 million plus games , which means it was successful.

Daps
I dont think it needs to sell 20 million to be considered successful when the previous game
sold that in 7 years across two generations. Most games these days dont even reach 5 million sold.
This game should easily sell 10 million plus games , which means it was successful.
How successful it is will be determined by whether or not it reaches ND and Sony's sales goals
Look at Star Wars and how much money it made but the backlash by the fans
It fukked over the franchise over time
Now they want to retcon the whole thing
If it significantly undersells, then I hope that causes ND to step it up even more but Neil gives me doubts for now

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
How successful it is will be determined by whether or not it reaches ND and Sony's sales goals
Look at Star Wars and how much money it made but the backlash by the fans
It fukked over the franchise over time
Now they want to retcon the whole thing
If it significantly undersells, then I hope that causes ND to step it up even more but Neil gives me doubts for now
I think Neil is a great director in my opinion , i really enjoyed the story :yeshrug::yeshrug:
the user metacritic score is already at 5.3 when it started at 3.5 due to all the trolls rating it a 0 right at midnight.
so many others have enjoyed it as well.

Daps
I think Neil is a great director in my opinion , i really enjoyed the story :yeshrug::yeshrug:
the user metacritic score is already at 5.3 when it started at 3.5 due to all the trolls rating it a 0 right at midnight.
so many others have enjoyed it as well.
and many many others did not enjoy it at all
To each their own :yeshrug:
I don't mind being pleasantly surprised by his next work:yeshrug:

I just hope he doesn't touch the Uncharted franchise and is in charge of creating the story from scratch

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
It's because I didn't expect to play as a new character
I liked playing as Abby but would have preferred it cut down to 20% at most
Abby's character is hated because they did a poor job of characterizing her
They thought playing as her would accomplish that:mjlol:
Imagine Kojima killing Snake in the dumbest and most disrespectful way that insults the logic of his character just so he can force his new character on you and making you play as him for half the game :mjlol:

It would have been a disaster

Here is the problem, I waited 7 years to play this and they only advertised us playing as Ellie
That was one of the big selling points for me not playing as a new character for half the game
I didn't ask for MGS2
I was looking forward to an Ellie focused revenge game and they decided to get cute for no reason and subvert expectations in terms of game layout and the ending
Hence the outrage and severely slowed down sales and returns

This is exactly why I won't buy it because the disrespect they had for a main character is atrocious. I've waited for a long time to play this game and to see Joel and Ellie's story continue and then they decide to kill him off and then add in new characters? That's nonsense. If he died in TLOU 3 or at the end of TLOU 2 I could possibly get with that but this to me just kinda comes off as an easy way to go in another direction.

Daps
This is exactly why I won't buy it because the disrespect they had for a main character is atrocious. I've waited for a long time to play this game and to see Joel and Ellie's story continue and then they decide to kill him off and then add in new characters? That's nonsense. If he died in TLOU 3 or at the end of TLOU 2 I could possibly get with that but this to me just kinda comes off as an easy way to go in another direction.
Don't blame you
Gameplay wise the combat is incredible and the encounters have infinite replayability
The story is not very good though and they did Joel dirty in this
If they were smart, they should have made another Joel and Ellie story w/ Ellie as the main and Joel as the sidekick, w/ some parts
playable as Joel
Save his death for later in the game and give him a death that makes sense for his character or save his death for Part 3
Joel and Ellie are the symbols of TLOU and Neil decided to kill him off immediately and in the dumbest way possible considering Joel's paranoid personality
All Neil had to do was do another Joel and Ellie story but with the roles reversed, w/ Joel and Tommy's past actions following them to Jackson and all hell breaking loose
I don't know how Neil thought the story and layout of this game was a good idea

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: b_b

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
8/10 Gameplay way way way better than the first one. It tried to ape MGSV which has perhaps the best open world/action/stealth gameplay of all fukkin time. Similar to MGSV the story sucks.

Trying to wrap my head around how dumb it was Ellie chews through who knows how many people with their own story just to find this broad and let her go had me and my wife look at this shyt like it was retarded. its one of those stories where you see what it was going for, but it just failed in its execution. makes more sense for her to murk out the brolic hoe, come back her new fam gone, then she accepts that she had a chance to break the cycle and failed miserably. i rather the lesson be people see the cycle, and understand it, but breaking that shyt is basically impossible. that to me is more realistic. i lost one of my close friends to some gang shyt, nearly a decade later and even though i was never in a gang i still had family that was. i understand the cycle, i see that shyt every day, with each new generation and even got a son i worry about it with. does that mean i dont still want whoever did that shyt dead??? nikka you are tripping.

her murking out 30 extra nikkas in SB then not having that same energy for the one person she should was unbelievable to me.

this was a sequel that didnt need to exist, or just should have been another story entirely. i felt more in the first one especially with the two brothers and their story. that shyt was ROUGH. i didnt feel shyt for any of these fools in this game.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Don't blame you
Gameplay wise the combat is incredible and the encounters have infinite replayability
The story is not very good though and they did Joel dirty in this
If they were smart, they should have made another Joel and Ellie story w/ Ellie as the main and Joel as the sidekick, w/ some parts
playable as Joel
Save his death for later in the game and give him a death that makes sense for his character or save his death for Part 3
Joel and Ellie are the symbols of TLOU and Neil decided to kill him off immediately and in the dumbest way possible considering Joel's paranoid personality
All Neil had to do was do another Joel and Ellie story but with the roles reversed, w/ Joel and Tommy's past actions following them to Jackson and all hell breaking loose
I don't know how Neil thought the story and layout of this game was a good idea

Yeah man it seems like they tried to force drama and emotion on the player rather than drama and emotion be a natural conclusion you come to yourself. Once again, I haven't played it but I feel like it's like laugh tracks in sitcoms or the background music in reality TV that tries to influence your emotions. Instead of Gordon Ramsey saying "BLOODY FREAKING HELL WHAT KIND OF SALMON IS THIS?" and letting me determine that he's pissed, the Producer plays some intense music in the background that essentially say "GORDON IS PISSED YOU SHOULD FEEL SCARED".

Daps
Yeah man it seems like they tried to force drama and emotion on the player rather than drama and emotion be a natural conclusion you come to yourself. Once again, I haven't played it but I feel like it's like laugh tracks in sitcoms or the background music in reality TV that tries to influence your emotions. Instead of Gordon Ramsey saying "BLOODY FREAKING HELL WHAT KIND OF SALMON IS THIS?" and letting me determine that he's pissed, the Producer plays some intense music in the background that essentially say "GORDON IS PISSED YOU SHOULD FEEL SCARED".
:mjlol:
That's exactly what this game is
Everything is forced
The game is one big attempt to get you to like a new character TO THE DETRIMENT OF EVERYTHING ELSE
Who thought introducing a new character by making them kill off not only one of the main characters but the symbol of the game in the first two hours, then have you play as her for half the game was a good idea?
Not only that, you don't even kill her in the end:mjlol:
Ellie lets her go after she bites two of her fingers off and has a random flashback of Joel :mjtf:
Ellie kills hundreds of people for no reason :mjlol:
The story sucks there is no way around it
The game is upsetting in the sense that Neil had alternate story lines w/ Joel and Ellie and chose this one
The playable flashbacks w/ Joel were the best parts of the game in terms of the story having an emotional impact
I would have preferred another Joel and Ellie adventure w/ Joel dying in Part 3 or dying more reasonably and much later on (midway or at the end) in Part 2
They made Joel dumb as fukk in Part 2 and has a new personality in Part 2 that doesn't make sense
Dumbass Neil :mjlol:

Last edited: