Daps
cdc.jpg

Congrats on the plat @BmoreGorilla

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I always tip.
I don't believe in the argument that "it depends on the service". I just tip as a matter of principle. Often, the servers/drivers/whatever aren't to blame for food being slow out of the kitchen or whatever.

I tip based on their service and attitude.

Make me like them and they get a great/good tip if they are just there then they get a regular/good tip, if i get :mjpls:vibes you get a shyt tip.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Was hanging with my homeboy over the weekend at his crib and we ordered a pizza. Said I got it. When the delivery came I gave him the cash and told him to let the dude keep the change

My homebody came back with the pizza and handed me my change
:dwillhuh:

Me: Yo I said let him keep it:comeon:

Him: You actually tip these nikkas?:dahell:

Me: There wasn’t a reason not to :dahell:

So we get into this whole debate about tips. Been out with this nikka 100s of times over the past couple decades. Found out he didn’t even tip bartenders. I never knew this shyt. Even tho I have seen him blow whole wads of cash on tipping strippers
:heh:

His said it’s dumb as hell to get a job that relies on tips. I said it’s even more dumb to use the services of somebody who relies on tips and then refuse to do it. Basically you a free loader. He said he should be able to go out and have a good time without the hassle of tipping people

I told him he’s a special kind of dikk head

How the coli feel about this?:jbhmm:

Dap ÷ Rep

As his boy, you had to speak truth to his dusty tendencies for his own good. What makes it more egregious is that he brought YOUR money back to you, denying the delivery guy money that wasn't even his.

Yeah, we'd have to talk. :mjlol:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
This is how I feel and never understood why people overthink and debate about the subject of tipping.

Most people I know that tip mostly do so out of convenience. For example, if I order food and my total is $17.68, I’d hand the delivery driver a $20 and keep it moving. I don’t like to carry small change and I also don’t want to stand there watching the delivery guy struggle with basic arithmetic.

Everybody wins
Til the server hits you with this lol
:lolbron:

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
i don't tip

:birdman:

That’s the real issue that people are underpaid.

Those are menial jobs, doesn't take a degree or PHD to drive a damn car or carry food from the kitchen to the front. Yo act as if these people are surgeons, CEOs & mathematicians. These jobs are jobs you do when you're a teen during summer break or weekends at college not a job you do for a freaking living when you pay rent and have kids. That's why they're minimum wage jobs, they require NO skills.

Last edited:
Daps
If you look at the human element, many people work tip jobs because they paying for school, paying for a child, or paying for extra bills. So based on that I think its fair to tip them to show appreciation.

Even if they doing none of the above and just doing it because they have no choice, its still fair to tip them as long as they not being a jerk. They clearly struggling to get by.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I tip because I have some friends that are in the food and bev industry so I know what they go through. I tend to agree with the "don't have enough for a tip, don't go out" crew. shyt, just order takeout and pick it up yourself.

But i have some friends that believe they're entitled to that tip regardless of service quality. That's where I tend to disagree. Them working at a place that doesn't pay a livable wage shouldn't equate to me giving them money if they did a horrible job.

My boy is a bartender, but that muthafukka will get pissed off if he has to a make anything other than beer or shots during big events. If it requires more than two ingredients, he'll cop an attitude. I'm like "nikka, you're about to walk out of here with damn near a g for 8 hours, you'll be fine with making that stupid ass girl a long island."

Last edited:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Definitely should tip people. That's only right. I hate going anyplace with cheapskates. My Aunt and Uncle are tightfisted like this and I always make sure to bring enough money to cover the tip when we go out since they won't contribute. They go to my church too and my uncle always does one of two things: he either asks the ushers to give him change from what he puts in the collection plate or he pretends like he doesn't see it's being passed to him at all smh

tenor.gif

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
So you cool with enforcing a broken system that preys on the lowest rungs of society.

Me not tipping helps these people understand the unfair system and gains more voices for the 15$ min wage.
I’m not enforcing anything that preys on the lowest rungs of society. You act like I’m talking about tipping people that dig ditches
:russ:

But you know damn well all the reasons you just gave aren’t really why you don’t tip. Your just using it as justification. You prolly weren’t tipping long before the idea of a $15 minimum wage even existed

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I’m not enforcing anything that preys on the lowest rungs of society. You act like I’m talking about tipping people that dig ditches
:russ:

But you know damn well all the reasons you just gave aren’t really why you don’t tip. Your just using it as justification. You prolly weren’t tipping long before the idea of a $15 minimum wage even existed

It's pretty simple. If you don't think you can afford to go out to eat AND tip or are just an a$$hole, don't go out. Cook it your damn self.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The same people in these tipping threads always saying "Just pay the employees more, I'd be glad to pay more for my food" are full of shyt and I guarantee buy tons of items on Amazon instead of going to a store where they'd pay more.:mjlol:.
Right. All it is is justification. I’d rather deal with reality than how it should be. And the reality is that there are jobs where people rely on tips
:yeshrug:

Also at the same time I ain’t trying to see the 2 for $20 at Applebee’s be increased to 2 for $50