People that refuse to tip are the worst

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
What does that have to do with...my post? I’m a progressive anyways my guy

IDGAF what they do in other countries. We tip here. You don’t tip, you’re a fukking fakkit. The end.

:francis:

Don’t use Canada in your arguments for unemployment benefits
Don’t use Japan in your arguments for gun control
Don’t use the UK in your arguments for universal health care

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
I’m conflicted :patrice:

on one hand I kind of agree with a lot of people that tipping is stupid and these companies should pay their employees more than pennies. So, maybe I shouldn’t leave a tip and stick it to the system, right?

Or maybe these companies don’t care if I tip or not and will continue paying 5 dollars an hour. And the only one that’s really getting hurt is the 30 year old single mother juggling 7 tables at once while I pay myself on the back for not falling inline with American tipping culture....
:patrice:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause you a weak ass nikka that cares what folks outside the race think. Cause your failure to tip properly is "making it hard for us hardworking good Black folks"....FOH outta here goofy
White people and rich people do not give a fukk if black people tip their black servers.

You go into a lot of restaurants with black staff and they'll be the first to tell you they avoid black customers.

So, let's try not framing this around white people for once.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
There is a difference of bringing an order to you and you having to drive to pick it up yourself. I might as well tip in the drive-thru if that's the case.
You can walk into Burger King. Order a meal. Sit down. And a server brings you your food. Are you tipping them? Of course not. Stop trying to make sense of a system that doesn't make any sense at all.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
White people and rich people do not give a fukk if black people tip their black servers.

You go into a lot of restaurants with black staff and they'll be the first to tell you they avoid black customers.

So, let's try not framing this around white people for once.
Not tip or not tip what they believe they should tip them? I’m just needing some clarification here cause obviously we tip. What no one is answering the latter

and the person I quoted framed it around black folks not tipping making it harder for other black folks and them having to make up the difference (having to over tip) of “broke nikkas” not tipping

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Me personally, I tip, but I think its a pretty dumb system. I would rather those workers get paid real living wages and my food cost more.

But if someone else doesn't wanna tip, I cant force them too.

just baked the fukking “tip” into the cost of the service and call it a day. Things need to be cashless so the second the transaction is made, the worker gets their tip immediately and there’s no danger of fukkery from the business so they don’t try to keep it or split it among employees.

Or here’s a bright idea: pay these motherfukkers normal wages. No one should be banking on some future stranger paying their “salary”

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
for regular service i tip 15%, that's baseline and i'll adjust up/down from that based on service.
i can't stand how they have the minimum help thing on receipts that show 18%, like wtf I remember that used to be 15% on some Mandela effect shyt.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
1* for flagrant stupidity and that's from a nikka that almost always tips 15%...

There are perfectly good reasons not to tip, you're not OWED a tip, you have to EARN the tip...

Somebody serve my food with a shytty attitude and gets my order wrong ain't getting a single penny from me...

What your employer pays you to serve my food ain't my problem, you're not entitled to anything more than that, you don't like it, find another job...

Last edited:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pro tip people just mad cause it’s actually people with a back bone who don’t tip. They’ve been programmed to tip and told they are good people for it. Don’t let their shaming tactics fool you into thinking they actually give a fukk.

The worst huh? Who’s second, Hitler?

Why are you supporting restaurants that basically use slave labor, is the real question.

lol at the poster who keeps track of black posters not knowing the history of black people and tipping :snoop:

“Tipping: An American Social History of Gratuities, wrote in 1902 that he was embarrassed to offer a tip to a white man. “Negroes take tips, of course; one expects that of them—it is a token of their inferiority,” he wrote. “Tips go with servility, and no man who is a voter in this country is in the least justified in being in service.”
The Racist History of Tipping

“Congress agreed to the deal, and the tipped minimum wage remains just $2.13 to this day. Employers are supposed to pay the difference if tips don’t bring workers to the full regular minimum wage. But too often that law is not enforced. When the Department of Labor conducted an unusual compliance sweep of 9,000 full-service restaurants between 2010 and 2012, they found that 84 percent had violated the subminimum wage system.“
:patrice:Support the worst restaurant owners brehs.

Or this...
“A century later, the industry lobby continues its fight to uphold this two-tiered pay system. Where social movements have gotten cities to pass minimum wage hikes, the lobby has pressured state legislatures to ban local wage increases altogether. The industry also fought to overturn voter-approved initiatives in Maine and Washington, D.C., that would have ended the subminimum tipped wage, while they lobbied legislators in Michigan to keep the issue from reaching the ballot in the first place.
pro tip people are confused. For all the vitriol against non tippers, where are the marches? Where are your signed petitions? Where are your letters to law makers?”
:patrice:

it’s ether for pro tipper I literally ever paragraph.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its to the point I don't like to go out with or associate with people who don't tip well. People who don't tip make the whole group look bad and cheap. Its a common courtesy and its a level of character judgement for people who don't tip.
See, this what I’m talking about, straight silliness.

Look cheap to who.... the fool getting $5 an hour, begging for a tip.

so if I don’t tip them I’m a broke boy, just like the servers you are “protecting”

indirectly shyt on people you are attempting to defend brehs.

this shyt writes itself.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Tipping is a dumb system, but I'll tip if I'm in a situation that "requires" it.
That being said I'm much more likely to do carryout instead of delivery/dine in.

Even then they'll try you though. The other day I ordered carryout on an app and they tried to default the tip to 15% :hhh:

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
you cheap and that's okay

own it and cut the bullshyt song and dance. it's not a charity it's an honour system of which non tippers have none and but y'all got a bag of excuses

now when those same restaurants start hating on non tippers you will be complaining but why would a server prefer your ass over someone else with courtesy? find a spot you like do that n try being a repeat customer. enjoy

:skip:

Why am I giving extra to someone that’s LITERALLY doing the job the signed up for? Most of the reason I don’t tip is because ppl expect me to do something that’s OPTIONAL.

Why is the U.S. one of the only places holding on to this antiquated “honor system?” Why is this the hill that so many people choose to die on? Why is it my fault that these people decided to work a job that they knew were gonna be paying them shyt when the signed up? Why is it legal that these organizations are legally able to pay their employees such shyt rates?

and no, me not tipping doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be eating out, nor does it mean I’m too broke to eat, nor does it mean that i should receive bad service

nothing to do with being cheap, 100% to do with me disagreeing with a system that is dumb