People talk crap about Phil Spencer but Jim Ryan is horrible

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Both are terrible and have pretty much put Sony in a 'dark period'. Phil Spencer was the one that wanted to turn PS into some multimedia focused device and was really pushing PS Home and turning PS into a more casual experience. Sony didn't get back on track until they got rid of him and Shuhei took over. Now, they got another Westerner in Ryan who doesn't really care about games and moreso comes from the perspective of an accountant and revenue first and he's whoring out the PS brand by making things increasingly multiplat and dumping microtransactions everywhere. PS does have a bit more games than xbox right now, but we don't know any real information about them. PS turned into some weird SJW machine where every game has to have some sort of trannie or gay character in it or something catering to the gay community like even in Ghost of Tsushima, they make sure to get a butt shot of your character when he gets in the hot spring. They even made the female character in Ratchet and Clank a lesbian.

Wut

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And its not even a matter of “right and wrong”, thats why I hate places like Era where if you don’t fall in line you’re done there. Thats why the left can’t get anything done because they got people that ain’t trying to live in reality.

I am 100% pro choice, i always have been. That doesn’t mean if im opening up a shop im only trying to serve people that agree with my political views. You would want me to put a sign on my business saying no conservatives/right wing customers allowed? Like, good luck with that.

Half this country is still pro-life, and thats America. Sony is a global company where people wouldn’t even openly discuss abortion in some countries it sells games.

Its just not realistic. It’s even more naive to believe it’s one person at one division at Sony enforcing this

For all we know Jim Ryan could be the biggest liberal on the planet and agree with everything Bungie and Insomniac says. That doesn’t mean he’s allowed to scream it from the mountaintops. He’s a ceo not an activist
It’s about having th power for change and not using it.

Jim Ryan is a very powerful person. If he ain’t working toward change, then he’s preserving the status quo for his own gain.

For change to happen people like Jim Ryan gotta push it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
more performative activism. Two developers came out, one from Respawn and one from Maxis, both EA companies and the actual response from journalist and era is basically a shoulder shrug.

They will spend 30 pages being mad about jim ryan saying nothing, (like all other CEO’s) but then not really give a damn when people do put their careers on the line for the cause.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
more performative activism. Two developers came out, one from Respawn and one from Maxis, both EA companies and the actual response from journalist and era is basically a shoulder shrug.

They will spend 30 pages being mad about jim ryan saying nothing, (like all other CEO’s) but then not really give a damn when people do put their careers on the line for the cause.

Can't take them serious. They not about nothing bunch of weirdos with no social like looking for cool points on the internet to get their little shot of dopamine each day.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s about having th power for change and not using it.

Jim Ryan is a very powerful person. If he ain’t working toward change, then he’s preserving the status quo for his own gain.

For change to happen people like Jim Ryan gotta push it.

What power do you think Jim Ryan has in this situation?

These same companies have come out in support of gun control after every single shooting, and not a fukking thing has changed.

I could honestly care less about whatever the fukk Jim Ryan thinks about abortion. I care quite a bit more about what my local government and representation has to say about it, because that's where this bullshyt stops.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What power do you think Jim Ryan has in this situation?

These same companies have come out in support of gun control after every single shooting, and not a fukking thing has changed.

I could honestly care less about whatever the fukk Jim Ryan thinks about abortion. I care quite a bit more about what my local government and representation has to say about it, because that's where this bullshyt stops.
At the very least he has power over the couple thousand employees under him.

Beyond that, we all know how much power corporations have over our government. We have seen plenty of examples of large corporations influencing policy.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the very least he has power over the couple thousand employees under him.

Beyond that, we all know how much power corporations have over our government. We have seen plenty of examples of large corporations influencing policy.

Ok, but if you're Sony, and you're aware of how a lot of conservative outlets are actively looking for reasons to both piss off their viewers/readers and go after the gaming industry, why bother with making it look like you're forcing pro choice politics on whatever portion of your workforce that doesn't want it? Is it worth flirting with a lawsuit if it comes out that they refused donation match for employees who donated to pro life organizations, but not pro choice?

And while large companies do have influence, they don't have unilateral influence. For example, food companies can throw their weight around regarding policies that could effect safety standards for meat, but even their most effective representatives will get laughed directly out of the fukking room if they decided they wanted to do anything regarding immigration other than making a donation. Sony might be able to get shyt done when it comes to maybe adjusting tax on products produced overseas sold in here, or fighting further ratings restrictions that could effect where and how games are sold. But this? They have little to no power, because they have nothing of consequence to offer in return.

Again, all he really said was that in this issue, employees need to respect everyone's opinions, even if they don't agree with them, and keep Sony out of arguments online.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ok, but if you're Sony, and you're aware of how a lot of conservative outlets are actively looking for reasons to both piss off their viewers/readers and go after the gaming industry, why bother with making it look like you're forcing pro choice politics on whatever portion of your workforce that doesn't want it? Is it worth flirting with a lawsuit if it comes out that they refused donation match for employees who donated to pro life organizations, but not pro choice?

And while large companies do have influence, they don't have unilateral influence. For example, food companies can throw their weight around regarding policies that could effect safety standards for meat, but even their most effective representatives will get laughed directly out of the fukking room if they decided they wanted to do anything regarding immigration other than making a donation. Sony might be able to get shyt done when it comes to maybe adjusting tax on products produced overseas sold in here, or fighting further ratings restrictions that could effect where and how games are sold. But this? They have little to no power, because they have nothing of consequence to offer in return.

Again, all he really said was that in this issue, employees need to respect everyone's opinions, even if they don't agree with them, and keep Sony out of arguments online.
Yeah, he chose money over standing for the right thing.

Precisely why shyt don’t change in this country. It’s all about the money.

He don’t need you to defend him :smh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, he chose money over standing for the right thing.

Precisely why shyt don’t change in this country. It’s all about the money.

He don’t need you to defend him :smh:

I'm not defending him, because I really don't give a shyt about his existence in general.

I'm merely pointing out that it's stupid to have this much anger for a fukking company, and not direct it at the elected officials who are ACTUALLY responsible for this dumb shyt. Anger without proper focus serves no one but those who oppose you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not defending him, because I really don't give a shyt about his existence in general.

I'm merely pointing out that it's stupid to have this much anger for a fukking company, and not direct it at the elected officials who are ACTUALLY responsible for this dumb shyt. Anger without proper focus serves no one but those who oppose you.
The people doing the anger have all the smoke for everyone involved.

If you don’t care, your comments are unneeded :manny:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people doing the anger have all the smoke for everyone involved.

If you don’t care, your comments are unneeded :manny:

You sure? Because this sure does look like people expecting entertainment companies to do the jobs of elected officials.