People talk crap about Phil Spencer but Jim Ryan is horrible

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

Jim Ryan apologizing for following up an email with a tangent about his cats is probably the most you should even expect to get. I'm assuming the root of that email was that there were in-company complaints hence it being an internal email about fighting amongst Sony staff about these issues. It was probably drafted as a response from the HR department pretty much telling them to stop fighting about it at the workplace. Jim Ryan probably just didn't want it to seem like he was scolding them so he inserted the lighthearted story about his cats, as goofy as it is it wasn't dismissive or malicious. I'm pro-choice also and i'd probably debate someone on it if they brought it up to me, but I 100% don't expect my playstation and any company i buy products from to make their stance known in order to ease my conscious about it. Thats not their place. The people who need to be made known how important the issue are your state legislators who control your local laws. If this passes through on a federal level thats who you need to be concerned about, not your playstation.

this point is also funny because there was absolutely no backlash to Nintendo now closing down it's Nintendo 3DS and Wii U stores, and those consoles are still far more active than the PS3 and Vita. Not even a peep from all the "waah sony is anti-consumer" crowd, and this is even knowing NIntendo doesn't have any sort of backwards compatibility program, don't offer 3ds, Wii or Wii-u titles in any kind of service, and most likely never will because they will continue porting them at full price. Its like, sit there and praise nintendo for outselling every other console while eating all their anti-consumer shyt and their complete silence on any type of social issues.

Nintendo Support: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation Q&A

Era and gaming media's hard-on for Jim Ryan is just getting weird at this point. People are getting so desperate to paint a narrative that he's as bad as Don Mattrick was for Xbox but none of that has come to fruition with playstation. Everything Jim Ryan has done so far has been better for Sony and consumers.

Yeah, that's another thing that weirds me out about stuff like this. If we're being completely honest, if motherfukkers have more smoke for some random dipshyt CEO of a gaming company (via Twitter, at that) than they do for the actual elected officials that are causing these issues, then they're part of the problem.

fukk is Jim Ryan gonna do, throw a DualSense at the problem? Instead, it'd be nice to see these people get involved with their LOCAL elections, where they can actut make the most impact. How the fukk most of these people haven't figured out that those are of equal or greater importance after two terms and change of fukkery blockades makes no sense to me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I called Nintendo out for that. I can’t speak to what others do.
Nintendo discontinuing 3DS and Wii U eShop access in 2023

The truth is when people say things like they aren’t taking a position or aren’t going to take a political side they are taking a political side. You’ll often find that when an issue means enough those same people suddenly become unafraid to take a side. Peoples desire to dabble into politics directly relates to how the issue impacts them.

I guarantee you if when George Floyd was killed by the police such a CEO said they should respect all sides and opinions on police and race relations and kept their employees from expressing their feelings on it some of the same people here giving this company and this executive a pass for fence sitting would be laying into them over that.

I won’t say his desire to remain neutral is entirely wrong but it is an act of cowardice and it ultimately does take a side by supporting the status quo meaning it’s support for pro-lifers that want to strip women of their right to choose what happens in their bodies and force rape victims to bring babies they didn’t want or choose to have to term.

Yes Jim Ryan, stop being a fukking coward and stand up for pro choice. :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The truth is when people say things like they aren’t taking a position or aren’t going to take a political side they are taking a political side. You’ll often find that when an issue means enough those same people suddenly become unafraid to take a side. Peoples desire to dabble into politics directly relates to how the issue impacts them.

I guarantee you if when George Floyd was killed by the police such a CEO said they should respect all sides and opinions on police and race relations and kept their employees from expressing their feelings on it some of the same people here giving this company and this executive a pass for fence sitting would be laying into them over that.

I won’t say his desire to remain neutral is entirely wrong but it is an act of cowardice and it ultimately does take a side by supporting the status quo meaning it’s support for pro-lifers that want to strip women of their right to choose what happens in their bodies and force rape victims to bring babies they didn’t want or choose to have to term.

Okay, but it took George Floyd damn near being the star of a snuff film for companies to be moved to the base level of saying "Maybe racism is bad, guys." And even then, it only happened after it was clear that only a vocal minority opposed that viewpoint, and it was pretty tough to argue against a cop killing a someone who wasn't presenting a lethal threat.

This is a completely different and far more complicated situation, even though it shouldn't be. And I'm really not looking to the head of a videogame company to willingly wade into the shyt hole of having to explain how fukked up it is that a rape victim is required to bring a child of that rape to term, or how my fiancee and I would need to prepare for her possible death in a complicated or non viable pregnancy.

I agree that there are a lot of people that are ducking the smoke and need to be called out for it, but Jim Ryan is so far down the list that it's fukking irrelevant.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Jesus Christ you sound like an entire bytch right now. Like it's getting annoying reading your rants about everything to some extreme. Just sell your Playstation and stick to Xbox, always fukking complaining.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Jesus Christ you sound like an entire bytch right now. Like it's getting annoying reading your rants about everything to some extreme. Just sell your Playstation and stick to Xbox, always fukking complaining.

I was trying to be nice about it but yeah…its like staring directly into the butthole of resetera reading his post

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was trying to be nice about it but yeah…its like staring directly into the butthole of resetera reading his post
Seriously, this nikka is so annoying like why the fukk are y'all even entertaining this weirdo? You want Jim Ryan to come out with a special PS Direct to say "I am Pro Abortion! Anyone who doesn't agree with this view is a FASCIST!"

The dude sometimes is insufferable and the reason why I literally never went back to Resetera to even read threads like this after years.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

I hate this point whenever I see someone make it, because this was exactly the status quo for DECADES until the George Floyd case.

And we all know they only said something because it was an easy opportunity for good press.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hate this point whenever I see someone make it, because this was exactly the status quo for DECADES until the George Floyd case.

And we all know they only said something because it was an easy opportunity for good press.

And it’s not like they’ve done it since. They didn’t put out any statement for the recent shooting.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really don't like that being brought up in this case for a couple of reasons. For one, it really does stink of "If black people got this support, why doesn't this issue?"

And secondly, they're just two completely different issues. I can absolutely guarantee you that there are people that have been down for the cause on shyt like racism, income inequality, housing, immigration, and gay and trans rights that will absolutely pump the brakes on abortion. Hell, there are people that are pro choice that still have complicated views on the act itself.

Definitely a far cry from the world as a whole accepting, after over 150 years, all us black folks might just have a point about policing.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
And it’s not like they’ve done it since. They didn’t put out any statement for the recent shooting.

They haven't, but this is still an emerging story. I won't be surprised if we get some sort of clout chasey blog post on the matter.

They won't make a real substantial move because they know some of these people are their customers and probably their employees too.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, that's another thing that weirds me out about stuff like this. If we're being completely honest, if motherfukkers have more smoke for some random dipshyt CEO of a gaming company (via Twitter, at that) than they do for the actual elected officials that are causing these issues, then they're part of the problem.

fukk is Jim Ryan gonna do, throw a DualSense at the problem? Instead, it'd be nice to see these people get involved with their LOCAL elections, where they can actut make the most impact. How the fukk most of these people haven't figured out that those are of equal or greater importance after two terms and change of fukkery blockades makes no sense to me.
Negged for making sense

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

This isn’t exactly true. Corporations hold lots of power over politicians. Legislation has been changed directly through large corporations condemnation.

Furthermore as the head of a large corporation he has an obligation to his employees. This type of legislation will effect a large portion of his employees lives.

Silencing them and himself is effectively forced support of the topic.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn’t exactly true. Corporations hold lots of power over politicians. Legislation has been changed directly through large corporations condemnation.

Furthermore as the head of a large corporation he has an obligation to his employees. This type of legislation will effect a large portion of his employees lives.

Silencing them and himself is effectively forced support of the topic.

Right, but video game companies don't have the clout to throw around like that. How the fukk you gonna spend most of your time on here questioning Sony's competence as a video game publisher, and then act like they can credibly lobby for abortion rights? :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Right, but video game companies don't have the clout to throw around like that. How the fukk you gonna spend most of your time on here questioning Sony's competence as a video game publisher, and then act like they can credibly lobby for abortion rights? :mjlol:
They don’t necessarily have to lobby for abortion rights.

There are things they could/should do for their employees. At the very least not silence them from lobbying for themselves.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t necessarily have to lobby for abortion rights.

There are things they could/should do for their employees. At the very least not silence them from lobbying for themselves.

But they're still able to support their desired causes, and donate as they please, with matching. They just don't want people to get dragged into public discourse about it, because people are fukking crazy out here.