People talk crap about Phil Spencer but Jim Ryan is horrible

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Here we go again. More embarrassingly bad policies that it’s obvious will lead to negative PR and more than likely a company apology/reversal. Does nobody sit down with this guy and go “dammit Jim if we do this it’s just gonna make us look bad and we’ll end up reversing it anyway. Not worth eroding our brand goodwill for the attempt.”

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:russ:At least Ryan gives us games

Phil been lying for 8 Years promising new games but that’s Gucci???? :laff:

xabIEeQ_d.webp

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Xbox has no games… multiplayer is on point. I run multiplayers on my X and single players on the 5…works for me

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:At least Ryan gives us games

Phil been lying for 8 Years promising new games but that’s Gucci???? :laff:

xabIEeQ_d.webp

I know you were at least half joking, but this is really the difference. Hard for a lot of people to stay mad at Sony when they're still giving people the games they want, and have shown they'll go back on whatever dumb shyt they did if they absolutely have to.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know you were at least half joking, but this is really the difference. Hard for a lot of people to stay mad at Sony when they're still giving people the games they want, and have shown they'll go back on whatever dumb shyt they did if they absolutely have to.
Always has been and always will be about games

That’s why PlayStation has and always will be okay

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Always has been and always will be about games

That’s why PlayStation has and always will be okay

Yep, even Resetera know for as mad as they will ever get at Sony and start talking about boycotts, as soon as they announce a god of war state of play they get amnesia.

I will never understand caring about a CEO’s opinion. Its like people threatening to leave twitter due to Elon Musk. Like shut up, you aren’t going anywhere.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
More anti-abortionist to add to your list @winb83

Fire Andrew Wilson!

At least somebody is calling them to task but it's the usual suspects. Trans people out here complaining about rights rollbacks. This all started when they used the Supreme Court to roll back the voting rights act and it's snowballed from there. Now they openly out here rolling back people's legal rights like it's nothing.

These companies not really gonna say shyt because them taking a stance isn't to them worth alienating a customer.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At least somebody is calling them to task but it's the usual suspects. Trans people out here complaining about rights rollbacks. This all started when they used the Supreme Court to roll back the voting rights act and it's snowballed from there. Now they openly out here rolling back people's legal rights like it's nothing.

These companies not really gonna say shyt because them taking a stance isn't to them worth alienating a customer.

Yeah, thats how businesses work.

I haven’t heard Dave Thomas’ opinion on the matter though

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

If you're looking to corporations to be moral leaders then I don't know what to tell you. They will always value money over doing what's right. All of them. All the time. They'll put out a little press release or tweet while the execs are donating to GOP PACS and shyt. Look at Disney. Look at what just happened with State Farm.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're looking to corporations to be moral leaders then I don't know what to tell you. They will always value money over doing what's right. All of them. All the time. They'll put out a little press release or tweet while the execs are donating to GOP PACS and shyt. Look at Disney. Look at what just happened with State Farm.

True story. And the fact is, even though I vehemently disagree with the opinions of some of these a$$holes out here, it doesn't mean they're completely disqualified from having access to forms of entertainment.

These people might not be ideal customers for these companies, but they're customers nonetheless, and these companies will always try to make themselves a viable option for as many of them as possible.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
True story. And the fact is, even though I vehemently disagree with the opinions of some of these a$$holes out here, it doesn't mean they're completely disqualified from having access to forms of entertainment.

These people might not be ideal customers for these companies, but they're customers nonetheless, and these companies will always try to make themselves a viable option for as many of them as possible.

And its not even a matter of “right and wrong”, thats why I hate places like Era where if you don’t fall in line you’re done there. Thats why the left can’t get anything done because they got people that ain’t trying to live in reality.

I am 100% pro choice, i always have been. That doesn’t mean if im opening up a shop im only trying to serve people that agree with my political views. You would want me to put a sign on my business saying no conservatives/right wing customers allowed? Like, good luck with that.

Half this country is still pro-life, and thats America. Sony is a global company where people wouldn’t even openly discuss abortion in some countries it sells games.

Its just not realistic. It’s even more naive to believe it’s one person at one division at Sony enforcing this

For all we know Jim Ryan could be the biggest liberal on the planet and agree with everything Bungie and Insomniac says. That doesn’t mean he’s allowed to scream it from the mountaintops. He’s a ceo not an activist

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Both are terrible and have pretty much put Sony in a 'dark period'. Phil Spencer was the one that wanted to turn PS into some multimedia focused device and was really pushing PS Home and turning PS into a more casual experience. Sony didn't get back on track until they got rid of him and Shuhei took over. Now, they got another Westerner in Ryan who doesn't really care about games and moreso comes from the perspective of an accountant and revenue first and he's whoring out the PS brand by making things increasingly multiplat and dumping microtransactions everywhere. PS does have a bit more games than xbox right now, but we don't know any real information about them. PS turned into some weird SJW machine where every game has to have some sort of trannie or gay character in it or something catering to the gay community like even in Ghost of Tsushima, they make sure to get a butt shot of your character when he gets in the hot spring. They even made the female character in Ratchet and Clank a lesbian.