People no longer believe working hard will lead to a better life

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This is the participation trophy generation. Everyone wants a medal without doing any of the work. I remember growing up my dad telling me as a man you're job is to work hard and you're not gonna be able to take your first vacation until you're in your 40s.

These cats nowadays expect shyt handed to them. I think the bullshyt they follow on social media is a big part of the problem. A lot of people are being lied to daily by their favorite content creators about how wonderful their lives are.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Unless you get into medicine, high finance or engineering, or big law, which are all hard things to do well, you won’t really have a better life.

Home purchasing is the detractor here.
Home ownership looking like it’s about to be out of reach for the average person soon :wow:

If you made $50k in 2014, you’re in the exact same spot in terms of purchasing power as someone who makes $150k right now when you factor in trying to buy a home. You’ll have the same lifestyle as someone fresh out of college ten years ago, if you’re a senior level engineering manager today and don’t have a home already.

That’s how money works. :manny:

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
It won't...and it never did. Some of the hardest working people in society are broke. People are working 2 or 3 jobs just to afford the basics. That shyt was something rich people came up with to convince everyone else to work harder for them.

Don't work hard. Work smart.

That should hit the nail on the head.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Work hard and still end up laid off when boss needs to cut payroll. No, working hard doesn’t guarantee shyt, if you’re working for someone else, do the bare minimum to keep an acceptable rating in reviews and KIM

Doing the bare minimum will keep you from climbing the ladder though. I know a lot of people who do the bare minimum and they go nowhere in life. People working at Walmart all throughout their 20s and 30s, next thing you know, they're still working the same position at 70

If you do the bare minimum how will you job hop and get a 30% raise?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It won't...and it never did. Some of the hardest working people in society are broke. People are working 2 or 3 jobs just to afford the basics. That shyt was something rich people came up with to convince everyone else to work harder for them.

Don't work hard. Work smart.

This doesn't make any sense. Both of those go hand in hand.

Work hard to develop a system, then work smart to use that system for an cushy office job.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is the participation trophy generation. Everyone wants a medal without doing any of the work. I remember growing up my dad telling me as a man you're job is to work hard and you're not gonna be able to take your first vacation until you're in your 40s.

These cats nowadays expect shyt handed to them. I think the bullshyt they follow on social media is a big part of the problem. A lot of people are being lied to daily by their favorite content creators about how wonderful their lives are.
:huhldup: That sounds awful

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Its really enabling people to subscribe to nonsense.

This shyt got people's brains cooked.

The bizarre part is most of this board is like IT work from home gang.

I thought u had 2 be smart 2 do that shyt :russ:
Maybe not leaving the house and being social media junkies have them all the way twisted :picard:

If you only subscribed to all the BS being pumped online you would think the society is over and the sky is falling.

People need to go outside FR FR.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
This doesn't make any sense. Both of those go hand in hand.

Work hard to develop a system, then work smart to use that system for an cushy office job.
Anytime someone says “Don’t work hard, work smart” ask them to expound on it.

They will then list off feats that require hard work, if they don’t retort with some bullshyt non-answer like: “If I have to tell you then you already lost, etc.”, because there is no shortcut for hard work, regardless of the route.

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why work hard when some little 10 year old prick is a millionaire of reviewing toys on YouTube.
Because working hard can still improve your situation. It has nothing to do with that 10 year old, hater.
Or a girl disrespects her mother on Dr Phil and becomes a millionaire... while you love and respect your mom's and you aint got shyt.
Who is supposed to pay you for respecting your parents? :dwillhuh:

:umad: