People having kids before they acquire wealth is backwards thinking

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Having children comes with extreme responsibility and financial sacrifice
It is easier to become wealthy being a broke college student or young professional who are childless, then it is when you have kids AND broke :mindblown:. To me that is the number 1 reason for poverty in America

This is why I don't believe in making the minimum wage higher, no way should everyone pay for some people's bad decisions

Clicked play on the first video and I don't know if I can finish it.

The shyt is misleading as fukk. They're touting that this woman bought her house for 60K in 1968 as if that's cheap. That's equivalent to $430K today. That's shyt was expensive as fukk in 1968. That's a rich nikka neighborhood and it stayed a rich nikka neighborhood.

fukk them rich nikkas if they wanna play $800K for homes there. :yeshrug:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
How can you be intelligent & responsible and bring an innocent life into poverty and struggle? .

fukk outta here my guy.....

My parents had me before they were ready.... and I had to be raised by my grandmother for the majority of my childhood.

But things shouldn't be that way.

Chad and Brad being born into resources and opportunities and you ain't going to try to build something up for your child before they get here? Man.... most children are destined for failure as soon as they take their first breath and it's not even their fault

Building takes a life time. Unless you're born into wealth or you're a financial genius or an athlete you won't have something built in your 30's.

However, if you're a reasonable guy, you will have something in process.

Last edited:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Building takes a life time. Unless you're born into wealth or you're financial genius or an athlete you won't have something built in your 30's.

Breh ..... you don't need a seven-figure empire.

But if you dont even have $1,000 to your name..... don't be having any children

I love kids bro.

They don't ask to be here.... And if they could.... they wouldn't willingly sign up for struggle and poverty

As a community..... we already start at a losing position...... why put a child through that additional struggle?

That's just cruel and unusual punishment

Daps
How can you be intelligent & responsible and bring an innocent life into poverty and struggle? .

fukk outta here my guy.....

My parents had me before they were ready.... and I had to be raised by my grandmother for the majority of my childhood.

But things shouldn't be that way.

Chad and Brad being born into resources and opportunities and you ain't going to try to build something up for your child before they get here? Man.... most children are destined for failure as soon as they take their first breath and it's not even their fault
This is correct, and it's because the existing governments keep the masses in poverty.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
In some cases it can be argued that YOUTH trumps WEALTH when it comes to having children, especially if u are a woman.

Some ppl are lucky enough to obtain "wealth" at an early age, some ppl it takes awhile even if u are on the right "path"

And there is no set amount of money that anybody can name that will ensure u will be able to provide for your children.

The best advice i can give is at least be able to take care of yourself before u have kids that's about as basic as i can put it

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
Stupid way of thinking. Adversary builds character. Pressure makes diamonds. What about all the self made millionaires and billionaires who grew up less fortunate. Extremely selfish, so basically you would have an abortion if money isn’t right. That’s murder in some countries. At the end of the day it’s your own intuition but I’m confident in myself to make my fortunate and grow with my child. I did have 50,000 cash liquid when I had my son but money isn’t everything and I was 25. My first born is 3 months old.. but ya all in all majority don’t have wealth so basically with your logic they’re wouldn’t be a lot of children. I understand in the states because it’s babylon, but the canadian government give all mothers 10k a year for 18 years + 5k on the provincial level every year for 18 years.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Breh ..... you don't need a seven-figure empire.

But if you dont even have $1,000 to your name..... don't be having any children

I love kids bro.

They don't ask to be here.... And if they could.... they wouldn't willingly sign up for struggle and poverty

As a community..... we already start at a losing position...... why put a child through that additional struggle?

That's just cruel and unusual punishment

We agree on that.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So many focused on the wording of "wealth" completely missing the point of the thread...

-can you afford diapers, food, typical care and needs for your family without stressing if your card will decline or borrowing money
-can you afford a stable roof over your families head without stressing rent
-can you afford stable transportation/ bills paid on time
-can you you save a little after all this is paid for, especially for emergencies

if you can have a good credit score (bills paid on time, little to no debt), provide for your family not worrying about when the next check is coming and put away money for the future of your family

thats wealth for most people

yall caught up on the wording of the title, but missing the point. Only "1%" truly reach wealth, thats why its called the 1%... 99% wont make it.. but that doesnt mean that the 99% cant also maintain a good life style with smarter choices.

No one wants to be held accountable for their actions throughout their life. The word "responsible" is almost phased out of the world.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Stupid way of thinking. Adversary builds character. Pressure makes diamonds. What about all the self made millionaires and billionaires who grew up less fortunate. Extremely selfish, so basically you would have an abortion if money isn’t right. That’s murder in some countries. At the end of the day it’s your own intuition but I’m confident in myself to make my fortunate and grow with my child. I did have 50,000 cash liquid when I had my son but money isn’t everything and I was 25. My first born is 3 months old.. but ya all in all majority don’t have wealth so basically with your logic they’re wouldn’t be a lot of children. I understand in the states because it’s babylon, but the canadian government give all mothers 10k a year for 18 years + 5k on the provincial level every year for 18 years.

Make your kids suffer on purpose, brehs

Make intentional poverty the blueprint to make driven children brehs

What if you lost the biological ability to have kids? Would you commit suicide?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
So many focused on the wording of "wealth" completely missing the point of the thread...

-can you afford diapers, food, typical care and needs for your family without stressing if your card will decline or borrowing money
-can you afford a stable roof over your families head without stressing rent
-can you afford stable transportation/ bills paid on time
-can you you save a little after all this is paid for, especially for emergencies

if you can have a good credit score (bills paid on time, little to no debt), provide for your family not worrying about when the next check is coming and put away money for the future of your family

thats wealth for most people

yall caught up on the wording of the title, but missing the point. Only "1%" truly reach wealth, thats why its called the 1%... 99% wont make it.. but that doesnt mean that the 99% cant also maintain a good life style with smarter choices.

No one wants to be held accountable for their actions throughout their life. The word "responsible" is almost phased out of the world.

giphy.gif

Thank you, hold this rep

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No. That's not the cause of poverty.

And having kids when you're strong and young is reconnecting with nature.
Waiting to be rich or to acquire "wealth" to have kids is stupid.

Young, strong, broke, and lacking of true wisdom. Yeah, like that worked for previous generations of black folk :beli:

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
Make your kids suffer on purpose, brehs

Make intentional poverty the blueprint to make driven children brehs

What if you lost the biological ability to have kids? Would you commit suicide?
Wtf you talking about clown?

You know you don’t have to be wealthy to NOT live in poverty ?

Also stop fishing for daps it’s not that serious there’s more to life then the Coli .

Mental stability and being driving should be more to raising a child then money , by your logic your not different then IG thots who get pregnant by altheles ...

And I’m speaking about life in general people change and strive and prosper with way more focus once they have children..

My kids won’t suffer financially , we’re on earth so we’ll all suffer in some way regardless of financial stability..

Just like how you suffer mentally because your brain peice is no good

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Life is more than having kids and financially struggling. Peole who dont have actual hobbies, interests, and other forms of personal development and think that kids comes before anything else. Without goals, without ambition, without vision.

The movie Idiocracy is the truth about this.

Imagine if some people biologically lost the ability to have kids, what would they do? Commit suicide, or make the most out of life and to improve the quality of living for others?

Some people are just selfish.

This needs it's own thread. Would be a great hypothetical question for everyone

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Human production isn't free and if you don't have the means, yea it's a pretty bad fukking decision

taking care of a child requires energy. money factors into the equation, but to make it the be all and end all just isn’t a sound argument.

I don't think "brainwashing through higher education" is happening.
And population reduction ideas for Africa are terrible, genocidal and ill-conceived.
Educated people are also paid less and under far more debt burden (in the US) than any other time in history

blah blah blah, educated ppl lost, so how are they really educated? :mjgrin:
does education only exist in the vacuum of its institution? or can it be a thing without it?

another example is the pc culture that’s stemming from the universities. it’s telling ppl to think in a kind of oneness that doesn’t exist in the real world. :ld:

when a person goes to school and they are taught that segregation is over because it was a bad thing, then go back to their all white neighborhood, and still believe what they were told while ignoring the fact that ppl prefer to live with their own kind, it causes what a lot of white ppl refer to as white guilt. fact is desegregation had a lot of negative effects. im not saying it shouldn’t have happened, but it had its drawbacks.

maybe you’ll correct my lack of nuance, but i failed spanish class in high school (and most classes for that matter). i was talking to a friend of mine who’s a teacher and she told me she got all a’s in spanish. neither of us speak spanish. somebody gotta change somebody’s grade :usure:

point im making is k-12 is trash and higher education doesn’t do anything to reverse it. america simply does not teach their ppl how the world works. they teach them that we progressed from a barbaric past and we’re better now.

if it’s one thing the layman is rejecting is that ideology, hence the resonance of make america great again, because we’re becoming more callous in the way we see the world, not nuanced. you could see it in the very way i talk to you and how we talk to each other.

if i reject it rhetorically and become less callous, i run the risk of losing the ear of my ppl. but things do need to change and we need to take back something we lost.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
No one can ever truly afford kids. No matter how much you make financial adjustments will have to be made. Besides you can have all the money in the world but it means nothing if you can’t provide the mental and emotional stability. That’s worth way more than anything money can provide. You look at most fukked up families and guarantee it’s not due to a lack of money but a lack of love