People from St. Louis don’t have a Southern accent

Supper

All Star
Daps
and they still kept their countryness and accents. that’s crazy

Only the AADOS pop did. White Houstonians(if we talkin city proper only) ain't "country"/southern nor do the vast majority of them have a "houston" accent at all.

Not to mention the other %55 of the pop that ain't aados or white american at all.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Only the AADOS pop did. White Houstonians ain't "country"/southern nor do the vast majority of them have a "houston" accent at all.

Not to mention the other %55 of the pop that ain't aados or white american at all.

Does it make sense that blacks folks are labeled as country in a city while every other race in that city is considered urban?

Sort of feels low in a sense doesn’t it?

what if an Asian or Hispanic said “Those black folks in our city are country”.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
tumblr_of9tftDuAT1shjuxjo8_r1_400.gif

:mjgrin:

shyt like this makes me miss the 2Ks sometimes :mjlol:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Does it make sense that blacks folks are labeled as country in a city while every other race in that city is considered urban?

Sort of feels low in a sense doesn’t it?

what if an Asian or Hispanic said “Those black folks in our city are country”.

It be like that, tho.

Houston is very unique in that regard.

The foundation population was (black/white)southern in nature. The old gen southern whites left and were replaced by euro immigrants and northern transplants, with a few of the old gen being desouthernized as generations went on.

Hispanics and Asians and other immigrant groups, who obviously ain't southern became the majority and mostly intergrate into the generic modern urban metropolis culture by the second gen(or in hispanics case heavily adopt aados culture if they don't rise up the economic ladder) .

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't exactly say that aados houstonians are "country", cuz that would be an insult to our cousins in rural east tx who actually DO live a country lifestyle. AADOS houstonians are definitely still urban, but it'd be a lie to say there aren't significant rural/rurban influences in our culture and tradition as well. And we definitely are uniquely SOUTHERN in a way all other houstonian communities aren't, because they came here later after "Jim Crow" Houston.

All you have to do is look at a map of the racial demographics of Houston or the chart of rate of interracial marriage to see that AADOS houstonians are largely isolated from the modern urban melting pot of houston.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
DJ Quik put that tag on STL on a national level with "Jus Lyke Compton".
"Moving on to St. Louis, where they country as fukk
With gold teeth in they mouth but they still know what's up
Where it's hot as a muthafukka, hot enough to make ya cuss
That's why I kept my ass on the bus"

@BrownBunny

Supper

All Star
Daps

@BrownBunny

:lolbron:

You posted the edited version.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

@BrownBunny

Nelly screamed on the rapper Domino for not shouting out or claiming STL when he came out.

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
If someone from St Louis came to me I would immediately know they aren’t southern.

that “thurrrr” “hurrrr” accent is officially related to the Midwest to me.

That’s all I heard from the black folks in Ferguson after that cop killing for weeks on TV.
Ignorant post. Hurr thurr represents upper south accents only, that's just some shyt st Louis picked up by proximity. Same with DC.
Did you all fail the same middle school geography test? What the hell is a country accent to you because not even Tennessee and Arkansas are competing with accents from the Deep South or the Appalachian region.
Ironic post. :mjlol:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
HOW BOUT KC?

NELLY SOUND LIKE HE GOT A ALIGHT ACCENT TO ME BUT WHEN I HEAR TECH N9NE TALK HE SOUNDS LIKE HE CAN BE FROM CALI

Supper

All Star
Daps
Ignorant post. Hurr thurr represents upper south accents only, that's just some shyt st Louis picked up by proximity. Same with DC.

Wait? :dwillhuh:

DC say hurr/thurr too?lol

I thought that was only some INLAND upper south shyt. I ain't know coastal upper south talk like that too.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Very poor reading comprehension. Obviously you’re right!

I’m relating the “thurrr” sound to the city that’s famously known for it which so happens to be a midwestern city. Never said anything about it’s origins.

Last edited:

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps

Ironic in what way? I’m trying to understand how he defines country because the accents are much thicker in this areas. You’re an idiot if you disagree.

Of course Tennessee and Arkansas are the South, the dark red states are classified as the Deep South. Appalachian accent is the rednecks from West Virginia. Idiot. You failed along with them.
2560px-The_South_and_Deep_South.png

HOW BOUT KC?

NELLY SOUND LIKE HE GOT A ALIGHT ACCENT TO ME BUT WHEN I HEAR TECH N9NE TALK HE SOUNDS LIKE HE CAN BE FROM CALI
Nelly moved to STL as teenager. He’s from fukking Texas, his accent has nothing to do with us. KC is a smaller city with less to offer than STL. I just listened to a Tech Nine sounds like he sounds like he could be from STL. That’s normal accent for someone who isn’t a dumb hood booger.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps

@BrownBunny

Our Winters are brutally cold like every other Midwestern state and the weather is unpredictable. Give of take a few degrees and an inch or two of snow, our weather is identical to Chicago. When I go to school an hour north of Chicago in Indiana, I don’t feel a significant difference from home. It’s still 60 degrees in STL.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Ghetto ass Northside AAVE is not a Southern accent

I don’t know anything about the “hur thur” some of you all were insisting on.

Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the...-himself-country.776517/page-28#post-37495301

You sound like you was concentrating hard on enunciating the words right lmao, go with your instincts, ma!

Yes when Air conditioners were invented the south started rising with a vengeance.

Also LA would have been the largest city in America if NYC didn’t annex Brooklyn and Queens. @murksiderock @KodeBlue

LA is GOAT, the amount of culture to come from the city in just basically 120 years is amazing, it was just becoming a midsize city in 1900. All these cities either had head starts on LA or more appreciable histories prior, and the ones who didn't like Phoenix, ain't anywhere near as influential domestically or internationally...

The only city LA has to track is NY and that was my point in the other thread, LA is closer to NY than anybody has been in centuries. NY got the age and the legacy but its clear they the only two cities that can really compare to each other...

Miami has a similar track as LA but its reach and pizazz ain't quite on the same level as LA yet...