People from St. Louis don’t have a Southern accent

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
Nope. Memphis is significantly cliser
Memphis and West Memphis, Arkansas have the thickest and countriest accents I've heard out of all the South. So it make sense that there is spillover into St. Louis.
Did you all fail the same middle school geography test? What the hell is a country accent to you because not even Tennessee and Arkansas are competing with accents from the Deep South or the Appalachian region.

Tennessee and Arkansas are the South, not the Deep South
2560px-The_South_and_Deep_South.png

Last edited:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Atlanta finna end up like NY in about 20-50 years

if every Borough was separated they would each be one of the largest cities in the country (except Staten Island)

But even Suburban ass Staten Island has almost the same amount as people as Atlanta, GA.

Brooklyn has way more people than Manhattan. Queens also has way more people than Manhattan.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
There’s nothing country about a city that has urban infrastructure and was literally the 6th most populated city in the country at one point with historical rivalries with Chicago

You just described Houston. Another country ass place

invalid

Banned
Daps
Did you all fail the same middle school geography test? What the hell is a country accent to you because not even Tennessee and Arkansas are competing with accents from the Deep South or the Appalachian region.

I don't know black people from Appalachia. Some Memphis accents are so thick, they're almost unintelligible. I understand most folks from Mississippi before I understand Memphis people.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Everyone said I had an accent when I moved out to Cali from the Lou. Even certain words, folks knew where I was from.

to this day I still get asked to repeat what I said when I say “fo” meaning 4. It is what it is
It’s Cali :mjlol: Anybody not from the west coast has an accent to us.