People are loving Returnal so far *previews thread*

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I think Ghosts combat, while very good, is very easy. I have some ideas on how they can improve it with the inevitable sequel and finer tuning the OP-ness of your stealth shyt is definitely one. shyt, Kunai shouldn't even have much effect on fully armored foes.
I'm getting whooped by these Mongols :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The idea of a rogue-like is funny to me because up until memory cards became a thing 90% of games were roguelikes.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I think Ghosts combat, while very good, is very easy. I have some ideas on how they can improve it with the inevitable sequel and finer tuning the OP-ness of your stealth shyt is definitely one. shyt, Kunai shouldn't even have much effect on fully armored foes.
maxresdefault.jpg

a kunai isn't a shuriken

it's like a big ass dagger, and its made of steel, armor is mostly iron, even steel armor is only plated with steel it's either bronze or iron underneath

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That $70 price tag though :francis:
The 16bit game price struggle was much worse. Pay OVER 70 thirty years ago breh :(

Yall can go sitdown complaining about game prices today. :birdman:

Games been 60 dollar retail for 15 years. Can't last forever esp with these budgets.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
not really. most games had 'lives', continues, etc

So does this game, it’s called a health meter and consumables. Either way, the hook of arcade games was to make sure you expend your lives, and you have to eventually start over from scratch and try again.

This is based on that concept. What Housemarque is known for is their arcade style games. They’re basically taking that same concept of those arcade style games that rely on the concept of “starting over, but getting smarter” and applying it to a triple A game.

Housemarque declare "arcade is dead," ditch the genre