People are loving Returnal so far *previews thread*

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Yeah it would be nice to get a demo.

Damn, do they even do demos anymore??? A good 10 minute demo would be great for this game.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
thread.png
Oh shyt, I’m in 5th place…
:ehh:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah it would be nice to get a demo.

Damn, do they even do demos anymore??? A good 10 minute demo would be great for this game.

Yeah, there's still game demos. But just as they were in the past, they're hardly made for every game released. I wouldn't mind one for this game or it being a standard, but it's not necessary for me with this one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love games that have one difficulty because it means the developer built the entire game around balancing this one mode. All the Q&A testing was done around it to make sure it was fair and worked right.

In other games that have like 8 different difficulties sometimes you never know which one is the best to play on. Sometimes games can feel way too easy, and then when you ramp up the difficulty you’re not really improving the AI or balancing you’re just turning th enemies into bullet sponges and lowering your health.

I like games like this where it’s like if “x & y can beat it, there’s no reason you can’t beat it”. Once I saw a couple scrubs on youtube clean up bloodborne it made me decide to go and play it.

PS5 exclusive Returnal is weird and brilliant – and Sony needs more like it | TechRadar

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I love games that have one difficulty because it means the developer built the entire game around balancing this one mode. All the Q&A testing was done around it to make sure it was fair and worked right.

In other games that have like 8 different difficulties sometimes you never know which one is the best to play on. Sometimes games can feel way too easy, and then when you ramp up the difficulty you’re not really improving the AI or balancing you’re just turning th enemies into bullet sponges and lowering your health.

I like games like this where it’s like if “x & y can beat it, there’s no reason you can’t beat it”. Once I saw a couple scrubs on youtube clean up bloodborne it made me decide to go and play it.

PS5 exclusive Returnal is weird and brilliant – and Sony needs more like it | TechRadar

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. Too often with difficulty choosing games, that bullet-sponge to health exchange ratio is the difficulty, which is annoying. Either that or just tack on more enemies. Occasionally, you'll get harder enemies dropped in on earlier, but that seems to run it's course once you get later into teh game, cuz there's no longer any harder enemies now, duz they'v already thrown those at the beginning and they didn't withhold difficult enemies out of the lower difficulty scales any.

I tend to have to start games on harder difficulties, not cuz I'm super skillful, cuz I'll admit to dying plenty, cuz I rarely care about dying in most games. But in anything less than that, the games be too much of a cakewalk. It's funny balance tho. Cuz they'll give you a robust toolset that lower difficulty ranks won't even allow you to fully employ, cuz the enemies die too quick. And the higher difficulties, you rarely get to use them either, cuz they can block all your shyt, making them essentially ineffective.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. Too often with difficulty choosing games, that bullet-sponge to health exchange ratio is the difficulty, which is annoying. Either that or just tack on more enemies. Occasionally, you'll get harder enemies dropped in on earlier, but that seems to run it's course once you get later into teh game, cuz there's no longer any harder enemies now, duz they'v already thrown those at the beginning and they didn't withhold difficult enemies out of the lower difficulty scales any.

I tend to have to start games on harder difficulties, not cuz I'm super skillful, cuz I'll admit to dying plenty, cuz I rarely care about dying in most games. But in anything less than that, the games be too much of a cakewalk. It's funny balance tho. Cuz they'll give you a robust toolset that lower difficulty ranks won't even allow you to fully employ, cuz the enemies die too quick. And the higher difficulties, you rarely get to use them either, cuz they can block all your shyt, making them essentially ineffective.

Yep. Thats why so many people here call some of these PlayStation games movie games, because the standard difficulty is made for a casual audience. A lot of times it just feels like you’re on auto pilot until the next checkpoint. A lot of people mostly care about the story.

Thats why some people think TLOU2 gameplay is trash because they play on standard difficulty. It’s one of the few games where turning up the difficulty actually improves how the enemies act and makes the stealth and items way more useful.

One of my criticisms for Ghost of Tsushima is even the hard difficulty felt more like normal halfway into the game. The kunai alone one shot people and a fully upgraded kunai kills like 6 enemies at once. Every skill you had was OP. I’m not even good at games like that, but it’s clear most people have gotten used to games being way too simplified.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yep. Thats why so many people here call some of these PlayStation games movie games, because the standard difficulty is made for a casual audience. A lot of times it just feels like you’re on auto pilot until the next checkpoint. A lot of people mostly care about the story.

Thats why some people think TLOU2 gameplay is trash because they play on standard difficulty. It’s one of the few games where turning up the difficulty actually improves how the enemies act and makes the stealth and items way more useful.

One of my criticisms for Ghost of Tsushima is even the hard difficulty felt more like normal halfway into the game. The kunai alone one shot people and a fully upgraded kunai kills like 6 enemies at once. Every skill you had was OP. I’m not even good at games like that, but it’s clear most people have gotten used to games being way too simplified.

Yeah, I think Ghosts combat, while very good, is very easy. I have some ideas on how they can improve it with the inevitable sequel and finer tuning the OP-ness of your stealth shyt is definitely one. shyt, Kunai shouldn't even have much effect on fully armored foes.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps

the game is meant to be played at lethal difficulty

it fixes that problem by making everyone else as strong as you are, shyt turns the ninja tools like kunai and smoke bombs from op to a necessity to stay alive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the game is meant to be played at lethal difficulty

it fixes that problem by making everyone else as strong as you are, shyt turns the ninja tools like kunai and smoke bombs from op to a necessity to stay alive

Well it wasn’t meant to be played that way because it wasn’t included until much later. I was already done with the game by the time it was added and it was added because they knew the game was easy.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Well it wasn’t meant to be played that way because it wasn’t included until much later. I was already done with the game by the time it was added and it was added because they knew the game was easy.

yeah i got on it mad late and had a friend tell me not to bother with anything other than lethal

i feel you on that